Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here comes the new edition, making things seem shiny!

So, got in a heated debate with a friend yesterday over his beloved inquisition detachment. Would like to run a couple of things past you guys if that's ok?

1. The FAQ for grey knights states that inquisitors now generate their powers from the BRB and pretty much get everything bar malefic powers. Does this pass onto inquisitors taken from the inquisition supplement?

2. If an inquisitor from the supplement tried to cast a sanctic power, does he benefit from the grey knights "no perils on any doubles" as that is where the models were originally from?

3. The null rod, if an ordo her inquisitor is in a transport, does that mean the transport benefits from the null rods ability "unaffected by psychic powers (both friendly and not).

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I would wager if you're playing them out of the Inquisition codex you use the rules from that codex. Your buddy can't use anything out of the GK book or FAQ if he's playing an Inquisitorial Detachment.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
1. The FAQ for grey knights states that inquisitors now generate their powers from the BRB and pretty much get everything bar malefic powers. Does this pass onto inquisitors taken from the inquisition supplement?

2. If an inquisitor from the supplement tried to cast a sanctic power, does he benefit from the grey knights "no perils on any doubles" as that is where the models were originally from?
No in both cases. It's a model from Codex: Inquisition, not Codex: Grey Knights.

3. The null rod, if an ordo her inquisitor is in a transport, does that mean the transport benefits from the null rods ability "unaffected by psychic powers (both friendly and not).
Unless it specifically states that it does, I would argue that the Null Rod does not affect a transport (like other abilities that affect the user and his unit such as Azrael's Lion Helm).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for your speedy responses!

I'm glad it wasn't just me then, I thought he was wrong on all cases but he was having none of it! He is one of those "Well if it doesn't say I can't then I must be able to" kinda guys, which makes discussing these rules with him a painful process.

But still, that null rod is nasty for psychic armies, even if it doesn't include the transport.

Side step question: Are GW updating the rules for the digital codexes directly do we think or they going to release an FAQ? Curious whether my LOTD dex will get a shiny update (though reckon nothing has changed for them)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
GW has said that FAQs are forthcoming for C:Inquisition and C:Adepta Sororitas, the digital codexes, so your friend will have to wait. This is an issue that has cropped up in the past with parallel units in different codexes having different abilities--Harlequins have often been tweaked to be slightly different between Eldar and Dark Eldar books, for instance, and Daemon Princes in Daemons and Chaos Space Marines have radically different wargear options...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts