Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Excellent stuff on the thread so far, sir. Will be following with interest. Also [in case you missed it], link to a really nice way to convert plastic bloodletters into plaguebearers!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was already thinking about doing a bloodletter->plaguebearer conversion, but in the interest of saving time/money at the moment, I'll be using Pestigors as Plaguebearers unmodified. Which actually works quite well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update on Daemon Prince

Nothing ground-shaking, but blended the tubes in. All that's left to do with his conversion is to put on his arms, blend in their seams with greenstuff and add a drip to that break in the tube on his back.

Update on Terminators

I really like this guy:

And this guy's tumors are now veiny:

And now the non-helmed fellow has a half-hood:

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looks fantastic! Great conversion work! The greenstuff-fu is with you!+rep

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah, I'm actually quite pleased with the no helmet guy as well. Normally I hate armored soldiers without helms -- looks ridiculous. But works with this guy with the distended face I think. Creep-factor.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So, without completing the things I've posted before (though I'm close on the Daemon Prince), I started assembling my run of the mill Chaos Space Marine units.

Getting tired of assembly line cleaning the bits, I decided to treat myself and build out the Aspiring Champion for my first unit. I have 5 Possessed on sprue but have decided to use their bits to build the champs of each unit.

Also, my first combi-weapon, a combi-melta:

Which went on this Aspiring Champion:

Feel like he has the bulk to be a Champion. Had to use the cloven legs -- just so Nurgly and match the cloven feet on my Terminators.

My OCD is dictating that I have 3 ten man units. 2 Meltas + Combi-Melta Champ, 2 Flamers + Combi-Flamer Champ, 2 Plasma + Combi-Plasma Champ. Most optimal configurations? I have no idea, I haven't played yet. But I don't care, it satisfies my brain. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Daemon Prince is done and read to primer/paint. In fact, for the Heresy Online 2011 painting challenge, he's my first up. No real pics to show as his conversion hasn't changed much, but I'll be WIPing pics soon.

Dreadnought has had more layering and work done to his "tubes":

I'm having a hell of a time creating a right arm DCCW though and I don't feel like buying a $20 Ironclad right arm. Robbery.

Terminators have some tummies! Also, you can see my Elephant-man start -- he'll have dual tubes and a mask half covering those tumors:

Updated pose of my first Aspiring Champion buy redoing his legs to be standing instead of running, and changing him to a more commanding pose with combi-melta up and fist pointing.

Also, head for my second Aspiring Champion:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not a ton to show, but I've decided to use that half-masked head above as my Chaos Lord, once I get around to building him out.

However, here is my second Aspiring Champion, complete with combi-flamer. I think my combi-melta turned out much better and more menacing, but meh .. I still like it:

Also, the tumor faced fellow I showed before now has his hood, plus tubes and "goggles":

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dig Mr. Merrick something fierce. I feel like he should have a Power or Chainfist that's coming apart under the strain of hideous tumors. Given his stance, it would probably look appropo!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Nice idea actually. Need more tumors cracking armor apart -- my left dccw has one coming from the inside, and another terminator has worms cracking apart his armor (not shown yet).

Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Minor update:

Worms coming from the Daemon Prince -- he's now ready to primer:

My first Rhino, with the beginnings of battle damage that will be bursting with tumors and worms (note the peek-a-boo window):

Dreadnought right arm DCCW:

Also, lookee who I have now!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oooo...that Dread CCW arm is coming along nice.

Man, fish, notsoevil and I have been sitting around discussing Obliterator ideas for months now, and somehow neither of us never hit upon that.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looking good! I like the DCCW so far, even though personnally I think it is a little too bulky, just a personal thing though. I love that Greater Plague Daemon from Ultraforge. I have been trying to scoop one up for myself but they have stopped producing it from everything I have been able to gather. That DP is looking good too! I like the worms you added to the front, great touch! Keep up the good work mate!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The DCCW was made way too late one night and I've been hating it.

But once I threw some GS on it, I'm actually changing my opinion. Not sure 100% yet, but I think it's better than buying a $20 bit.

Also, per suggestions on another forum, I shortened the flamer. Now it looks chunky and badass:

21 - 40 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.