Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
CP is such a let down. I am not so much hurt as i am dissipointed.
really though, good find.
D

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Damm that arrogant sod Guilliman and his Ultramarines. Nice to see that Lorgar didn't take this injustice lying down :grin:.

Can't wait to read both The First Heretic and The Core.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I assumed that the meetings between the Emperor, Lorgar and Guilliman were done over a hologram, or a comm-system. So I assumed that Lorgar would have to take it without retaliation, glad to see I was wrong :grin:.

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts
hahahahahahahaha, you people, i swear! :laugh:

none of you read the comments to his post on his blog then did you. My name is all over that. lol actually, the moment it came up, i submitted it for a post on the Heresy News Network, but Jez didn't feel it necessary to post yet. so there :p

CP

and besides, i can't take all the news! i'd be a news hog!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I must say, I have become very impressed by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. He hasn't written much for the Black Library but what he has written is just excellent. As a Word Bearer fan, a fan of the Horus Heresy series and a fan of Soul Hunter, I eagerly await The First Heretic.

·
Registered
745 Posts
so i take it lorgar bitch slaps malcador and regards him as a worm. i thought that all the primarchs regarded him as a grandfather figure. the more fluff that comes out about the HH the more we see how disfunctional the royal family of 40k is and thats even before the HH. it actually really amazes me how the emperor seems to never really do anything about the negative rivalrys and bad personal traits of the primarchs and how the primarchs are supposed to be so superior yet cant get over petty jealousies and follow simple orders from their fathers.
i know its a story but they are supposed to be grown men and greater men at that with stock from the greatest being in the galaxy. with all their faults could it show us a insight into the inner workings of Him and put a question to us that the heretics were actually right to go against all He ever said and wanted to do. maybe abit of psychology and insight into the thinking of the great beings would be a good addition to the novels and answer a few questions along the way.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
He doesnt slap malcador, i think itd kill him outright!

From all the fluff of the HH books, the primarchs look down on at least one o their *brothers*.

So for lorgar to look down on malcador is very believable in my eyes.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
I'm glad Logar isn't going to be taking any shit from papa smurff.

By the way...

‘My devotion is my strength.’ Lorgar clenched his perfect teeth. ‘You have no heart, and no soul.’ A snort blackened his angelic features with a disgusted twist. ‘I pray that one day, you feel as I feel. Would you smile if one of Ultramar’s worlds died in fire? Tarentus? Espandor? Calth?’
SPOILER

Tarentus down, two more to go. If you read Chapter's Due you'll understand what I mean.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Any questions, mortals?

Yes, you at the back, with the chainaxe.

Why does calth pop up alot, when Word bearers and smurfs start honking?
Good question. Here's why.

Calth is the major deciding battle between the Word Bearers and the Ultramarines in the Horus Heresy.

Horus knows, without a shadow of a doubt, that if Guilliman and his Legion reaches Terra, then the Traitors have lost. The Ultramarines have the numbers and the strength to reinforce Terra beyond Horus's capacity to break the siege, and the Emperor will win.

So to prevent this happening, he orders Lorgar (who, in turn, orders Kor Phaeron) to hurl the second-largest Legion in the Imperium at the absolute largest. The Ultramarines are mustering at Calth, and it's there that the Word Bearers jump out from the warp and ambush Guilliman's fleet, kicking the unholy fuck out of them and laying waste to the planet Calth itself with armies of cultists.

Ultimately, the Ultramarines are led by their primarch, and they manage to send the Word Bearers into retreat. But Calth stands as a monument to the bloodshed between the two Legions, which is why they use it in arguments all the time.

"How's your paradise planet Calth? Still a nuclear wasteland?"
"I don't remember. I'm still hungover from the party after we kicked your asses there."

1 - 20 of 42 Posts