Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Also, the tumor faced fellow I showed before now has his hood, plus tubes and "goggles":

He's looking nifty - a good way to make the goggles look more...er...goggle-y...would be to put a small, thin piece of GS on the front of the plastic disc and then use something like a cocktail stick to make a hole in the centre; then carefully push the outer edge of the GS out towards the rim of the plastic, stopping just before the edge. Think of the Forge World Ogryn Berserkers...

...and you should be able to see what I mean.

hth

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments.

Svart: Yeah I hope to get them looking just like that in fact. Def not happy leaving them as-is. Say a prayer to Papa Nurgle that I can pull it off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
He's looking nifty - a good way to make the goggles look more...er...goggle-y...would be to put a small, thin piece of GS on the front of the plastic disc and then use something like a cocktail stick to make a hole in the centre; then carefully push the outer edge of the GS out towards the rim of the plastic, stopping just before the edge. Think of the Forge World Ogryn Berserkers...
I gave it a go and quite like the result! I happen to have a brass rod that was the exact size to make this easy. Thoughts?

The Tumournator.

IT'S NAWT A TUMA!
Oh yes, yes. This is the best post of the thread, if not the whole forum. :)

Bonus, Rhino WIP:

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I agree that the lenses look so much better! Good work mate!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Morning all - just found this thread and have to say I'm mighty impressed...and also enjoying the changes the models are going through.

The lense looks better than the original - however I'd say that to have the goggle effect they all need to be pointing out in the same direction - currently they're sitting flush to the hoods rather than protruding through them.

Does that make sense?>

~O

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
They're actually protruding from the hoods because they're still on the plasticard "discs" that I had as goggles earlier in the thread. I'll take a side shot tonight.

Thanks for all the commentary everyone. Motivation. ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Lots of little things done and should be painting soon.

Well, when building my Rhino, decided I wanted my dude coming out of the hatch to be Plaguebearer-esque.

New Terminator, with hood, single goggle and tentacle/worm beard.

And group shot of the Terminators who are getting armed soon as I, well, get some arms.

And now the Rhino all put together, though still needing the PB/bolter dude finished and some more pitting.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Love the tank driver mate! Everything is looking really good!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Most impressed by the work on the ultraforge plaguedemon. Your attention to detail is truly impressive. The terminators you have produced are like nothing I have ever seen before. They have a style all their own. Outstanding

·
Registered
241 Posts
notsoevil,

Wicked conversions and control w/ greenstuff/putty. You got to paint some of those masterpieces man... show us some completed goods!! Will be following this threads for sure.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I finally have the Daemon Prince primered (weather was finally nice enough), so I plan to lay down paint this week if possible. I'm most nervous about it though -- I'm so proud of these conversions, I hope I don't muck up the paint job.

41 - 60 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.