Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
In order of power, I would say Its probably something like this

Emperor of Mankind (Even after the HH)
The Chaos Gods (In whatever order)
The Mighiest Eldar Farseers (Eldrad etc)
Magnus the Red
Malcador (But he's dead so it doesn't realy matter)
Tigurius
Ahriman
Mephiston

From here it realy breaks up IMO.

There is no solid fact to base this on, just fluff, and sinse GW isn't keen on keeping such a list, its unlikely we'll ever get a master list.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Magnus the Red
Tigurius
Ahriman
Mephiston

There is no solid fact to base this on, just fluff, and sinse GW isn't keen on keeping such a list, its unlikely we'll ever get a master list.
interesting...it's rather odd that human shamans could pour their essence into the emperor, thereby creating a god-like being, and the Eldar never decided to do something similar...heck why doesn't the Imperium round up a couple thousand psykers and create get them to turn themselves into another emperor?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe that kind of ritual is unknown to them, ancient lost knowledge.

The Emperor did it tens of thousands of years ago, perhaps no one else knows how.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts

Magnus the Red
Tigurius
Ahriman
Mephiston

It all depends on how you would rate Psykers yourself. I mean some Psykers strictly only have Farseeing and Scrying abilites whilst others might only have 'Laser beam'(!) powers.

Also you can't really count the Warp Gods as 'Psykers' to-be-honest. They are the stuff of Warp energy in itself, masters of the warp, and sustained by the material realm. But even if you did want to include them into such a list I wouldn't rate them as lower than the Emperor.

Anyway, that aside I think its a given that the Emperor is the most powerful Psyker in the galaxy (Warp Beings aside).

Out of the known Psykers I would suggest Magnus the Red trailing behind him a bit.

Following those two its a bit more complex than a simple list in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Despite what may be in codices, and skipping over the Chaos Gods, I think its something like this.

God-Emperor of Mankind
Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch of Tzeentch
-Insert other psychic primarchs here, but Magnus is the one most famed for his power-
Alpha-plus rogue psykers
Ahriman
Eldrad + various Eldar
Typhus
Tigurius / Mephiston / Ezekiel
Inquisitors + sanctioned psykers thereof

·
Registered
854 Posts
Every sort. He can predict the future, blast fools to ash with psychic force, read minds, pulp brains, create primarchs, banish daemons, guide humanity through the warp, obliterate souls, and generally be awesome, etc.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Sorry, Eldrad beats the snot out of every human psyker apart from the Emperor.

Ranking him below Magnus the Red is an unfortunate mistake, ranking him below Ahriman is amusing and ranking him below rogue psykers is frankly insulting. Magnus couldn't alter his own fate, never mind that of his entire race.

Eldrad *caused* Armageddon, defeated the second rise of the Necrons, and single-handedly defeated Abbadon's Blackstone Fortress above the planet Cadia, and by extension saving the entire system and possibly the galaxy from the 13th Black Crusade.

He can see not only the future of the Eldar race, Humanity and Dante's pet cat "Tiddles", he can manipulate your destiny so that your skull rests more comfortably underneath his boot when he strides across the bodies of an Imperial Army he annihilated that afternoon. :p

@ Monty: "it's rather odd that human shamans could pour their essence into the emperor, thereby creating a god-like being, and the Eldar never decided to do something similar..."

You ever heard of Slaanesh? You ever wonder where s/he came from? Right. :laugh:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I think Eldrad would only rank below the Emperor, considering how long he was around and the profound effect he has had on the whole galaxy. Of the humans, it is well established fluff that Malcador was second in strength only to the Emperor, quite a ways ahead of Magnus.

Also, people are mentioning Tigurius and Mephiston, but if you want to talk about Librarians, Njal Stormcaller looks even more powerful than either. Even in 2nd Ed he was one of the most powerful characters in the game.

This opens up the whole debate about the classes of psyker. In some of the BL novels, particularly the Eisenstein novels they talk about rogue alpha class psykers who are way more powerful than even the strongest librarian or astropath, and laid waste to whole systems, such as the Apex twins. I know someone on another site, the Conclave I think, came to a very logical conclusion that the most powerful trained Imperial psyker was only a gamma or delta class, as anything more powerful was simply uncontrollable, and too open to corruption by the warp.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The strongest HUMAN psyker is gamma or delta. Space marines, primarchs, and certain exceptional individuals (malcador, emperor) are higher. Alpha-Plus rogue psykers have more raw force than even eldrad...when did eldrad psychically obliterate a battle-titan all on his lonesome, as alpha-plus psykers are described as doing? I don't recall the quote but I think its in the apocalypse book or somewhere and says they can destroy a planet with as much effort as snapping their fingers. And again, I never read eldrad as being a massively potent psyker in terms of sheer force, but in subtlety and skill. He can read the strands of fate better than even, perhaps, the emperor could, but I think that in a straight up psychic duel of power to power he would lose to ahriman or an alpha plus. Ahriman, btw, strikes me as lower than an alpha plus in pure strength but stronger again in cunning and knowledge and experience. Eldrad wins on those, but not on power.
And I'm unaware of Njal's fluff so forgive me for exlcuding him. Mephiston released all his psychic potential through conquering the black rage and so is very powerful and mentally strong. Tigurius survived contacting the hive mind and retained his sanity. Ezekiel, in addition to pwning a warboss on his own, can read minds perfectly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
there are only four alpha grade psykers confirmed. and they are
1. The Emperor
2. Magnus the red
3. The alpha twins
4. Ahriman
All the others are beta grade at best

whats the difference between huron and guilliman?... Huron admits hes a tyrant

·
Registered
414 Posts
i would have to say magnus is more poweful than malcador since the original position of sitting on the golden throne was to be for magnus. when malcador did it he was drained into a dry husk and died.

my only argument to Khorne's Fist is that while it does seem logical-ish (the whole delta class being the highest a trained Imperial can become) towards the mid/end of Hereticus Eisenhorn said Ravenor started as a delta class psyker back when he was an apprentice but by that point in the book he was definitely much more powerful than a delta class.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You ever heard of Slaanesh? You ever wonder where s/he came from? Right. :laugh:
yes, humans got a god-like entity to protect them against the horrors of the universe, and the Eldar got.........Slaanesh

and all this talk about how powerful rogue alpha plus psykers are, wouldn't all the rogue alpha plus psykers be slaves of chaos, nothing but conduits with no free will?

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's a lot about the nature of psykers that is unclear. What exactly are Dark Eldar Psykers like, where do the old ones fall into this and does the Hive Mind qualify in the semantics of the question? Does the nature of the Emperor as a psyker parallel the Chaos gods enough to disqualify them. I believe that the Emperor is more powerful than anyone of them and even rivals them combined.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Power means nothing without control.

Magnus had no control. (See what happened to him?)

Ahriman had no control. (See what happened to the 1k Sons?)

Rogue Psykers have no control. (Being conduits, rather than self contained individuals)

Eldrad has control. (Of most of the galaxy :p )

Being able to destroy a planet at will is nothing compared to the power to alter the future so that an individual/race never existed. You would never have a "1v1 Psychic Duel" with Eldrad, because he would already have manipulated you into being possessed by Chaos/dying on another battlefield/being in another part of the galaxy. :biggrin:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Being able to destroy a planet at will is nothing compared to the power to alter the future so that an individual/race never existed. You would never have a "1v1 Psychic Duel" with Eldrad, because he would already have manipulated you into being possessed by Chaos/dying on another battlefield/being in another part of the galaxy. :biggrin:
Very good point. I think Eldrad wouldn't lower himself to take part in something as crude as a one on one battle of wills. If he sees you as a threat, Eldrad has already decided your fate centuries before you are born.

·
Slaanesh's Plaything
1,290 Posts
As Eldrad is dead does he count any more ?
Also yea he started the war of Armaggedon but is it really that hard to trick a ork into attacking a world ? Yes he can read the future very well and using it to his advantage but in sheer power he is very low down.
Also how do Magnus and Ahirman not have control, is it just because they fell to chaos.
As Chaos is the power of the psykers I would have to say that surely the Lords of Change are more powerful than most psykers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
well here is what an alpha plus psyker is for all those scratching their heads and wondering.

quoted from lexicanum:
"Uncontained, Alpha-Plus psykers represent an immediate and catastrophic threat to the Imperium. In theory, there is nothing that a trained Alpha-Plus psyker cannot accomplish through force of will; from snapping a Titan in half to summoning a legion of Greater Daemons. Representing such a great danger, the Inquisition usually executes Alpha-Plus psykers on sight unless the possibility for capture is nearly assured. Although extreme examples of even this classification The Emperor of Mankind and the Gods of Chaos might be concidered psykers of this magnitude."

so i think anyone of that rediculous raw power would be right up there. the only people close to that other than the mentioned above would be magnus and at a stretch ahriman. i don't think eldrad would be as i think his power is more in the real area's of cunning and manipulation and since this the most powerful psykers thread i don't think he cuts it.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
to touch on the eldrad subject isnt he dead? and aren't ahriman and magnus still alive? i must say that eldrad was most likely the eldar's best farseer ever in my opinion, i dont know much about eldar history or the like so my bets in with him, but he's dead now. now for the order the emp is obviously at the top with Magnus not far behind him, magnus was already powerful but then his powers were boosted once he turned to tzeentch. next i think is a tie between eldrad and ahriman, eldrad like i said before is powerful but so is ahriman, to be able to do what he did to a whole legion and have the brass balls to hunt down as much knowledge as possible and even start hunting for the black library means he must be truly powerful, plus he's a chaos marine:) other then that malcador would be in there somewhere, most likely above eldrad and ahriman.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts