Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you have become aware, and on many an occasion have asked to see more of, I paint primarch minis and their emperor. as an astute viewer has brought to our attention, I am also currently working on Magnus the Red (he can be seen lurking mostly out of frame in one of my pics). So, with this project also revealed, why not show it off to you guys? Here he is and yes, he is that big. He is taller than a land raider...and a bitch to blend, so gimme a bit of leeway in that department please ;)

and here are some reference pics for size:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
And russ beat the tar out of that? Ah its good to be a wolf player. lol

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
fine work. Is that a purchased mini or a custom sculpt?
Would like to see more of his face.

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Even though I tink the model is a bit strange, the paint jobso far is top notch, I'm enjoying seeing more of your work.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
836 Posts
What a shockingly bad sculpt. whoever did that one needs to be shot. And since this would have come from a GW image, the original artist needs to be shot too.

not a bad paintjob.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol...and with that i readily accept no credit for the sculpt; only the paint. the sculpts have come a *long* way from the first few...the lion, as much as i hate him as a primarch, is fantastically sculpted. i've got him on my commission too, so you'll be seeing him not too far from now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nah mate, you've done a bloody good job of bringing a horrible sculpt together. I mean, he looks like he belongs in the 40K equivalent of an 80's hair metal band.

+rep.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, i can't wait to show you guys how long his hair really is... it blends with a fur cape, but the sculptor didn't really differentiate the two... so it *could* be as long as his ankles... XD

·
Registered
626 Posts
You are an awesome painter Ragnar, how much are your comissions? I have a Leman Russ model the exact same as the one in your pics and it needs painting. Have some rep for magy any way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol, thanks guys!!! I charge about 100 per individual model and 125 for a terminator size (i.e. primarch size). you'll get my best quality. if you're looking for less money/less quality, I have some lesser qualities, of course, but for such a centerpiece as a primarch, why would you ever?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Damn, at the moment (And far forseable future I cannot not offord that much money.) could you at least PM me a way you would paint Leman and any Space Wolves you got? If you use a more Grey form of SW (I mean the right and proper way.) painting then I would love to know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts