Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just saw Stillios' character :p
Name: Aurio Daverin
He's good enough for approval with one exception; tone downt the height a little. Eight and a half feet is Terminator sized, far too tall for power armour.
Scaithainn, the image doesn't work I am afraid, at least not for me.
Hmmm....I tried updating it, it should work now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I can't believe I missed this but lightning claws are now on the wargear list!

Slots left: 4

·
Registered
948 Posts
Huh?
I thought eight and a half foot was average to a marine I just said it was huge cos every one else was saying that seven foot was tall for an Astartes

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Your average space marine is about seven or seven and a half feet tall (marines are described as about two meters in height) so seven feet is tall, when compared to a normal person who may only be six feet tall.

And here we go, lets see what you think of this character:

Name: Vitus Cornelius Appirga

Appearance:
Tan skin with chemical burns pockmarking Appirga's face, chest, and right arm bleaching those parts slightly.Vitus stands at just over two meters in height, with a slightly slimmer build, high cheekbones, purples eyes, a square jaw with a knot of scar tissue, head shaved bald, and a sharp nose. The flesh of Appirga's entire left shoulder is raw, and constantly in a state of healing from some self inflicted damage performed for some unspoken reason.

Wargear: Mk VII power armour, frag grenades, krak grenades

Weapons: Bolter Executioner, bolt pistol Perdition, chainsword Deliverance

Personality:
Cold and distant, generally not one to be vocal or friendly to just anyone. Those who persist with him, endevour to be his friend or comrade, he respects and is willing to give anything to fight alongside. On the field of battle, Appirga puts aside all dispute, all transgression, but changes to something different off the battlefield, believing that when fighting brothers need to be as one in front of any other so that no matter what they appear to be far stronger then may be the case.

Background:
Vitus Appirga was inducted into the chapter at the age of fourteen, borne to one of the tribes located on the homeworld of the Sin-Eaters (or some death world they recruit from in the case that he cannot be from their homeworld) and after eleven years of training, indoctrination, and implantation was made a scout by the age of twenty five. Two years later, after half a dozen actions as a scout, Appirga was made into a full battle brother of the chapter.

Twenty nine years of service, Appirga took part in the Garvalnth campaign, retaking worlds of the system from traitor guard that saw action during the time of the Heresy. During the height of the campaign, Imperial forces were attacked by members of the Night Lords legion, who nearly broke the back of the imperial war effort if not for the actions of the Sin Eaters. Appirga claimed the life of a traitor champion in this battle, nearly losing his own life in the process but ultimately walking away the victor. On the world of Pli'Tzu, Appirga and members of the Sin Eaters fell upon Eldar forces enacting some ritual or rite; it is here that Appirga claimed the life of the leader of the xeno's, a powerful warlock that had killed two Sin Eaters through the use of some vile magic lightning; their deaths afforded the distraction Appirga needed to impale the warlock with his combat blade. The combat blade forced the lightning to turn back on the warlock, burning the alien from within and melting the blade; for his actions Appirga was gifted with a chainsword to replace his lost blade.

At some point, Appirga was seconded to the deathwatch for a decade, though what he saw or did during that time is classified by order of the inquisition and Appirga, like all who serve the deathwatch, has been bound by an oath to never speak of anything he did. It was during some point in those years that Appirga recieved the chemical burns across portions of his upper body. Upon returning to the Sin Eaters, Appirga took part in defending the outpost world of YV498 against the greenskins. During the final battle into the heart of the ork forces, Appirga slayed a big mek, who, though unknown to Appirga, was the second to the warlord of that ork WAAAGH!!!

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I view joining up most RP's to be making a commitment, there is no reason to not take your commitments seriously.

As far as writing books, if only I could; its much, much easier to come up with a few characters or to come up with an outline for a story and have others fill in large portions of the gaps. Writing a story, even a short one, yeah if I could do that effectively I'd be a very happy person.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ok Scathy, I feel bad about your last RP (it seems first RPs are always cursed :grin: ) so I'll give this a shot, if you'll have me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dominus Hasta (Master of the Spear, in Latin)

Appearance: Dominus stands at a slightly shorter height for an astartes; but this only serves to aid his fighting-style. His hair is brown, and cropped-short. His eyes are distant-green, as though he is always lost in thought. He bears one scar, which runs across his chest from his shoulder to his opposite hip. His armour is a dull black, with the red areas also matte and dull. He wears Mk VII armour. Dominus' body is well-toned, exercised so that he can endure hours of combat.

Wargear: Power Spear Potestas (Power, in Latin). This elogantly crafted weapon has an ornate spear-shaft, forged from the tempered plasteel, finished with an adamantium blade. The blade crackles with blue energy, and the shaft is coloured black, with a red skull motif. Just before the shaft meets the blade, there is a small emblem; the symbol of the Sin-Eaters. He also bears his bolt pistol, Spina (Thorn) and his boltgun, which he has yet to name.

Personality: Dominus is abnormal amongst the Sin-Eaters; he fights with restraint and does not commit to battle until necessary. Then, however, he becomes a raging torrent of hate; even more so at the sight of Chaos Space Marines armed with any kind of sword (see history). He maintains a strong sense of honour, and, even in the midst of battle, he will fight with chivalry. Outside of battle, Dominus remains chivalrous; however, he will not take an insult to his honour kindly. He shows an un-stereotypical interest in fine arts, literature, and music. In his spare moments, he listens to music especially, and has even delved into his own creative side to create some of his own, though un-succesfully.

Brief History: Born on Terra, Dominus quickly showed that he was capable of induction into the armed forces. At a very young age, his father died of an in-curable disease. Hiss mother soon left, and all that was left for him was the Imperial Army. At the tender age of 12, he went to enlist. The recruiting sergeant had laughed, not knowing that the Space Marines had been watching Dominus. He was soon taken for elevation to Sin-Eater Space Marine. His training passed un-eventfully; he was no more and no less than another Marine.

In his first combat, his superiors noted his apparent lack of bloodlust. Dominus had fought with accuracy and precision, taking down his foes with carefully applied force, making him a very efficent killer. This control over his fighting-style was duly noted, and soon, after a few minor conflicts, Dominus was placed in the spearhead against a Chaos Warband. During the battle, which had taken place on the Chaos ship, Dominus' squad had not only cleared their allotted area an hour before expected, but advanced to aid the terminator strike force with taking the command-bridge. This un-precedented efficiency at which the squad had advanced was astonshing, and when the sergeant was lauded, he simply stood back and pointed at Dominus. The squad assaulted the command-bridge, where Dominus truly made his mark.

The fighting on the bidge was bloody, and scores fell on both sides. The terminator assault waned, and soon almost the whole of Dominus' squad was unable to fight. The enemy commander was ordering the enemy from behind, waving his hammer like some sort of pompous burecrat. Dominus saw the real person who inspired the enemy was a Chaos Space Marine armed with a curved power-blade, a champion, killing terminators as though they were flies. Dominus saw, that, with the defeat of the champion, morale would rise. The enemy would be defeated. Picking up a discarded chainsword, Dominus threw the blade like a spear; it spiralled towards the champion, and hit home; penetrating the warrior's left arm and severing it completely. Dominus, elated that he had wounded his enemy, closed in for the kill. The astartes fought with re-newed vigour, seeing a new-blooded iniate take down a seasoned champion. Dominus' total victory, however, was not to be. As he raised his combat knife for the death-stroke, the enemy whipped up his power-blade, slicing a horrific gash from Dominus' shoulder to his hip. Dominus had fallen, the rest of the battle black; when he returned to consciousness, on the medicae deck, he was told that the sight of Dominus, martyr-like, falling before a coward had inspired the terminators forward, claiming Dominus before he could be killed. The apothecaries had fixed him completely; the wound had not been deep.

Dominus knows that the champion survived; his body was not found, and one emergency-pod was launched before the end of the battle, which the astartes fleet had allowed to escape; they had enough on their hands fighting Chaos ships. Dominus knows, in his core, that the champion escaped, and lives today. He still hunts him, knowing he will one day face him again. Since this battle, he has been in a few major conflicts, notably against the Orks, where he earned his veterancy. He now fights with the veteran squad, and is ready to wreak bloody justice on the enemies of the Imperium.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it's ok... the power spear was really because how he threw the chainsword in the space battle, and his name also goes with it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
And here we go, lets see what you think of this character:
He's a-ok for approval; I have to be honest, I'm flattered that you're taking an interest in my humble RP. I'm interpreting it, however, that your character is younger than the others and has the standard wargear, so I might build off of that when the action thread rolls along.

As far as writing books, if only I could; its much, much easier to come up with a few characters or to come up with an outline for a story and have others fill in large portions of the gaps. Writing a story, even a short one, yeah if I could do that effectively I'd be a very happy person.
Tell me about it....I'm working on getting my Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and let me tell you, a writing degree is much harder than it sounds....last simester my final was a 40,000 word novella :suicide:

Ok Scathy, I feel bad about your last RP (it seems first RPs are always cursed :grin: ) so I'll give this a shot, if you'll have me.

Hope it's ok... the power spear was really because how he threw the chainsword in the space battle, and his name also goes with it.
A-ok for this one, Farseer. Just keep in mind, nobody escapes the bloodlust....hehehehehe....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slots Left: 2

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
He's a-ok for approval; I have to be honest, I'm flattered that you're taking an interest in my humble RP. I'm interpreting it, however, that your character is younger than the others and has the standard wargear, so I might build off of that when the action thread rolls along.
Yes, I did choose to work with the standard wargear because in order for some of these badass characters to show off just how badass they are, you'll likely be needing someone along the lines of 'normal'.

Besides, a bolter, bolt pistol, and chainsword are more than enough for most circumstances anyway.

As for being young, no not really; he has served the chapter for over eight years, ten of those with the deathwatch, he's as much a veteran as any other.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sorry about the late update, I haven't had internet for the last three days.

emporershand89, your character is good enough.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Side fact: I just noticed your pistols name Reever, Dante shall not be happy =P

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Yes, because clearly only his perdition pistol is allowed to have the word perdition in it. Not like anything else can't bear that name or anything.:p

·
Registered
948 Posts
Maybe your pistol-being a bolt pistol-is the little brother of Dante's-being a melta pistol! :p

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I must admit that I am anticipating the Sixth (Which is Tuesday I believe), Cassius Scipio Augustus is gonna be a name of ledgend I tell you :grin:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Although I appreciate the anticipation, it might be a bit more than the sixth, as I just realized the 6th is my birthday :shok:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
There's still a slot open for one Space Marine and, if an experienced RPer is interested, a Blood of Ruin commander role!

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
If ill have time ill maybe join and about the blood of ruin i already told you that if nobody wants ill take it :p Cheers and happy birthday

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm in as the last Sin Eater!

Name

Clodius Terentius Vulso

170 SIY (Standard Imperial Years)

Appearance

Clodius stands at the average seven feet in height, a bit on the slim side yet corded with hard muscle born of years on the battlefield. Across his chest and thighs are exerpts from The Book of Sanguinius. Although he has forsook adorning his entire body with the blood of his foes he does use the vital fluids from the most worthy of foes to paint horrific effigies across his scalp and face. His facial features are gaunt, patrician with catechisms of hate tattooed across both cheeks. In his "Corvus" pattern armor he looks even more fearsome coated in the carmine fluid of the most worthy of kills. Etched into the coat of fluid about his armor are sermons of the chapters most venerable High Chaplains of the Sin Eaters that have served over the years. Also clipped about his armor are various Sin Eaters chapter symbols and icons. On his left shoulder pad and effigy depicts Clodius standing victorious against the forces of chaos back by the stark yellow phospor skies of Phobor IV.

Wargear

- Mark 6 "Corvus" Pattern Power Armor -

This armor has been modified with a vox grille that is twisted into more of a snarl to intimidate his foes. Also the right shoulder pads studs have been replaced with black spikes to give him a more fearsome appearence. The lower jaw bone of his predecessor has been chained to his left kneecap as a sign of reverence to his mentor.

- Combi-Plasma Gun -

A standard Astartes MK V Godwyn pattern with underslung plasma gun. Dubbed "Emperors Justice" by Clodius because its first victim was a Dark Tusks traitor on Clodius' first undertaking.

- MK III 'Sunfury' Plasma Pistol -

This sidearm is a steeple in battle for Clodius, when swinging his power fist "Superbus" one could always count on the following report of his trusted plasma pistol.

- Power Fist "Superbus" -

One of the chapters sacred relics, before battle it is coated in the blood of chapter enemies. Once the energy field is activated the stench of burning blood can be smelled all around him.

- 4 Krak Grenades -

Personality

A fanatic, a zealous servant of the Emperor, a calculating and deadly astartes... All these have been used to describe Clodius. He has yet to taste the black rage or the red thirst, but hopes for these "blessings" to be bestowed upon him. Clodius is a dour induvidual, always planning his next actions. In battle he is a methodical killing machine, always toneless when he recites the "Cantor of Battle" or an exerpt from the "Book of Sanguinius." His fury in battle against the traitor astartes is matched only by the chapters venerable dreadnoughts.

Background

Clodius hails from Asmodeus, having been groomed from the womb to live the life of a warrior. As a child he was schooled in the art of the hunt, swordsmanship and the various skills a noble son of Asmodeus should posess. Once he reached the age of twelve he was chosen by the Sin Eaters due to the sheer skill and power of will the boy possesed during the "Rite of Choosing" excelling over every other male that had gathered for the rite. Indoctrination, Transformation and Post Humanity followed as the creation of an Astartes came upon him.

Many years and undertakings followed, most notably the planet of Phobor IV where Clodius took the head of a Nurglite Champion. To this day he is known as a vicious astartes, especially cold and calculating. He is considered the companies best unarmed fighter, besting even his mentor during a hand to hand sparring session. Clodius has refused many elevations in rank, reasoning that he could best serve The Emperor as a battle brother in the thick of the fighting.

He had almost lost the fire for battle, becoming lax in his warriors mind. That is until the most vile of Traitoris Astartes decided to come knocking on Asmodeus' door. The fire burnt inside his heart once more, renewing his vows to the emperor and undergoing the "Rites of Cleansing" by the High Chaplian Mikhail Jhonikov ever since he has petitioned to be in the High Chaplains retinue for every undertaking.​

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, excellent, the final member! You're in completely with one small exception: Regarding your armour, there wouldn't be any sermons by Mikhail etched in because he's only been Chaplain for a year.

komanko: Like I said in the PM, it just doesn't seem that you have enough RP experience for that role, and it was really only optional anyway. No hard feelings.

As for the role itself, if nobody claims it within 24 hours the RP will start normally. I will begin writing the introduction post immediately.

Start your engines!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've switched it from Mikhail to Various Sin Eaters chaplains...

Dont you think Mikhail would have given a sermon in a years time? After all he is the High Chaplain. Just a thought though.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.