1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
What? I really have to disagree... With both of you... The new trailer looks better than the old one, and the animation looks good, there is nothing wrong with it... They are not holywoold or activison that can throw litteraly milions on a short scene in a movie or a game, they are a new company that have to do this with a far smaller amount of money than, say, Pixar... Also, this topic is already kind if discused in the new releases section of the forum...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Oh come on guys, how many threads do you need about this shit?

·
Registered
594 Posts
The animations are alright, but the faces are just....wrong. They fall into that "Uncanny Valley" category where no one thing is wrong, but it all combines into this horrible parody of humanity that is repulsive on a very basic level.

Not really the fault of the animators, western animation in general has the same problem. A big example is that Star Wars animated series that's running right now, where everything is beautiful but the damn faces are just horrendous. (Also Obi-Wan's beard is like 5 solid ploygons. Thats an issue too.)

Hopefully they'll keep the helmets on and it should be passable.

Link for those of you who don't know wtf the Uncanny Valley is.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
There is already a thread about the movie here.

Try to have a look at the Recent Posts to make sure your not making a copy thread.

Grish

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
A big example is that Star Wars animated series that's running right now, where everything is beautiful but the damn faces are just horrendous.
There is nothing wrong with the faces in the Clone Wars, they look good as they are, and fit well into the animation style!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Oh come on guys, how many threads do you need about this shit?
WE NEED MANY, MANY THREADS!
The animation isn't really SHOWN in that trailer, there's a short talking thing, a bit of gunfire, and like 10 seconds max of actual clear movement.

The animation isn't bad, the graphics aren't bad (as said, they aren't HUGELY RICH ZOMG), what's the problem?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've seen the trailers. I'll admit, in comparison to what we've seen pumped out of high grade dedicated CGI studios from DreamWorks, LucasArts, and ILM, the animation from the Ultramarines movie doesn't look terrible impressive. But guess what, as long as the animation is good enough for me to suspend my disbelief in the possibility of this action happening and it has a story that pulls me in and makes me has some form of feelings about the characters, the animation can suck massive hairy donkey balls for all I care. I mean look at South Park. I guarantee that no one is watching that for it's quality of animation. But people still watch it. So Animation quality isn't the end-all, be-all of entertainment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts