Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
121 - 140 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Someone pointed out to me that they probably feel weird right now because they don't have their backpacks to balance them out. So I'll put some on as soon as they arrive -- I'm putting the Plague Marine Champion backpack from the metal/finecast box on every Plague Marine (the one with the tubes).

I also changed out the sword in the back of that picture .. it was bothering me, so I switched it to the same rectangle-ish blades on the others. Fits better.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Well I must say it again, I just freaking love your "pestinators" ;) Any timeplan on when they'll be painted?

The four Plague Marines you're not digging, I just do. When wondering why not you might not I find that the heads seem to small, and the unit as a whole seem to metal-bulky and not that nurgle-bloaty-corpse-bulky.

As a detail, why not a tentacle out of ones arm holding a clip for it's bolter?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I'm coming around to the Plague Marines. I'll have all 7 completely assembled (minus minor GS work) tonight.

Plan to start painting the Terminators this weekend if all goes well. House full of guests at the moment though.

Regardless, my plan is to have them done by end of the year at the latest. I have the last week of December off, so that will help greatly.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I love your nurgle conversions. The daemon prince is looking very good already and kudos for successfully tackling a conversion on the FW greater daemon, I wouldn't have the balls to do that (mind you I lack the conversions skills, whereas you clearly do not). Great job on the Plague marines and terminators also. Have some rep!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Ah, that's not the FW Greater Daemon, that Greater Daemon is by Ultraforge and hard to find now. The only mod I did to it was adding the worms coming out of it (skaven tails).

I would love love LOVE to have a FW Nurgle Greater Daemon though. So beefy. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Greater Deamon Uod is complete:

Daemon Prince Lumbricus is complete:

The bases are not heavily textured, but instead painted in an urban/asphalt manner. Black and grey, with debris around. Usually I paint the edges of bases black, but I think with this army I'm going to paint the edges with the same asphalt look. I don't like the bases as much since I matte sealed them, so I may drybrush them again to bring their original look back. Most of the games I'll be playing will be on Zuzzy's urban gaming mat seen here: http://www.zuzzy.com/wc-bb-001-terra-flex-gaming-mat.html

Next on painting deck: started this scheme on the hooded Terminators.
Next on conversion deck: finishing up the Plague Marines and in between putting together Rhinos as well.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,501 Posts
They look excellent. Nice to finally see Lumbricus painted.

The only thing is the bases. While I know you're going for an asphalt look, they do look a bit bare. Maybe even a few road markings or something on the asphalt? A couple of double yellow lines would be interesting. Who's gonna tell him he's parked illegally?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I like what you have done with the GUO, the yellow/brown skin with the yellow pustules in contrast with the grey/steel armor works really well.

The DP looks good as well but feels unfinished to me for some reason. The grey doesn't work as well as it does on the GUO, it seems a bit too dark and flat. Maybe a little more shine on the steel would help.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
((Long time gone, but...))

Well, went ahead and started painting my hooded Terminators last night. If it ends up I can't (or shouldn't, lol) arm them the way I did due to 6th edition .. screw it.

I'll probably finish painting one to completion by Monday or Tuesday night. Unlike normal units where I paint assembly line, I'm going to try and paint each one of these guys to completion.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just a minor thing I noticed on the latest mini you posted. I like the rusted effects, but on the combibolter(?) you have the rust connecting the weapon and the magazine. This just seems off to me as the magazine would be changed out after one runs out of ammo.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Amazing conversion work AND painting, Notsoevil. I think you may get less comments on your painting because your talent for conversion is so incredible. Your painting is VERY good, but those conversions...it would be hard for Slayer Sword winner painting to not be overshadowed by those conversions.

Awesome!

and then the models will never be invited to go to partys because they are nude.
I'd invite a Sister of Battle to party in the nude...

121 - 140 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.