Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wow, I've had a head start, but still much to read through. I'll read on till the end before I'll say more :).

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Thank you both. I take the long perspective here. Telling the life and crimes of the people in question, you sort of get to see them with warts and everything. :)

And it is a story about a boy and girl coming of age as Imperial heroes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Had fun reading through this, kind of surprised by the very thorough back story behind the Carrus and Ionza. So is this where the story ends, or you just haven't gotten around to adding to it:eek:k:? Just like true Imperial legends, there's some over-the-top moments to make them shine :grin:.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Thank you for the kind words fire.

They are barely at the cusp of their careers. I have written more at another forum (an empty one where I can get time to think when writing plot-twists), I shall write some more, at least sending them off to space.

And if you read back you will see that I have followed your advice when it comes to writing-style and made it less cluttered.

And yeah they do some over the top stuff. My favorite is when Carrus sent the Ork Biker into orbit for no good reason.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Chapter III.

The war was just getting started the Hell Pit was recaptured after a bloody battle led by general Raffi Luongo. The Freudakain PDF lost scores of soldiers in the bloody fighting there, but that was nothing compared to the ork losses. Human firepower prevailed in the jungle as attached commissars from the Schola Freudakia made sure the vox-lines were open to the artillery and the Imperial Navy which made sure bombing-run went smoothly. Many heroes were made there often charging in and killing orks when their ammunition were spent mounting bayonets. but usually the humans trying to go toe to toe with the orks were brutally murdered by the orks which superior strength and toughness meant they could take punishments the humans couldn't.

The war in Hell Pit had devolved into bitter closeup fighting inside the dead volcano. Every inch was fought for. The ground was bought with blood and artillery-shells. The Freudakian PDF soon had their own heroes, but they had changed. Before the war they relied on drafting with the nobility as their officers. That changed as Harken made his reforms of the training of the soldiers. Now merit not contacts meant how you climbed. The Storm Trooper-battalion was disbanded and every Storm Trooper were given a commission in the PDF instantly transforming the officer-core from one very average to one of the better at least for a PDF-force which was the backbone on this planet.

Another facet of the war was for who to have the overall command. The commissariat at Freudakia led by Harken wanted general McCoy to be in charge, but his position was hampered with his closeness to Carrus who all knew had his own agenda. General Luongo the other candidate for Lord General was the brother-in-law of the Planetary Governor, and far from a friend of the commissariat as he was vary of Carrus, especially as Carrus had a fondness of turning soldiers misbehaving into mindless combat-servitors just as examples. And more gruesome he had managed to get the traditional death-penalty changed into drafted into the Skitarii which numbered millions of men and women already.

That was an influence he was gonna fight and he used his connection with the Planetary Governor for all it was worth. Luongo won out mainly because the main generals felt Carrus and the Adeptus Mechanicus had enough influence there. And despite both Carrus and Harken being present at the meeting and bristling with their weapons and personalities they were forced to concede defeat in that area as the generals overlooked the recommendations of the commissariat at Freudakia.

Luongo was not a bad choice, and for Carrus too much were at stake to let the petty rivalry prevent Luongo from having the equipment he wanted. Especially tanks were wanted by Luongo. Where McCoy's tactics were more infiltrate a unit, then have them call in artillery and air-strikes which was the staple in the tactics Harken had indoctrinated into his commissars who used their unimpeded lines in voxing to contact the artillery-regiments or airstrips with Maurader bombers getting them to bomb their targets back to the stone-age and ambushes with plenty of booby-traps sat by elite jungle-fighters. Which only the Schola Progenium there produced due to Harken and McLandi being of the very elite there. Which was evident as jungle-patrols were part of the schedule there. Were every driller was an experienced veteran from jungle-fighting knowing full and well the dangers of beasts like Shadow-Tigers and acid-spitters and the dreaded one-step snake. And also the orks in the jungle, an unholy blend of traditional orks and their feral cousins. Luckily they were at war against eachother so the oomies coming in was not the biggest priority yet. And the Ogryns and Roamers were there.

Plus something new that was popping up in the jungle. Cults dedicated to Chaos. That was especially jarring as more than one good soldier were corrupted after cleaning out a temple after their insane brethren had been taken out in the aftermath of the fighting, but that's getting before myself. First came the story of the battle for the temple where the Imperials at the Schola Freudakia or rather the Astropath Janus Jarcar had picked up an unnatural warp-presence through a rather vivid nightmare. The man blind, deaf and mute once. Though crude augmentations now had replaced them got up from his metallic bed. He knew one person would listen. He had seen her many times she was beautiful both in and out out the warp as he got dressed in his spartan quarters. His robotic eyes looked around, he smiled thinking of her. as he retrieved his army-boots and staff of the Astronomican. He was of average height, his head was metal, black plasteel. Ordered by Carrus himself on Ionza's request. He rapidly summoned his guard of four guards. They never spoke to him. That was their duty. He observed they were are square-jawed as he strode forward on the marble-floor accompanied by them ubder his dark robes of the Astronomican with his staff in had. They were as unsmiling as ever as no sane soldier talked to a psyker.

He eventually reached the prison. The black disgusting building jutted out as pleasant to the landscape as a sword spearing through a body. His warp-vision held an even worse suggestion of the place as he could count the suffering deaths of millions through the ages there. Monstrous servitors were standing guard, unlike the Storm-Troopers just a couple of years earlier proving that Carrus indeed was gaining influence. Why the hell they lived at the prison was beyond him, he beat the thoughts aside as he strode towards the luxury prison-cell Carrus and Ionza called home, passing doorway after doorway, checkpoint after checkpoint. All with so-called Skitarii as guards, glancing at them through the warp was no better, all he saw was their memory of brutal torture with mind-scrubbing mixed in with a focus of Carrus waterboarding them. That was even more unpleasant than anything else, the fear Carrus had them have of him. He rapidly turned off the warp-vision as he saw the creatures with his augmented eyes. They were transformed to mindless automatons obeying his slightest gesture, they stood there ugly as hell. Weapons were protuding from openings in their bodies often melta-based weaponry on the poor threaded creatures. Jarcar let his pity go. He had also been tortured by the Imperium of Mankind. it was for a greater good he concluded just as an unnatural female with twin bolters jutting out of her chest welcomed him with a metallic voice to the quarters of Carrus and Ionza.

"Commissar Ionza, Astropath Jarcar is here to see you." The metallic voice hissed through the combeads attached to Ionza's left ear. Ionza smiled given the punching-bag a few extra punches as she was just dressed in a black top, shorts, socks and shoes as she was just training. She finally put a finger gently to her ear pushing it to be at their personal channel. "Let him in Skitarii Joanna." Just as she said that Joanna sailed around to the key-marking on the wall, extending out of her belly came the key which she inserted into it making the metallic door swing open. She let Jarcar in with the guard waiting outside. Jarcar stepped into the finely cell Carrus and Ionza called home. Under his combat-boots was a fine velvet-carpet. He saw pictures on the walls, mainly works of arts with landscapes as both but especially Carrus hated works of arts praising war. He then saw Ionza coming sweating like a pig from the training-room, she was wiping herself with a towel as she grinned while she said. "I heard you wanted to see me Astropath Jarcar." The voice was cheerful as the small teenager sprayed herself with water from the bottle making the clothes cling to her. Jarcar answered in his almost human baritone voice. "Yes commissar, I bear grave news I'm afraid." He looked like he expected her to hit him, worse she changed expression, from pleasure to seriousness.

"Do tell Astropath." She said that as she headed towards the kitchen waving the Astropath to follow her, she turned on the blender mixing up her self an orange-based protein-shake in the black blender inside the futuristically modeled kitchen with blank steel-kitchen-chairs , and a well-polished kitchen-table of stainless steel. She dragged out a chair, motioning to the Astropath to take a chair, while she turned around, getting to the recaf-maker making it make them two cups of recaf. Soon she served him that taking a seat herself sipping from the white porcelain-cup herself as she said. "As I said Astropath do tell." Her merciless brown eyes peered into the robotic eyes of Jarcar. She smiled, but it was tainted by worry. "I felt a disturbance in the warp commissar." Jarcar said without emotion, he watched the smile evaporate from Ionza's face, she then said. "Show me." She removed her Rosarius from her neck, placing it on the kitchen-table. Jarcar showed her the nightmare. She looked shocked at him, taking a deep sip of the boiling hot recaf, not caring one bit that it burned her tongue. She rubbed her left earlobe gently until she hit the personal channel of Carrus.

"Carrus, Ionza here, this is important over." She spoke quickly no emotion. Carrus were in the middle of a fencing-session with Natrax. They had both been milling around with hard looks on their faces for the last few hours. He immediately sheathed his sword, instantly getting Natrax to forget the vicious training-session they had just gone through making a sort of bow to him as Carrus said. "Ionza is hitting my personal vox, it must be serious headmaster." Carrus then hit the vox, adjusting the bead until he captured their personal channel. He were clad in black-grey robes just like Natrax inside a small sparring-room made of black adamentum with light-rods in the roof. "Carrus here, report your case Michelle. Over." He was calm. "Ionza said without feeling into the vox. "Astropath Jarcar has found a disturbance in the warp. Immediate action must be undertaken. Ionza out." Carrus was not calm after he heard it as he looked worried at the headmaster. "The blasted Astropath has felt something in the warp Headmaster." Natrax looked equally worried back at Carrus as he hit the vox-net himself. "Red alert, I repeat red alert all personnel on alert including myself and the cadet-commissars Carrus and Ionza are to immediately to report to the shuttleport. Headmaster James Natrax over and out."

Soon Carrus was in the prison-cell with Ionza, they were both showering together, which had become a common practice for them by this point. Even though both were joking as they scrubbed the back of eachother the jokes were hollow. They both knew something bad were lurking in the warp. Eventually both got out of the shower and started dressing into the combat-gear. The black camo-gear both were so familiar with. Ionza helped Carrus slip into his armour tightening the straps of it as she got dressed herself in her own black jungle-gear. They were not looking forward for this by any means. As was demonstrated as Carrus just as he slipped his cape on said. "Do you think Headmaster Natrax will accept for once that we can just send a Vortex-torp Michelle? While we can just hug the edge of that ruined city sending it all to hell?" Ionza giggled then answered. "Hardly, Natrax want to find out more about this. You are likely to have to head the grab-team and infiltrate the temple-ruins darling." She slipped into her own commissaral garb. Carrus looked bemused at her as he exited the prison with her. They walked through the black corridors together double-checking then triple-checking their weaponry both anxious about the mission in the jungle knowing one false move would be their last. Eventually they made their way to the war-room of the airport.

The black room with hologryphs and holograms was full of Storm Troopers all standing there with hard faces. Carrus and Ionza were the last of the people of the mission to step into it. They looked weary around as they saluted the members there. Storm Troopers-captains stood there flanking Natrax who had this operation planned in detail. It was to be a grab then bombard-action. Carrus to his horror found himself being the actual grabber. Immediately he dragged Natrax aside. He with worry inscribed across his face looked his mentor straight in the eye as he said. "Headmaster is this wise? Can't we just have me calling in the Vortex like last year?" He looked anxiously up at Natrax who just shook his head as he stood in the side-spot of the war-room where he let Carrus drag him whenever he had an issue with a plan. He was used to Carrus protesting whenever his hide could be risked as he preferred to just hide under a rock, set a perimeter and order in torpedoes from the Imperial Navy using his commissarial overrides. "Negative cadet-commissar, we for once need to learn what we are fighting." Carrus bristled as he heard the words from his mentor, he tried one last ditch effort. "With all due respect Headmaster the psyker needs someone to keep an eye on it, and you know cadet-commissar Ionza is a bad choice due to her partiality with the psyker. I mean who shall keep the eye on the psyker Headmaster?"

Carrus looked worried at his Headmaster which features just hardened. "I shall cadet-commissar." Carrus' eyes opened to a funny degree as he said. "With all due respect Headmaster the Astropath is the most easily corrupted member of this plan of yours. Please just call it off with me at execution-range of him as you know I won't shrink from my duties and I have already taken out two Sanctioned Psykers when I judged they to be failing in the field." Carrus looked skeptical at the Headmaster his whole body-language showed he anticipated a mission from hell, which the Headmaster just said. "I hear your points cadet-commissar, but I'm still your superior, points overruled." Carrus groaned under the rejection of his ideas from his superior. Then he handed Natrax the reports of his executions. He looked straight in the eyes of his superior. "To execute a human being you have called comrade is not an easy task Headmaster, I hope you are up for the task." Natrax looked a bit worried at Carrus as he said. "Point taken cadet-commissar." Carrus smiled to his superior as he said. "You will adopt my plan Headmaster?" Natrax just shook his head. "Negative cadet-commissar, but we can wait." That answer was even worse for Carrus who said. "We will take the mission now, less risk. I trust you can do it sir, just read the reports about how to kill Sanctioned Psykers and exchange it with Astropath." Carrus saluted Natrax.

They rejoined the war-room with Carrus under surly silence for the rest of the meeting. His weary blue eyes spoke for him, he was not looking forward to this mission. Ionza approached Natrax, whispering as they stood infront of the war-table showing a hologryph of the temple-city. "You have sent cadet-commissar Carrus into the city with the first wave Headmaster?" Natrax just nodded then signaled to Carrus who himself irked over to McHendrix saluting him, he then just waved McHendrix to come with him. The pair were soon going down the dark hallway of the airport. Carrus whispered to McHendrix. "Give me the report on the squad scout-captain." McHendrix immediately said. "Top condition and have worked together all their life." Carrus just looked weary at McHendrix swearing for himself as they went down to the airport where the suqad was mustered. They both saluted the squad who saluted back before getting into the Valkyrie. Carrus then said. "If you are wise you might pray to the Emperor *a few started to pray with loud mutters as Carrus snapped.* Silently." He let his weary eyes settle on each individual member of the team, he couldn't see their faces as they were dressed up like Karskins, all with hotshot lasguns and special knives, two women, the rest of the ten persons outside him and McHendrix were males. He saw their attitude the complete opposite of his own. They were looking forward to this and to serve with an Imperial hero.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ionza on her side quickly got her squad mustered as well, within ten minutes they were following Carrus and his squad. She unlike her mate was cheery as she joked with her crew while she again and again re-checked her war-gear for any issues. Carrus was a forthcoming as could be expected by any commissar during the trip, only exchanging word with McHendrix and they were scant few at that and only mission-oriented with him taking point and their general plan of rushing through the complex as Natrax briefed them on the onboard computer with the pictogram spinning showing his face as he talked. Eventually the Valkyrie came at the brown temple overgrown with jungle, Carrus was rappelling down even before it was fully descended to the landing-zone hitting the ground from about three meters making it crack underneath him as he landed due to him weighing in at over two hundred kilos with all his gear. He stood there for a moment on one knee while he mounted his bayonet. Then Carrus zipped along towards the main temple of the desecrated city which once had been built to the honor of the Emperor, now it was desecrated by the foulness of the worshipers of Slaanesh.

Carrus just snorted lowly with disdain as he got onto the approach of the temple, he saw the desecrated statues of the Emperor everywhere with the insane worshipers of Slaanesh dressed in pink and gold milling around it, often putting small idols before the statues while they lowly chanted praises to Slaanesh the Prince of Pleasure while their clingy sensual clothes was draped around their bodies. In general they were ignored, but at times Carrus waited to the rest of the squad caught up to him as they gathered at corners beneath stairs and such quickly taking cover sliding into the shadows. Carrus whispered into the ear of McHendrix with one hand being held like a cylinder against it as he pointed to the worshipers of Slaanesh with the other hand under a six-armed statue of the Emperor or at least what had once been of his likeness. Now it resembled more a Keeper of Secrets with six breasts and tail and such though for unclear reasons the face of the Emperor was not defaced, it was complete much to the disgust of the encroaching Imperials. McHendrix gesticulated back to the commissar how he meant they were to take out the dozen or so kneeling members placed infront of it. Eventually the Imperials attacked. deadly silent. Each trooper got their mark with knives and bayonets striking the lung-region of them as the attack went forward just as planned by the Imperials under the statue of the Emperor.

