Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all been there. You're reading your new BL book, freshly minted codex, or just browsing through lexicanum...

and you read something that totally doesn't jive with your understanding of 40k.

Maybe it's something small, like the description of a battle that just doesn't mesh with the way you think a faction fought. Or maybe it's an entire book series, while being cannon, is just written in such a way that you discount it entirely. "There is no way the Ultramarines would do THAT..."

So, what are your Fluff Nightmares? What stands out to you as something that goes against your 40k? Why?

I'll start with the rather infamous Blood Raven book line, with a specific instance being the "Make a Marine in a few days" story line. At least for me, there is no way you can just slap all the organs in and call it a day.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The whole Draco trilogy......somewhere between dreadnaught encased assassins, titan highjacking, reincarnating dead assassins into new bodies and stasis freezers this set of books just leaves me with a perpetual feeling of wtf.
I'll second the Inquisition War trilogy...

and raise you Soul Drinkers. I find the whole premise rather absurd.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
You know, I'm starting to look at the Horus Heresy books as akin to the Star Wars Prequels.

Sure, they might be cannon, but that doesn't mean they haven't destroyed a good part of the mythos for me.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I hope so.
If BL isn't canon you better chuck a whole shitload of fluff into the toilet, including most of what we know...in fact almost all of what we know about anything pre-heresy.
I'm ok with that.

Actually, I'm going with that as my official position: All Horus Heresy books are non-cannon. Bam. Done. Now my world is that much better. No more wangsty space marines, no more retcons, no more butchering the mystic of the Emperor or Horus.

I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts