Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/seventh-serpent-limited-edition.html

The Seventh Serpent is a brand new Horus Heresy book from Graham McNeill, author of False Gods, Angel Exterminatus and the New York Times bestselling novel A Thousand Sons.

The story of The Seventh Serpent features the sons of Alpharius in battle against the Shattered Legions of the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamanders. Expect intrigue and action in equal measure as the Alpha Legion take to the field in force.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
The limited edition crazy train has really been pushing it as of late, now has it not?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
New Alpha Legion? Good.

More Shattered Legion? Bad.

£30? Bad.

McNeill? Bad (or at least risky).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm worn out from novellas.

Maybe if it was full length it wouldn't have to focus on the Shattered Legions so much :angel:

·
Registered
533 Posts
When it's called a 'novella' just how many pages are we talking? I want this book for the AL, am sick of the RG, S and IH but all in all I'd possibly pay for 200+ pages. Even an eye watering £30.

The shattered legions... these days I wish they'd just been slaughtered to a man at Istvaan so we didn't have to constantly hear about them. The amount of attention they get you'd be forgiven for assuming they're the most important of the first founding legions, when in reality they are probably bottom three.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
We should start a fundraiser and send you $1 to buy and review it.
Firstly, that doesn't make sense - $1 wouldn't be much use to me. Secondly, stop sarcastically pouncing on everything I say recently would ya? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Black library is business after all and wants to milk it for what's it worth but I think these expensive novel is not the way to go. I mean when will we see the end of the Horus heresy already??

There are so many other stories they can tell about the warhammer 40k universe. They can even go back to the dark age or even gasp...go forward to 40k . It's kind of like what's coming out of black library lately is just not that great.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Imagine McNeil wrote a classic of English literature, worthy of study for hundreds of years and amongst many people's favourite books of all time- but since it was a BL limited edition it just sort of disappeared after a while because, despite the universal five star and ten out of ten reviews, nobody could get hold of it?

What then? What a shame that would be

Around 120 pages
Thanks.

Not worth 30 quid :angry:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/seventh-serpent-limited-edition.html

The Seventh Serpent is a brand new Horus Heresy book from Graham McNeill, author of False Gods, Angel Exterminatus and the New York Times bestselling novel A Thousand Sons.

The story of The Seventh Serpent features the sons of Alpharius in battle against the Shattered Legions of the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamanders. Expect intrigue and action in equal measure as the Alpha Legion take to the field in force.
No way in hell i would be buying this novel. It already has three things wrong:

- Graham
- Limited edition
- Shattered legions

·
Registered
364 Posts
This series is now beyond parody.

I am now actively considering selling the LE books I have to pay for the FW books.

It's ironic for me, as at book twenty something we are FINALLY getting to see the DG. But I've had it with these LE releases and other funky mkney-spinning schemes.

Get yer arse tae Terra!

CtS

1 - 20 of 49 Posts