Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm terrible at freehand painting. Does anyone know of anywhere you can get hold of a Stencil with chapter/squad insignias on? Specifically things like one or more sizes of the Ultramarines 'U' perhaps some roman numerals and Space marine squad markings.

Attatched is a poorly painte Smurf for your viewing pleasure (because I know everyone loves a good Smurf around here :biggrin:)

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Bayonet, I dont know where you can get a hold of anything like that, but I thought I would pop in and give something that works for me. Masking tape. Lay out of big peice of it and start cutting with you razor untill you make one your proud of, cut out a square aroud it and stick it on. Paint over it and let it dry for awhile. Peal it off and Shazzzam!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
space marine decal sheet?
That or you can dish out the money and go for the shoulder pads or etched brass:

Ultramarines

Tactical squad 1

Tactical squad 2

Assault squad

Etched Brass from Forge World (more for tanks, but it has some cool ones you can use for banners and other stuff too.)

Funny, no devastator shoulder pads from GW... huh.

But, the waterslide transfers are the cheapest way to go about it. The Assault on Black Reach transfers have a good selection or symbols and such.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surely you could print out an Ultra symbol and then cut it out from the sheet with a sharp knife? Lo and behold, your stencil is done. It has the benefit that you can customise the size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts