Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so with the new WHFB edition I have been wanting to do a new project. I have been tinkering with this idea for a while and have accumulated most of the models needed for the list and with the changes improving most of the units in it I decided it was due.

Started out with the characters since I am still working out how to do the Trolls themselves, but I know I want them to look like Ice Trolls. Lots of fur on them, leaning heavily on the style of the Giant (Abominable Snowbeast).

OK so without further adoooo....

Throgg

Still need to do the weapon claws and base.

Kholek

a shot with Sgt "Oops I crapped my pants" for scale

The Giant after sculpting fur on the gaps

The Shaggoth with 2CCWs

C&C appreciated! :eek:k:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
One of the best kholek models I've seen to date.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Very nice work DK!!! Throgg and Kholek are looking awesome and I can't wait to see the giant painted up.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah... but these models are still on my shelf, glaring at me to finish them. After my tournament in Feb I may do just that...

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
sometimes Thread Necros inspire us to start anew eh DK?

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, my tourney is out of the way so it's time move on to something else...like this army!

I have a buddy who is encouraging me to return to the land of the square bases and a new local group starting a WHFB escalation league. So it looks like the proper time to return to the Ice Trolls I believe.

I'm meeting the group Monday and we start with 750 pts. so I'll be assembling some Chaos Hounds in during our hang out get-together time. I'll be making up a list and start assembly this week.

stay tuned...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts