Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yet unremembered empire was written aftee soul hunter, thus the opinions of the astartes is inaccurate due to their ignorance.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Really? You are calling the opinion of the prophet Talos, one of the closest to the Night Haunter in multiple ways and one of if not his main confidant ignorant?

Your bellendery astounds me Lux. I'm out. I can't deal with that. Peace.
Curze was master of reality, in unremembered empire everything he did was purely in order to bring about the reality he desired out of all the infinite that stood before him. He purposely acted like the lion and Guilliman were dead in order to meet certain requirements of the reality he was trying to bring about, he was purposely acting in certain ways in order to influence which reality was coming to pass.

Why did he do this you ask? Because Curze saw that if he had truly killed the Lion and Guilliman then and there, all the realities that would follow that event would result in his death. Thus he had to leave them alive in order to enter the branch of potential realities that resulted in him escaping with his life.

Now do you understand?

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
After reassessing the combat between the two primarchs, I have come to the realization that the Lion is not superior to Curze in tactics, nor is he superior to Curze in Strategy. This is apparent by their half a decade long stalemate, in which each legion was unable to overcome the other in tactics, or overarching strategy.
Except that's not exactly what was described to us in 'Savage Weapons', 'The Lion', or 'Prince of Crows'.

'For twenty-six months I have chased him. For twenty-six months, he has fled from me, burning worlds before we arrive, crippling supply routes, annihilating Mechanicum outposts. Every ambush we plan, he slips from our fingers, wriggling away unseen.'
The tactics of avoidance may very well be the best ones depending on your objective (in this case, to keep an entire Legion occupied), but they don't necessarily indicate superiority. The point being that, as long as there were more star systems than the Lion had starships to adequately secure and/or patrol, Curze and the Night Lords could operate more or less at their leisure.

Furthermore I have also come to see that neither primarch is superior to one another in partial ability, each was able to wound the other and demonstrate that they could kill the other barring favorable circumstances.
I agree with this. There have been so many posts and statements by authors pointing to the pointlessness of trying to determine which Primarch is better at combat. It's subjective, and wholly dependent on the situation at hand.

Also no matter how awesome Curze seems these days, all I can think about is how he goes out like a bitch.
On the other hand Lion goes out pussying out and loosing a duel to his former mentor. That's Annakin Skywalker levels of bitch.
Grow up, both of you. :wink:

CJay, you don't have to admire Konrad Curze to recognize that he greeted death with open eyes and without fear.

MEQinc, as if we don't already have ample evidence of the fact that Chaos can make "mere mortals" a match for Primarchs. Or that a sufficiently well-planned ambush by even a squad of Space Marines could actually come close to slaying a Primarch!

Angel of Blood has covered me when it comes to precognition. And it goes without saying that I'm not involving myself in a debate centered on your more, ahem, philosophical ideas, Lux. :wink:

Cheers,
P.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts