Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT
HQ
Librarian with Mastery Level 3, Domina Liber Daemonica and Warding Stave
Warlord, Command Traits Table

ELITES
10 Paladins with 4 Master-Crafted Psycannons, 7 Nemesis Falchions, 2 Daemonhammers, Apothecary and Brotherhood Banner

TROOPS
5 Grey Knights with Incinerator in Rhino
5 Grey Knights with Incinerator in Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT
Nemesis Dreadknight with Heavy Psycannon and Personal Teleporter
Nemesis Dreadknight with Heavy Psycannon and Personal Teleporter

LORDS OF WAR
Kaldor Draigo

INQUISITORIAL DETACHMENT
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour with Liber Heresius, Psyker Mastery 1 (Divination) and Psycannon

Is it good? Hell no, it basically throws every game of Maelstrom as soon as you roll for mission. Would it be fun? Hell yes. Scouting 1250pts of Paladins and supporting Characters into the enemy sounds AWESOME. Another version of the list had a Nemesis Strike Force instead of a Combined Arms Detachment, exchanging the Strike Squads for a Terminator Squad with Psycannon and an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with Rad/Psychotroke/Divination, which would make the Paladinstar even more hilarious overkill but you lose the re-roll on the Command Trait to give your Paladins some wacky effect like re-roll 1s to hit in melee or charge an extra 1". You could conceivably pick the Inquisitor as Warlord to try and shoot from one of the effects from the Inquisiton trait tables (Ordo Xenos is best), or you could gamble on Strategic just to try and luck out on Master of Ambush and make your opponent cry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love it!

I agree with you this look hilarious!

If you get sanctuary on the libby, you could put Kaldor up front and tank with a 2+ invulnerable save and really be a pain in your opponent's behind... and 20 prescienced psycannon shots just sounds fun! It will probably destroy a unit a turn, and then ofcourse be limited by only having 5 - 7 turns to do damage.

If you get a chance to use this, be sure to report back to us on how it pans out.

- D

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get sanctuary on the libby, you could put Kaldor up front and tank with a 2+ invulnerable save and really be a pain in your opponent's behind... and 20 prescienced psycannon shots just sounds fun! It will probably destroy a unit a turn, and then ofcourse be limited by only having 5 - 7 turns to do damage.
Sanctuary's the fist-pump power from Sanctic, certainly - in an absolutely ideal world, I'd roll up Sanctuary from the Domina Liber Daemonica, then go to Divination and get Forewarning for a unit of Paladins with Storm Shields and Draigo tanking at the front with a 2++. The look on my opponent's face...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts