Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd post my custom chapter's fluff real quick! Hope you all enjoy!

So, their planet of origin is Sussex (originally was Cebola, but decided to change to Sussex to keep more of the medieval feel). On the north-eastern border of the Tau Empire. So It's pretty far removed from the Imperium and most people have forgotten they exist as they're a relatively new chapter founded from the Iron Knights. It's a kind of Hive-world/ feral world, basically what happened was previous Ork and Chaos incursions decimated several Hive cities, so there's these HUGENORMOUS ruins of Hive towers and metropolis' everywhere, and radiation and gnarly stuff from those Hives' plasma reactors got leaked into the wreckage, so the survivors of the collapse turn into these freaky mutant creatures and hunt each other and any Underhive gangers brave (or stupid) enough to try and salvage something from the wreckage. (weapons/raw materials) In addition to mutants there are roving bands of rival gangs/mercenary bands that pillage and plunder small outlying townships periodically. Over the surface of the planet there are about 12 different hive cities all with their own hierarchy of nobles and guilders that constantly fight for supremacy with their neighbors, thus various mercenary bands (and occasionally the gangers) find employ. There is some jungle in a few areas of the planet and many mountainous areas (think Appalachians/Rockies) where the SM chapter has their Fortress Monastery. There are always at least 4 Imperial Guard regiments in each Hive at any given time to provide protection at a moments' notice. The Crusaders Veritas (The SM chapter) recruit the feral gangers from the underhives and ruins. They are all natives of Sussex, as the planet has a gargantuan population. So for the Marines beliefs/doctrine I wanted a knightly more noble approach than just superhuman warriors out fighting for glory or the Emperor. They fight for the memories of their homes and families and believe that the people of the Imperium are the most important and worthy resource to protect and that they fight to protect them and cleanse and guide if need be. Theres going to be a very medieval theme to it, whenever an aspirant is fully inducted to the chapter they undergo a ritual in which they get a new name along with their arms and armour, and are Knighted with the Chapter Master's Relic Blade (I need a name for the sword, any ideas?). They have a section of space similar to Ultramar, but with a more medieval feel, instead of all that Greek crap. Elite Marines (Sternguard) are inducted into a Kill team (like the Deathwatch but more generalist instead of just Xenos) and given Special Forces like missions (assassinations and such). Hopefully you enjoyed this and Happy Wargaming!

The Colonel Commisar

P.S. Reply with any thoughts, comments, advice (please!), tactics please feel free! (I'm playing IG for now but plan to start these guys a little later) The IG I'll be playing are from the same region of space but not the same planet.. THIS IS ALL WIP AND I HOPE TO ADD MORE AS I GET FEEDBACK!!!! Tell me what you think! and yes this is my first chapter... so please bear with me. Keep the feedback coming!

Cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Alright, I'll just go ahead and assume that this is your first SM Chapter, so let me point out a few mistakes you did:

-There are exactly 20 Primarch that were created by the Emperor as his sons (some say they were the pinnacle of the Space Marine making progress, while some say that the Emperor used his own genes as their base), and 18 of them are known. There are tons of threads about the two missing ones, if your intrested to look more into the rumours and speculations about them....

-The Iron Knights are successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists (one of the original Legiones Astartes, Space Marine Legions, whose Primarch was Rogal Dorn. Look Lexicanum for more information), so if the KToC are split from them, they have the same gene-seed base. I think (the whole gene-seed buisness of the Chapters confuse me a little).

Other things I'd like to point out:

-The homeworld seems very interesting, but an Astartes homeworld do not usually have any Imperial Guard presence (if the Marines themselves can't up keep some form of order, be it through fear and indimitation or through laws and sense of justice, things are very dire for the Chapter indeed). They also are not used to recruit any IG (there's a tithe grade for these worlds, but I can't remember what it was for SM homeworlds at the moment)

-I believe you meant "Chapter Fortress-Monastery", as if i remember right a Chapter house is a Black Templar type lesser fortress that is just there to ensure a presence, perhaps because of potential recruits or some rescourse that is valuable for the Chapter. These do not act as more then temporary stop points to refit before the next Crusade or campaign.

-Ezekiel Guilliman, eh? You sure they don't share some of their gene-seed escence with Dark angels as well..?

-I can't quite make out the colours from your avatar, but if I remember the larger picture correctly, they would have a white power armour with blue shoulder and knee pads? What about their symbol, do you have any ideas for that?

-Considering that the Space Marines are pretty as much "Special Forces" as they can be, so saying that would seem..well. But if you say that they are trained to operate as small independent strike teams (would in my mind fit their gang/mercenary band past) then it would sound more appropriate. But then, how do you take that idea, and turn them into Knights...

I can't think of anything else at the moment. Anyway, good luck to your new Chapter and to your games!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey guys! Thanks for cleaning that up... I'll edit in stuff to make it more in line with the 40k world when I have time... probably this weekend. Thanks again!

P.S Disregard the bit about my Avatar being the color scheme. It's my Avatar on the Rogue Market website that has the prototype color scheme. (good wargame trading website btw) here's the page: http://www.rogue-market.com/forums/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts