Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

"...In their search for answers the Word Bearers reach the edge of the galaxy, the edge of reality. And instead of the infinite reaches of space going on forever, they find the remains of an empire, destroyed when a god was born."

Sounds to me like they will venture into the Eye of Terror and stumble across the Crone Worlds.

:shok:

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Sounds to me like they will venture into the Eye of Terror and stumble across the Crone Worlds.:shok:
That last bit would really seem to point towards that. :wink:

I`ve been anticipating this one for a long time. Sounds pretty epic. Cannot wait! :grin:

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Crone worlds? what are they?
Essentially they are the Daemon Worlds in the Eye of Terror that made up the central hub of the Eldar Empire prior to the Fall. They are essential to the survival of the Eldar race as they are the only source of Spirit Stones. There is also still said to be Eldar living on these Daemon Worlds who have been trapped there since the Fall, as well as great treasures and relics from the Eldar Empire.

So basically I am assuming that the Chaos Gods reveal themselves to Lorgar and his Legion in the Eye of Terror where there can be little doubt to as to their status as 'gods' (further validated by the ruins of the Eldar Empire) thus proving the Imperial Truth a lie, and thus turning the Word Bearers into the fold of Chaos. Sounds epic! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
'The truth is a lie'.... Bloody epic tagline. And yeah it sounds like they'll reach the Crone Worlds, perhaps the Eldar will play a part in the novel, maybe try to stop Lorgar and the Word Bearers. Can't wait for it, if they released it right now it'd still be too much time.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The Horus Heresy just got alot more epic; or maybe that is due to AD-B's choice of language whilst a rather suitable melody is in the background?

Either way, I am... so exited, rather churlishly, that I may well venture to my local Games Workshop and pre-order said book, a feat even A Thousand Sons and Nemesis have failed to create. Really, I'm a sucker for nostaliga and Xenos-esque intruige/history (Fulgrim, Legion and False Gods prime examples) and the way the author states how the novel pierces a time even beyond that of Horus Rising; to the zenith of the Great Crusade, alongside yet more delictables upon the Eldar and the sheer awesomeness that is the Ruinous Powers revealed in all their glory to the Word Bearers is... stunning. :grin:

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
The Horus Heresy just got alot more epic; or maybe that is due to AD-B's choice of language whilst a rather suitable melody is in the background?

Either way, I am... so exited, rather churlishly, that I may well venture to my local Games Workshop and pre-order said book, a feat even A Thousand Sons and Nemesis have failed to create. Really, I'm a sucker for nostaliga and Xenos-esque intruige/history (Fulgrim, Legion and False Gods prime examples) and the way the author states how the novel pierces a time even beyond that of Horus Rising; to the zenith of the Great Crusade, alongside yet more delictables upon the Eldar and the sheer awesomeness that is the Ruinous Powers revealed in all their glory to the Word Bearers is... stunning. :grin:
Lol. I know what you mean. ADB sounds like hes about to kick someones ass. Like Mr. T. "Read my book foo!"

Damn that fricken little trailer made me want to see it 3 times. So interesting!

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was reading one of the early reviews (link) that ADB posted up on his blog just now and came across this:

It’s also interesting to see a particular planet of no great significance in the 31st millennium that will assume a far greater role ten thousand years hence. A real fanboy moment there!
My guess is that Cadia will feature in The First Heretic aswell. :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Trailer was so cool. Wow, can't wait for this book. More details and some more answers into the mysteries. Also if that does imply details into the Crone worlds, then we're in for a real treat. I love how light is being shed on some of the mysteries of 40k. Can't get enough fluff that's for sure.

I've finished the HH series, so this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Can't wait.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
mmmmm got to be Cadia really, gonna be another Istvaan/Nikea/Davin moment where the planets mentioned and you kind of go "ooooooooooooooooo i know whats gonna happen here!!"

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Soooooooo...if they're heading to the Eye of Terror, will they be dropping in on Caliban and seeing if Luther's home?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts