Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
5,030 Posts
And I have a question, where do I excatly read the Macragge's Honour HH graphic novel? After which book? I couldn't find an answer to it even in the wiki...
Macragge's Honour is set after the main novel Know No Fear. Once you've read that, a fantastic novel and one of the HH's best in my opinion, you'll be able to fully understand the plot of Macragge's Honour.

As for the so-called stale parts, it's really down to your own individual taste. I enjoyed Angel Exterminatus a great deal, it made Perturabo into an actually interesting character, showed how fall Fulgrim has really fallen, and introduced Nykona Sharrowkyn. Personally I think that the novels in the stale period, 22-38, have some of the best entries in the series like Betrayer, The Unremembered Empire, Scars, Vengeful Spirit, Deathfire, Path of Heaven, and are actually more interesting than some earlier books such as Legion, Mechanicum, Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels or Prospero Burns.

You just have to read and judge for yourself. But I do feel that if you drop out of the series at that period, you are missing some of the best parts of the series. Especially anything by Aaron Dembski-Bowden and Chris Wraight.

LotN

· Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Out of the 16 stale period novels those are the pretty much the four worth reading. :p
There's more than just those four. Deathfire was very enjoyable, Path of Heaven was fantastic (but it's Chris Wraight's White Scars so that's obvious), Angels of Caliban was also very good, and I quite enjoyed Angel Exterminatus, though McNeill should have limited himself to returning Forrix, Kroeger and Falk. (Toramino and Berossus were too much, Vul Bronn I don't really count because he only appeared in one short story.)

This is heresy and I will fight you with a knife 1v1.
Heresy is what I do. >:)

LotN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.