Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Just a minor thing I noticed on the latest mini you posted. I like the rusted effects, but on the combibolter(?) you have the rust connecting the weapon and the magazine. This just seems off to me as the magazine would be changed out after one runs out of ammo.
I see your point and counter with:

CHAOS NEVER RUNS OUT OF BULLETS!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Looking Awesome! Where did you find that mace head? Also if you do not have a worm daemonprince somehwere I'll be annoyed!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
The mace head is from Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth Heavy Jack kit).

And a few pages back I have my Daemon Prince and Great Unclean One, neither worms themselves, but with large worms coming out of them!

More pics of Mathas, my Chaos Lord soon. I have his Deathguard shoulder pads on now and the mace has the bottom haft.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Close Enough.. These guys are epic! I really like the style you've gone for, worms seem original and unique to me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

Added more segmented worms now that I have my tube tool from Masq Mini.

Black mace has extended haft now, though I have some straightening to do.

And as you can see, he fits perfectly on the base of bodies.

Question though: does base size really matter in 40k? Can I put my Chaos Lord on a 60mm base instead of 40mm?

·
Registered
114 Posts
wow, stunning! i love the conversions. Although the color scheme is quite different, if fantastic.....love to see more painted..but lets face it the conversions are more fun ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I love converting most of all.

The Chaos Lord has inspired me though, not to mention the new codex.

I think the order of painting will be:

Finish the Terminators.
Paint the Lord.
Plague Marines.

Not sure if I'm going to bother with my Rhinos. I may end up going foot slogging army instead.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I'm not crazy about the daemon prince model, but your paint jobs seem spot on. And I think that greater daemon looks great, kind of reminds me of the evil characters in Spawn + nurgle.

The lord is looking excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing him painted as well!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Definitely going to keep him on 40mm base. Was tempted to go large for pure aesthetics, but many have pointed out on other forums how bad that will make it for the Lord. More shots, more base to base enemies, etc.

Going to chop up those corpses and make 'em fit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Mathas and Black Mace are done.

Base has been reconfigured to work with 40mm. More work to do, but I like how it is turning out, especially that huge worm on there:

Typhus is getting a similar base so that I have him and Mathas mounted the same. I'll bring in Typhus when I feel like running Plague Zombies or as a 2nd HQ in a larger game (lol, like I'll ever get to play one). A few worms for him too, but not modding him much.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
As always bloody awesome conversion work!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
On the Chaos Lord, the gs work was done over a couple weeks. I try to be careful and only do small sections at a time, let them cure, then do more. Otherwise I end up smashing it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice! Are the beads going to be frogspawn or something similar?

Really cool Lord conversion. SUPER cool, must see it painted.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
New plague marines. Getting these guys finished converted, so I can get my painting project done for the month (the Terminators previously shown).

And my new favorite. Like he's so stuffed, they're spilling out onto the ground:

141 - 160 of 197 Posts