Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys
been out of it for a little while, but got asked to take part in a small tourney and thought cause its probably gonna be my last time, i decided i'd run my list past you guys so far and see what you guys think (this is a work in progress so please feel free to comment but please make it constructive - my apologies if i offend anyone)

This list is untested and mostly based on what i feel will be semi competitive but fun to use - that being said here's the list:

HQ: Chaos lord
-daemonheart
-blade of the relentless
-mk of khorne
-juggernaut
-meltabombs
TROOPS:

10 cultists
-autoguns
-Heavy Stubber
-mk of nurgle

5 CSM
-mk of nurgle
-Autocannon

FAST ATTACK
3 CSM Bikers

1 Heldrake
-baleflamer

tactic: lord with bikes as meat sheilds so he gets into close combat, where he kills warlords and hopefully scores first blood/linebreaker, possibly break a weakly held objective whilst the rest of the army just sits in cover and provides support

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
10 cultists
-autoguns
-Heavy Stubber
-mk of nurgle
Honestly, I would leave these guys naked to use the points where they'd be more useful.

5 CSM
-mk of nurgle
-Autocannon
Unfortunately, you can only get an autocannon when you reach 10 models in the squad. A plasma gun should make a nice substitute--what it loses in range, it makes up for in AP.

FAST ATTACK
3 CSM Bikers
I'd try to get a meltagun or two on these guys, so they have some nice tank-popping capability.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) i get that the points spent on the cultists could be better spent elsewhere, but if the cultists are going to be camped in cover and trying to hold an objective, they need to be as survivable as possible so surely the points are better spent on the cultists
2) well....that sucks... in that case a plasma gun would be good, but wouldn't a heavy bolter be just a little better cause of the extra shot?
3) i like the idea of melta gun bikers, only problem is the lord would be assaulting squads of infantry and HQ's so surely a close combat weapon would be a better alternative?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
2) well....that sucks... in that case a plasma gun would be good, but wouldn't a heavy bolter be just a little better cause of the extra shot?
Considering the heavy bolter is another heavy weapon, its not an option for your five man squad just like the autocannon.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
3) i like the idea of melta gun bikers, only problem is the lord would be assaulting squads of infantry and HQ's so surely a close combat weapon would be a better alternative?
Darkreever pointed out the problem with a Heavy Bolter. The low AP of a plasma gun also gives you a lot of options that HBs or ACs would--a silver lining, I guess, even though we'd both rather sit back and shoot from afar.

The close combat weapon is quite useful... but you can feel free to swap the bike itself's twin-linked bolter for the meltagun, if you want, and not lose the bonus attack for having a ccw and bolt pistol!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool, though if i were to crash the lord into a unit then the bikers would have to follow suit as the lord would still be in the unit, and detaching the lord isn't really an option otherwise he'll get bogged down and the bikers are only there mainly to soak up wounds. that in mind, would a plasma gun be better purely for the additional shot at mid-range?

and i will take the plasma gun on the marines, i wish i had another alternative thats actually effective for points but for hat i need the squad to do and what its going to come up against, the plasma gun is probably the safest option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts