Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's up on the BL site, the eBook version at least (which is more expensive than the paper one).

Is it worth it? I've not read any of the books in it. And I recently finished the The Night Lords omnibus. So my bar is set pretty high at the moment.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The first 2 books was pretty enjoyable, the third one not so. Due to the author forgetting how a certain 'ornament' is supposed to work, that so much is tied on in the plot.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I enjoyed the book very much. My first journey into the grey knights.
Same here. Counter does great work with demons. Very inventive. I really like the Inquisitor in the first book. And, of course, the Grey Knights are awesome. The ways they resist, and all that, it's explained nicely.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The first 2 books was pretty enjoyable, the third one not so. Due to the author forgetting how a certain 'ornament' is supposed to work, that so much is tied on in the plot.
How do you mean here? :)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
How do you mean here? :)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Seems like Chaos contradicting itself! But yeah I can see the problem there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The first novel was the best, as it had a coherent storyline, a very clear sense of how it wanted to portray the Grey Knights, and had a very satisfying twist in the end.

The second was so-so and rather disjointed.

The third is going to be divisive, as it's something of an attempt to deconstruct the heroic image of the Grey Knights. I do feel it's very creative though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts