·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as to topic says my picks

Pretty much every catachan jungle fighter

but these three stand out

sly marbo pretty much a complete rambo clone only many times better

Colonel iron hand Straken he killled a land shark with his teeth while having quite a bit of him bitten off by said land shark and refused to scream as not to give his comrades position while hunting fucking eldar badly wounded. and even with those injuries he and his buddies kicked said eldars asses. Only after that did he see a medic.

Gunnery sergeant stonetooth Harker the only human alive that has headlocked a tyranid ravener to death the only human alive that can carry a heavy bolter as if it were a lasgun and move like a ninja while carrying said heavy bolter. a feat space marines cannot do

on the none catchan side Ibram Gaunt has killed chaos space marines in single combat and risk his life to save his men.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Pshhh, I don't need Rambo-movie rejects. Death Korps of Krieg, because nothing says hardcore like continuing to shell a hive for twenty years after the enemy surrender and five years after there are no signs of life in said hive.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
And what about the guardsmen who stood between the injured emperor and horus, who gave no fucks to the fact horus was 3 times bigger and about to rip his guts out...

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Think he's been retconned to be something else. Astartes or Custodian?

As for the OP's question. Mkvenner, hands down.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Old One Eye Yarrick rates a mention.
Commisar Cain, he kicks ass even when trying to run away.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Im with Angel of Blood on this one. Though of those he listed i would say Andrej, it takes some serious balls to speak to the BLACK TEMPLARS the way he does.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Really? That many of you think those ragged scraps from a dead world, those light infantry scouts, are the hardest members of the Guard in the galaxy? Just because there are a few neat books about them doesn't make them superhuman.

And what about the guardsmen who stood between the injured emperor and horus, who gave no fucks to the fact horus was 3 times bigger and about to rip his guts out...
He may have been retconned into an Imperial Fists Termi Captain, then a Custodes later, but the guardsman who went on to become the patron saint of all guardsmen, a certain Ollanius Pious, might very well be making a comeback in the Heresy series.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I think him being retained into a perpetual makes the sacrifice even greater to be honest!

My 2nd choice is a failed Krieg recruit.

Literally sells his life to make sure the successful guys have a chance to practice real combat before going off world.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seconded for Pius Because fuck people who think otherwise.
Third for Pius that retcon was stupidity and nonsensical why would the emperor go ape shit over a custode who is mini primarch. That a normal man stood before horus and then got callously butchered that would make the emperor realize his boy was beyond saving

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Really? That many of you think those ragged scraps from a dead world, those light infantry scouts, are the hardest members of the Guard in the galaxy? Just because there are a few neat books about them doesn't make them superhuman.
Actually yeah. Mkoll has proven himself over and over again to be a complete and utter bad ass, and hard as a coffin nail. Mckvenner is just as good as Mkoll by the end by all indications, Mkolls included. Gaunt has also proven time after time that he's not to be fucked with.

I'm still 50/50 about Pious at the moment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts