Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brothers, it is my privilege to honour Brother-Sergeant Leon. The Fifth Company did engage the vile traitors of the Word Bearers Legion, and did find the deviant xenos of the Craftworld Alaitoc manipulating the course of events that we might destroy each other and leave their territory without military action on their part.
On the ninth day of the twelfth segment of the nine hundred and ninety-seventh year of the tenth millennia of our Emperor’s reign did the Fifth cross blades with the Word Bearers in the heart of the Imperial settlement. It was Brother-Sergeant Leon’s talons that accounted for eighteen confirmed dead Word Bearers, and his squad’s chainswords that brought down the daemon prince that lead their incursion. When the Eldar intervened to remove the Emperor’s people from their settlement upon the Word Bearers’ defeat, and unleashed their vile daemon-avatar upon our brethren, Sergeant Leon did eviscerate the beast with his lightning claws. May the Emperor continue to watch over the good sergeant. It is the honour of the reclusiam to present the sergeant with the Imperial Laurel for exemplary courage in the line of duty.

The game was a 4000-point per side Apocalypse game, with each player fielding a 2000 point army. The Lions Rampant were allied with a Warhound Titan and a detachment of Grey Knights. The Eldar and Word Bearers were allied.

In game terms, Brother-Sergeant Leon and his assault squad cut down three squads of ten Word Bearers each, taking only two casualties in the process over the course of four turns. Between bad rolling on the part of the Word Bearers, and excellent armour saves, the Lions Rampant triumphed. Then, the Word Bearers’ daemon prince charged, killed one Astartes, and subsequently was brought down by a pair of Astartes—four attacks, four wounds, and four ones for the armour saves. The squad went on to then engage the Eldar Avatar. The squad shot the Avatar and was able to wound it once with bolt pistol fire. The Avatar then cut down two Astartes, and Leon subsequently eviscerated the Avatar in one fell swoop with his lightning claws. Assault Squad Leon, the seventh squad of the Fifth Company, accounted for no less than 1350 points’ worth of enemy casualties, and was a scoring unit at the end of turn 6. Ridiculous fluke, but damn was it impressive. The gaming group has witnessed Sergeant Leon cut down an absurd number of opponents in other games, and has earned the title “The Wolverine” due to his lightning claws’ lethality and the imagery of a certain X-Men character that they invoke.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still waiting on my camera to be repaired. It's a professional-grade digital camera...not something you can get at Best Buy or whatever... so I had to send it off. But hopefully it'll be back soon. I'll have pictures galore up then both of the good sergeant and of the progress I've made on the 5th Company in the Ongoing Projects section.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very nice battle. It was very edtailed and great. Serg. Leon sounds like a good fighter! Im just amazed how the demon prince rolled 4 ones for his armour saves when the astartes attacked him.

Hail Serg. Leon!!!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Damn! There's no other word for it. I might be headhunting him for my own army, just as long as he bows down and worships the Chaos Gods. And my dice learn that Bad things happen when they roll 1's and 2's.

Sounds like a great game, though! I'm amazed at the death toll that SM sarge racked up.

-Dirge

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The scary thing is that he does it CONSISTENTLY. He's got the heads of two wolf lords, four rune priests, two wolf priests, something like sixty Grey Hunters, and about thirty daemonettes on his hands, as well as what he racked up in the last game.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sounds like my Chaos Lord Zathos has a rival now, he's only died twice in games, and that was because of his Daemon Weapon :(

And annoyingly, he's had to face Khorne Berserkers far too many times with them getting the charge, Slannesh rocks with Lords :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts