Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some Force Unleashed 2 action for you all, two lightsabres will make the game twice as good. And ten times more enemies to kill :grin:.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
=/

The video was awesome, but the first game...sucked. A lot. The gameplay was fun to mess around with at first, and the cut scenes looked wonderful, but in the end I regret buying it in the first place, and the only reason why I haven't traded it in is because it's absolutely worthless.

If the game is as gnarly as that tidbit of a video, I will be happy, but I am wary. Very wary. Though knowing my soft spot for Star Wars, I'll probably end up getting it down the road anyway.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Apologies for double posting, but I just played through the demo on Xbox Live. I'd place the length at around 10 minutes of gameplay if you take the time to look around.

I have to say, the graphics in Force Unleashed II are amazing. Character models are stellar and the environments are pretty sexy. The gameplay remains exactly the same, though. Give or take a few new features like the dual lightsabers and a few new Force tricks. If you enjoyed how the first game flowed, you'll have no trouble getting through the action.

I don't expect the plot to do nothing more but urinate on the established Expanded Universe canon just like the first game, though I do recommend people try it out.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Why didn't Vadar just saber him when he had him chained up? Why did he order his down syndrome henchmen to do it? Was it time for his tea break? Did he have to use the little cyborg's room?

I can deal with lots of things in a game; boring gameplay, cliche plot/dialog, poor graphics, as long as the game has one other redeeming feature I'll play it, but the one thing I cannot forgive is having an impractical bad guy with muffins for brains.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
This game is just going to be one protracted nerdgasm for me. I loves it.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah but then again this will be canon, whereas the Expanded Universe isn't canon (cheers George for pissing off so many Star Wars fans, it's quite amusing).
The Expanded Universe is canon. Things like the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Dark Nest Crisis and the 2nd Galactic Civil War did happen, Lucas has admitted they are completely canon.

Whats the expanded Universe? is that whats in the books?
Yeah, and some other stuff like comic books.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah, the 'Expanded Universe' is basically the term used for all the stuff outside of the films. Such as the novels, comic books, video games and all that stuff. It is all generally considered canon unless otherwise stated or retconned.

Now I feel like playing Dark Forces II. I can never get tired of that game.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
played it in the office earlier and this is complete and utter pants,
I hope lucasarts bin the third one and start making good star wars games again

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I have played the first one, and it was awesome, and I have played the demo for this one, and it is even more awesome! As a (very) hardcore Star Wars fan, the collectors edition will be a "must buy" for me!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well ive got the game, its... deceptively short. Looking at its levels it makes you think its long, then you realize that each planet counts for about 3 of the levels. So in reality there are only four planets/environments in this game, but each one is very long so...

I'd say this merits a 6/10, maybe a 7/10 if im generous. Its gameplay is much more fluid and sabre combat is much more brutal, but I can't help but note how short it is and how quickly the story moves along.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Truthfully while its shorter than the first Force Unleashed, it actually has the same amount of levels, but since they are on the same worlds it feels like its a lot shorter because of the lack of multiple environments, I do think that was somewhat lazy, especially the Dagobah section.

Kashyyyk - Kamino
Nar Shaddaa - Cato Nemoidia Pt 1
Raxus Prime - Cato Nemoidia Pt 2
Felucia - Cato Nemoidia Pt 3
The Empirical - Dagobah
Cloud City - The Salvation Pt 1
Return to Felucia - The Salvation Pt 2
Return to Raxus Prime - Return to Kamino
Death Star - Return to Kamino Pt 2

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
This game has some epic looking cinematics and graphics but that's all it has going for it, really. I'm glad to see dismemberment, though. That's one thing I loved about the Jedi Knight series, though Outcast/Acadamy required a console command to activate it.

*Wishes he could of had Battlefront 3 instead of The Force Unleashed.*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts