Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was reading the Daemons codex and there was a little box about the labyrinth of Tzeentch and they said that the only people to ever make it through were a girl and her dog. Me and my friend were wondering if this is referencing anything or is just a piece of weird GW fluff.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It might just be me, but I think it might very well be a reference to the Wizard of Oz. I haven't actually watched that movie in forever, but it was weird enough that I could see 40k breaking the fourth wall on it with Tzneetch and all.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah Wizard of Oz occured to me as I nwas reading it, it would go along with the irony. But for all we know, it may just be some of GW's retard fluff :p

·
Registered
460 Posts
So i was reading the Daemons codex and there was a little box about the labyrinth of Tzeentch and they said that the only people to ever make it through were a girl and her dog. Me and my friend were wondering if this is referencing anything or is just a piece of weird GW fluff.
Wait, how did a (presumably) human girl and her dog even get to Tzeentch's labyrinth. Isn't it in the warp?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Wait, how did a (presumably) human girl and her dog even get to Tzeentch's labyrinth. Isn't it in the warp?
That's where GW takes a sledgehammer to said wall- the tornado might have been some sort of bite sized warpstorm or something. I dunno, it's all very goofy :laugh:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
It was actually just a little girl names Alice. She called it wonderland. She was guided into the rabbit hole(warp rift) by the white rabbit( lord of change) where she met the hatter(tzeentch). From there it was just a game orchestrated by tzeentch. No one had ever made it through, that had to change.

Would have been much better if it were true. Lol

·
Registered
843 Posts
It is entirely possible for two simple reasons, it's the Warp, the crazy realm of Chaos where pretty much anything and everything could possibly happen. Secondly, this is Tzeentch we're talking about, the God with schemes that are so utterly beyond us that we can't even hope to understand it. Who knows why or how she ended up there? Who knows if it even really happened or if was just another of Tzeentch's complex plots that we can't even hope to begin to fathom?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't think that they made it to the center of the maze. If you think about it, Tzeentch is the wizard and NOBODY SEES TEH WIZARD!!!

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
It should be noted that the wording is: "Clad in the guise of a young girl with a little black dog." So that doesn't necessary mean it actually was a young mortal girl. It may well have been a daemon.

It may be a reference to Oz, it may just be a random bit of lore GW threw in for the Craic. Or it may be Tzeentch tricking his own guardian for the sake of change, who knows.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Understanding Tzneetch fluff is like trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop- the world may never know. Just a coincidence that it was Mr.Owl? I think not.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well the first thing that popped into my twisted mind was a gender change in reference to A Boy and His Dog (fallout anyone), but Wizard of Oz makes a lot more sense lol....

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
why take it serousy? GM has a sense of humer like any one else. it likely just a back handed joke.
ha ha, we are all amused.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't think that they made it to the center of the maze. If you think about it, Tzeentch is the wizard and NOBODY SEES TEH WIZARD!!!
either that or someone at GW has been smoking something entirely illegle and had some wierd hallucination about having dorothy and toto really being the greatest joke in Tzeentch's arsenal of wierd and wonderful and downright insane.....:eek:k:

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
It was Corax and Leman Russ.

Simple, all Corax has to do is put on a girly voice and a wig and Russ just had to get on all fours and bark once in a while. The Guardian of the Maze has no eyes, so the deception was simple. :laugh:

·
Registered
157 Posts
It might be a pre reference to the changeling that is mention a bit later in the codex. I can definately see the changeling pulling a trick like that and since he is a tzeentch daemon anyway, he would probably have known the riddles answers easily.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts