Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my Project Log for my Tyranid army, I'm starting; I'm literally at the beginning here; Only 2 Models :laugh:

None the less, Heres my Starting point.

My Carnifex/ Tervigon:
This is a carnifex model, which I plan on model-repping as a Tervigon:

Base coat black, Flesh layered in Tallarn Flesh

Dry Brushed Bleached Bone, Highlighted Skull white and Bleached bone at 1:1, then highlighted a tiny amount with skull white.

Highlighted the Carapace with Skull White:Chaos Black at 1:1 - It doesn't look that patchy in real, Bad camara. :)

Kind've limited to what i can do now.. Seeing as I don't own any purple.. and I can't think of anything else to do, aha :) I'll start the Trygon's Skin in a bit :)

Feel free to throw in tips; I'll be slowly building/painting this 'Nid army. :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue is empty :(

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
um why don't you just mix your own purple using the red and blue in the background?
:laugh: Oh SNAP!

I'mnot sure if it's the camera or not, but my first impression of the 'fex is that it's not finished (apart from the parts you plan on doing) . A good idea is getting some washes, as they are useful on most paintjobs but imo would really come into their own when painting 'nids.

If your aiming for a cream coloured skin then washing the skin with Delvan Mud, focusing on the recesses could help, plus give extra definition to the little skin details 'nids tend to have. Or if your aiming for a purple tint, do the same with Levithan Purple.

Also investing in the Hormagaunt Purple foundation paint would be of good value.

All in all looking forward to seeing this beast completely finished, and it's a great start :eek:k:.

Grish

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Update. After realising i don't actually need to do Purple.. I've decided to do my own fluff. A section of the Leviathan fleet, Gets separated during an assault, and becomes It's own Micro-Hive; And without the large amounts of Synapse connection; due to limited Synapse creatures- Have started to decay, losing their colour, purple turns to red, White Flesh turns to dark, grey, brown flesh. (That's the basic idea :p)

Just a note again: The camera, is fucking shite. So please understand that the graduation of red, is much nicer to the eye. But there's my completed (for the time being) Carnifex/Tervigon.
Could anyone tell me if a Carnifex is okay to model-rep as a Tervigon?

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
To proxy yes, as long as your CLEARLY identify it to your opponent, making sure they can identify it as a seperate entity to any other 'fexs you may have in the army.

Grish

·
Registered
592 Posts
Size-wise etc, the Tervigon is about the size of a Carnifex. If you don't feel like converting yourself, I know of some conversion sets for, I think it was 20$ a conversion set.(that's without the Carnifex.)

Loving the cluttered desk, though :D

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To proxy yes, as long as your CLEARLY identify it to your opponent, making sure they can identify it as a seperate entity to any other 'fexs you may have in the army.

Grish
Don't plan on any other 'Fex's, So i should be okay.

Where you getting those conversion sets cruor?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Tidied up the Trygon's flesh, Now all that's left is a wash of Dev Mud as per suggested! :)
Then the loooong task of Doing the carapace!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eh, It wont be as bad as doing it to 60 odd termagants. I dunno how I'll manage that :|
Just working on what I own at the moment, which is the 'Fex and the Trygon :p

Anyone know anything about converting from a 'Fex to a Tervigon?

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That thing doesn't look great imo, I might try green stuffing the egg-sac, But I'm sure it'll be fine to proxy as a 'Fex.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Started work on The trygon carapace! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts