Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thier seems to be a red eye on horus and the guy at his feet also it is in the talons of the imperial eagle any one Know what it is

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh ya and thier is a big one in the back (must of been important)

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was pretty sure that it's supposed to be the Eye Of Horus - the traitors' symbol during the Horus Heresy and the current Black Legion banner - but Sanguinus("the guy at his feet") wears it too...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly I think it was the original symbol of Man Kind

·
Registered
505 Posts
it is the eye of terra. Here is a quote from the black legion article on wikipedia:
"After the Ullanor Crusade, and the Interex incident, the Legion's change in name to the Sons of Horus accompanied a change in colouring. The Legion's power armour was decorated predominantly dark grey, with black or gold trim, while some soldiers' gauntlets were coloured dark red. The Legion symbol changed to become a stylised eye over a cross. This symbol was known as the Eye of Terra...............................................................................................................This colour scheme was retained until Abaddon the Despoiler took command of the Legion's remnants. The Black Legion, as the name suggests, wears black armour. The armour is decorated with gold trim and Chaotic iconography. The symbol of the Eye was retained, however it was now superimposed over the eight-pointed Star of Chaos (now known as the Eye of Horus)."

I assume that the other primarchs also had the eye of terra somewhere on their armor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts