Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to be the first Captain of my 41st millenia Legion army. He is not quite done. I need to get another shoulder pad for his left arm and I need some Boltgun metal as I ran out.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Looks good, the gold and black reminds me of Dagmire's inquisition (which is an excellent scheme), and the scythe fits this guy well.

From your posts it looks like your building a really interesting army.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah because this guy is a Captain, when I get some more BOltgun Metal. he will be Silver and Gold indicating that he is a hardened Veteran. In my army, the more gold you got the wiser you are. And if you got silver aswell then you are extra Special.

Thanks for the Post.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Ah because this guy is a Captain, when I get some more BOltgun Metal. he will be Silver and Gold indicating that he is a hardened Veteran.
Heh, i didn't mean to imply you ripped him off, i just meant it's a really good looking colour scheme :grin:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really like the model, it looks quite good, but i am curious, where is the polearm from?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh I'm not really sure, the arm is from the Chaos Termy kit, the axxe arm and cut the axe off. And I think the blade is Scaven although I can't be sure, my mate at GW said "Hey this would look great on there."

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice work but can I suggest that the gold would benefit from a wash of either Devlan mud or Gryphonne sepia [or both ;p] and then highlight the gold up again.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
very nice model, I like the conversion too. Blade looks like it's from The WOC slaanesh champion but I could be wrong. I agree that the gold looks pretty flat. I;d recommendt shading it with some brown washes and then highlighting it with a very light use of silver on it.... Makes it really pop out then :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol It is already washed with Delvan mud, everything except the gold on the back of the legs that is. But thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I can see the washed now that you mention it hehehe. All the same though a silver highlight can make gold seem that much more shiny

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THanks, I will have to get some more, I seem to have run out of allot of paints. My little bro probably used them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hmm, if that's already washed you may be getting a colour shift from the camera depending on lighting. I'll quickly list a process for gold that will make it really pop and is easy to do.

Gold -->
Devlan mud -->
Hit all raised areas with gold again -->
Gyphonne Sepia wash -->
Hit the sharpest raised areas very sparingly with mithril silver [or chainmail or boltgun if you're short on paints.]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts