Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yet another idea to add to my palette. Curse my indecisiveness!! (I think I must have a Daemon of Tzeentch inside me somewhere!)

This list still makes use of the Flying DP overkill I was orignally going for, and some room for variation. It'll also be more colourful and fun to paint, plus with all those blocks of infantry in there it should be easily adapted to fantasy.

So here goes:

HQ

Bloodthirster - Greater Reward - 270pts
Herald of Tzeench - Locus of Conjuration, Mastery Level 2 - 95pts
Herald of Slaanesh - Locus of Beguilement, Lesser Reward (Etherblade), Steed - 100pts
Herald of Nurgle - Locus of Fecundity, Lesser Reward (Etherblade), Mastery Level 1 - 105pts

Troops

20 Bloodletters - Bloodreaper, Lesser Reward (Axe of Khorne) - 215pts
19 Horrors - 171pts
20 Plaguebearers- 180pts

Fast Attack

9 Seekers - 108pts
6 Screamers - 150pts
8 Flesh Hounds - 128pts

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince - Khorne, Flight, Warp Forged Armour, Greater Reward - 240pts
Daemon Prince - Khorne, Flight, Warp Forged Armour, Greater Reward - 240pts

Total: 2000pts

I'll probably get a few extras to add in and take out as I please:

Herald of Khorne
6 Nurgling Bases (Comes in battleforce)

I personally think it's pretty solid. The only thing I'm a little shaky on is the Locus on the Slaanesh Herald. Otherwise I'm quite happy, but you can be the judge of that!

So let's start the process again!! Comments and criticism welcome.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bloodthirster - Good

Herald of Tzeentch - Take Conjuration not Trans.

Herald of Slaanesh - Beguilement is awesome stick with it!

Herald of Nurgle - Consider MLv1 and take advantage of decent Lv1 Plague Powers

Troops - All fine though i would drop the nurglings, without eternal warrior they just dont last anymore.

Seekers - Good, make sure u keep em safe from shooting or give the enemy something more enticing to shoot at or they will just die very quickly.

Screamers - Good, dont forget to discuss with your opponent (see SMASH rules) +1 attack for charging with their special attacks.

Princes - Again good, though take an Lesser reward etherblade as well for +1 attack for two weapons and Master crafted re-roll (assuming ur taking khorne weapon on greater for rampage here)

Pretty solid list, just needs a few tweaks. Nice and varied. do check out soulgrinders on Nurgle for troll face lol's

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks good, I'm siding with Duskan on the Nurglings though. I don't understand why they no longer have the Eternal Warrior special rule, makes them rather useless as a tarpit and too slow to do much else. I would drop them and try and fit in another Fast Attack unit, that unit of Flesh Hounds perhaps?

Edit: Also if you find yourself impossible to decide what kind of army you want, like I did. I would advise to start a little smaller as with 2,000Pts the options are simply so overwhelming you lose track of what you really want. Start out with 1,000Pts and work your way up from there. Also I would advise to stick with the things you like most and try and cram them all into a single army list. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I've made some amendments above.

Sorry Duskan! I did mean to put Conjuration, must have been a typo!

As for the Nurglings, I was sceptical about them. Swarms have never really appealed to me, they just come in the Battleforce so I though, why not?!

I'm looking for somewhere to find the points for the Nurgle Mastery Lvl 1, but I'm struggling. One of the Screamers would do it, but maybe take out some of the unit champions or something? I'm unsure.

·
Registered
430 Posts
How about dropping the heartseeker with lesser reward? uve already got a heral in there who can choose who and how challenges take place and everything has rending already so 15 odd points for what is essecially +1 attack u can drop. Then maybe drop a Horror? one wont make much of a difference. That should get u enough for MLv1 on ur Herald?

If that doesnt cut it then like u said try dropping a screamer, but it wouldnt make a major difference to how the list plays, it just makes the PB squad a threat rather than an annoyance.

Otherwise very nice list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts