Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help a friend of mine, who I have finally convinced to come to the side of Chaos, design an army. And if he hates it maybe I'll scoupe it up :wink:. This is something I came up with. Plenty of shooting and good CC ability due to Init 5. Possibly even capable of a turn 1 assualt with the termies! (Deploy 12" in, drive 12", disembark 2", Lash 2D6", assualt 6" for a total of 34" - 44" range)

As for the Flawless Host part who wants to admit they got beat up by a bunch of guys in pink and purple? :blush:

Chaos Sorcerer 140 Points
- Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Terminator Armour

Terminators (4) 175 Points
- Pairs of Lightning Claws (4), Icon of Slaanesh

Land Raider 240 Points
- Daemonic Possession

Noise Marines (10) 330 Points
- Noise Champion w/ Power Fist, Doom Siren
- Sonic Blasters (7), Icon
- Rhino

- Rhino

- Rhino

Chaos Havocs 155 Points
- Autocannon (4)

Obliterators (2) 150 Points

2000/2000

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
I run a very similar list, first thing I would recommend is getting a lash prince over the sorcerer, that way you can continue lashing while your termis are in cc plus you don't have as high a risk of it dying in cc. Next, I would get a heavy flamer in your termi squad, they are just too good to pass up for their point cost. The daemonic possession isn't really necessary on the LR since its armour is high enough to get the termis to their destination fast and safe. Other than that, the list is pretty solid.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daemon Prince 155 Points
- Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission

Terminators (4) 170 Points
- Pairs of Lightning Claws (3), Heavy Flamer, Icon of Slaanesh

Land Raider 220 Points

- Rhino

- Rhino

- Rhino

Chaos Havocs 165 Points
- Autocannon (4), Icon of Chaos Glory

2000/2000

That does look better. If he brutally destroys me it's gonna be all your fault Deux! And partially mine... But mostly yours! Yeah, that's how I see it :p

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
I run LC MoS Termis too, but a squad of 5, and turn 1 assault is brutal with them. I ate a squad of wraithguard on turn one with them and started the turn like 30" away, he didn't see that coming. :p Also, you have to be smart with lashing, as it can be tricky depending on what you fight. With this list, I'd say get a squad of noise marines in front to back up those termis and drop some oblits up there too to get them preoccupied with these threats while your the rest just shoots stuff down from a safe distance. If you get an objective based game, noise marines will be great.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id drop the havocs for a vindi, demonic possession up to you.

but i love vindicators

other than that no real issue, hope that you do well

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think it's super neato.

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
id drop the havocs for a vindi, demonic possession up to you.
Daemonic possession is really a must on a vindi. The sole purpose of a vindi is to shoot, and daemonic possession ensures that it can always do this. Without it, your opponent can just glance you every turn and make you waste your vindi without ever really having to deal with it. Daemonic possession says, blow me up or die horribly and makes the opponent spend more firepower on it. Plus it's able to fulfill its job every turn until it dies.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
its fine Deux, until 1st turn something pens & rolls a 3:ireful2:

then you wasted 20 points

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, after taking your guys advice what do you think of this:

Daemon Prince 155 Points

Chaos Lord 150 Points
- Terminator Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Blissgiver

Terminators (4) 170 Points
- Pairs of Lightning Claws (3), Heavy Flamer, Icon of Slaanesh

Land Raider 220 Points

Noise Marines (7) 300 Points
- Sonic Blasters (5), Blastmaster, Icon
- Rhino

- Rhino

Noise Marines (7) 260 Points
- Sonic Blasters (5), Icon
- Rhino

Vindicator 145 Points
- Daemonic Possession

2000/2000

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you can stuff it in there, i would recommend a Powerfist/Chainfist on the HF Termie.
As it is, a rogue walker could wipe that entire squad without giving them a chance to fight back. Maybe make him a Champ for the +1 A to guarantee you hit.
It also gives them an option if they find themselves somehow right next to a vehicle you need dead.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
If you can stuff it in there, i would recommend a Powerfist/Chainfist on the HF Termie.
As it is, a rogue walker could wipe that entire squad without giving them a chance to fight back. Maybe make him a Champ for the +1 A to guarantee you hit.
It also gives them an option if they find themselves somehow right next to a vehicle you need dead.
I was about to suggest the same thing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It looks good. Glad to see there is another player that went with the Flawless Host paint scheme.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good point on the walkers.

Yeah, I really like the looks of the Flawless Host. So does my bud who this list is actually for. But if he tries it this weekend and doesn't like it I will prolly use it. :wink:

Daemon Prince 155 Points

Chaos Lord 155 Points
- Terminator Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Blissgiver, Personal Icon

Terminators (4) 205 Points
- Pairs of Lightning Claws (3), Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Champions (2), Icon of Slaanesh

Land Raider 220 Points

- Rhino

- Rhino

- Rhino

Vindicator 145 Points
- Daemonic Possession

2000/2000

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
I'd recommend not using a champ in a squad with a blastmaster. The squad tends to get wasted points when you're either in melee using the champ and unable to use the blastmaster or you're at range using the blastmaster not using the champ.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you're going to put Daemonic Possession on a Vindicator, why not take a Defiler instead?

For only 5 more points, you get all sorts of extra goodies, not the least of which is a much longer range gun. The Str and AP are a little worse, but they're still high enough that unless you're shooting either a Land Raider or Terminators, the dice rolls and saves really shouldn't be terribly different. Suddenly guys with rending aren't as big problem, as it would be against front armor instead of back, and you would get to swing back--and if they're stupid enough to try and power fist it, you'll swing first probably squish them. Set it up on a hill and it'll swing before the vast majority of Monstrous Creatures that would try to rip it apart as well. 1 less front armor, but 1 more side armor, so kind of a wash there. PLUS you can still shoot it any direction you want if it gets immobilized, and if/when they take out your Battlecannon with a Weapon Destroyed result you still have a walker with 2-4 DCCWs that you can smash things with.

And most importantly... it looks a lot more badass.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, so a lil more fine detailing done. 4 troop choices now. That's pretty good for objective based missions. I'm just worried the squads may be a bit small but we shall see. I guess I field my World Eaters in squads of 8 and they don't shoot!

It will definitly be a true trial by fire for him and this list as it's going up against my Khorne Daemons.

Thanks once again guys! :grin:

Daemon Prince 155 Points

Chaos Lord 155 Points
- Terminator Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Blissgiver, Personal Icon

Terminators (4) 205 Points
- Pairs of Lightning Claws (3), Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Champions (2), Icon of Slaanesh

Land Raider 220 Points

Noise Marines (6) 240 Points
- Rhino

- Rhino

- Rhino

- Rhino

1995/2000

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just figured I'd let you guys know my buddy really liked this army! :eek:k: We have a new Chaos player in my circle of friends. Finally!

Thanks for all your input Heretics!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts