Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I'm sorry, but why would a Vindicator envy someone who fights in CC?
Vindicare Anfo, a vindicator is a space marine vehicle used as a line/siege breaker. Vindicare's are assassin's who specialize in long range weapons; two completely different things.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Your average space marine is about seven or seven and a half feet tall (marines are described as about two meters in height) so seven feet is tall, when compared to a normal person who may only be six feet tall.

And here we go, lets see what you think of this character:

Name: Vitus Cornelius Appirga

Appearance:
Tan skin with chemical burns pockmarking Appirga's face, chest, and right arm bleaching those parts slightly.Vitus stands at just over two meters in height, with a slightly slimmer build, high cheekbones, purples eyes, a square jaw with a knot of scar tissue, head shaved bald, and a sharp nose. The flesh of Appirga's entire left shoulder is raw, and constantly in a state of healing from some self inflicted damage performed for some unspoken reason.

Wargear: Mk VII power armour, frag grenades, krak grenades

Weapons: Bolter Executioner, bolt pistol Perdition, chainsword Deliverance

Personality:
Cold and distant, generally not one to be vocal or friendly to just anyone. Those who persist with him, endevour to be his friend or comrade, he respects and is willing to give anything to fight alongside. On the field of battle, Appirga puts aside all dispute, all transgression, but changes to something different off the battlefield, believing that when fighting brothers need to be as one in front of any other so that no matter what they appear to be far stronger then may be the case.

Background:
Vitus Appirga was inducted into the chapter at the age of fourteen, borne to one of the tribes located on the homeworld of the Sin-Eaters (or some death world they recruit from in the case that he cannot be from their homeworld) and after eleven years of training, indoctrination, and implantation was made a scout by the age of twenty five. Two years later, after half a dozen actions as a scout, Appirga was made into a full battle brother of the chapter.

Twenty nine years of service, Appirga took part in the Garvalnth campaign, retaking worlds of the system from traitor guard that saw action during the time of the Heresy. During the height of the campaign, Imperial forces were attacked by members of the Night Lords legion, who nearly broke the back of the imperial war effort if not for the actions of the Sin Eaters. Appirga claimed the life of a traitor champion in this battle, nearly losing his own life in the process but ultimately walking away the victor. On the world of Pli'Tzu, Appirga and members of the Sin Eaters fell upon Eldar forces enacting some ritual or rite; it is here that Appirga claimed the life of the leader of the xeno's, a powerful warlock that had killed two Sin Eaters through the use of some vile magic lightning; their deaths afforded the distraction Appirga needed to impale the warlock with his combat blade. The combat blade forced the lightning to turn back on the warlock, burning the alien from within and melting the blade; for his actions Appirga was gifted with a chainsword to replace his lost blade.

At some point, Appirga was seconded to the deathwatch for a decade, though what he saw or did during that time is classified by order of the inquisition and Appirga, like all who serve the deathwatch, has been bound by an oath to never speak of anything he did. It was during some point in those years that Appirga recieved the chemical burns across portions of his upper body. Upon returning to the Sin Eaters, Appirga took part in defending the outpost world of YV498 against the greenskins. During the final battle into the heart of the ork forces, Appirga slayed a big mek, who, though unknown to Appirga, was the second to the warlord of that ork WAAAGH!!!

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I view joining up most RP's to be making a commitment, there is no reason to not take your commitments seriously.

As far as writing books, if only I could; its much, much easier to come up with a few characters or to come up with an outline for a story and have others fill in large portions of the gaps. Writing a story, even a short one, yeah if I could do that effectively I'd be a very happy person.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
He's a-ok for approval; I have to be honest, I'm flattered that you're taking an interest in my humble RP. I'm interpreting it, however, that your character is younger than the others and has the standard wargear, so I might build off of that when the action thread rolls along.
Yes, I did choose to work with the standard wargear because in order for some of these badass characters to show off just how badass they are, you'll likely be needing someone along the lines of 'normal'.

Besides, a bolter, bolt pistol, and chainsword are more than enough for most circumstances anyway.

As for being young, no not really; he has served the chapter for over eight years, ten of those with the deathwatch, he's as much a veteran as any other.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Yes, because clearly only his perdition pistol is allowed to have the word perdition in it. Not like anything else can't bear that name or anything.:p

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Well I don't think he's away, or else someone else has access to his account since he was online at some point today.

Will be sure to PM him in a bit, perhaps some error occurred and his did update but it never went through, or maybe Scathainn is waiting for someone or something of that nature.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Might I suggest just dropping him into the background? We don't have to interact with him, you can keep him around without having to play as yet another character, and when Darvaleth returns he can pick the character up and pretend he's been around for everything like nothing happened.

Its what I do with the faceless NPC's of the players squad or group, and for the characters of players who are not able to be around.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Hopefully we will be seeing an update fairly soon; not like there is to much we can do other than wait. Can't exactly make updates of our own or anything, at least not without taking over and potentially/probably ruining what the GM has planned.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
As a note, emporershand is not banned; Jez chose to lift the ban for various reasons that are to remain undisclosed. What should be known though, is that any decision made because of such things should be rethought. In essence he has only been temporarily banned once and thats it.

There is no official second ban to include in any consideration, so do not dwell on it.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
And in the end that is fine; this is your show to run and as long as your decisions are not based entirely on something that may or may not be true (as you do not have access to all the facts or just what may or may not have happened) then there should be little if any problem.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I'm still here Scathainn, been waiting for an update from you myself. Hopefully others have not left without saying a word, nothing more disrespectful than that, well there are a few things but you get the point.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Yeah sorry about not posting Scathainn, I've got four massive projects that are kicking my ass at this time. I'm gonna try and get a post in before this weekend draws to a close, but with me do not be surprised if my time between posts is rather big.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.