To the disgust of the Imperials they realized the cultists climaxed as they died. The pain of death rippled through their bodies, faces locked in sick pleasure. The Imperials heaped the cultists together in a mottled heap in the corner they had just been covering in before striking. They then approached the large cathedral in the middle of the city, brown marble covered it. Ruined statues of the Emperor and Imperial Saints stood all having six arms in mockery of the former masters of the cathedral. Carrus took the lead as he sprinted up the grey concrete-stairs with his cape wrapped tight around him. concealing him from the worshipers of Slaanesh on guard as Ionza and her snipers got themselves in positions perched at rooftops near the cathedral ready to pour in supporting-fire. One by one they his the vox-net silently telling Carrus and the Storm Troopers they were in position. Then they rapidly got individual targets amongst the pink jumpsuit-clothed guards with faces deformed and having an oddly large mix of genitals, though some had one hand replaced by tentacles. They stood there with golden helmets and military-grade jackboots.

The snipers quickly communicated on the vox, the sergeant leading them designating the targets as they laid in at the rooftops or had just snuck into a building bypassing any occupiers utilizing their camo-cloaks or dispatching one or more occupants of rooms with silent ruthlessness. Just knives slicing throats or being pressed into the lungs of the Slaanesh-worshipers from behind hindering them from making any noise as they climaxed into death, which shocked even the experienced snipers. They had seen the brutality of war before, but this was madness.

Carrus lead the charge up the stairs as the guards were sniped. They fell before him, not that they could even see him, one shot to the bridge of the nose who was burned away in one cauterized wound no more than a thumb thick going all the way to the back of the skull. The men didn't even climax as they just fell dead having been caught absolutely by surprise. Carrus blasted open the large black oak-doors with his meltagun and his Storm Troopers came up, the man with the flamer , a large burly fellow within his massive suit of cerapace doused the entire weapon-room with the red-hot death. Then McHendrix waved Carrus in who leapt over to the brown-yellow wall, then he swung around from cover at point-blank range he shot his melta into the faces of desperate cultists, which clothes consisted of fireworks of color. They didn't even react to the death he sprayed into the crowd as they all melted quickly and those that was just outside the narrow lane of fire caught fire with siren shrieks of joy while they milled around setting fire to other people in the crowd. The flamethrower took the other side, but he soon screamed as he suddenly was turned to a Chaos Spawn. with Carrus just reacting in time to execute the trooper with his meltagun blasting apart the former Storm Trooper alongside several more of the congregates there who melted rapidly into bubbling goo with sensual smiles forming in the nanoseconds that followed as they were vaporized from the surface of the earth. The resulting explosion collapsed the doorway the trooper was standing at.

"Ain't these blasted grenades coming soon?" Carrus growled as a trooper with a grenade-thrower came running up to him. The muscular large fellow even took several shots on his cerapace bodyarmour from within the cathedral, something Carrus never let happen to him. With a slippery voice he said. "Coming right up commissar." Then several explosions followed with more screams of pleasure and joy. He grinned as another grenade was flung in, while another lassho blasted against his thick bodyarmour, causing Carrus to pull him into cover. He smiled as he launched in another grenade. "Commissar that ain't necessary, the Emperor protects." Carrus firing again just screamed to the man. "The Emperor protects the brave and cunning soldier not idiots standing in the open." He then roared. "Take cover that's a bloody order for the Emperor's sake." He yelled it high enough to be heard by his entire squad, even though the order was hardly necessary as the rest of the squad was in cover firing into the mob who was thinning fast from every discharge of the meltagun of Carrus.

Carrus then heard a howl of intense pain from the trooper. His shape began to twist and turn, tentacles flew out from his skin, extra arms and legs raptured from his body, Carrus and his squad saw another of their squadmates being turned into a twisted parody of something living. Immediately Carrus drew his brutal black chainsword pressing the activation-rune to maximum, then he almost split the Chaos Spawn in two, before he snarled and started to run through the mob infront of him with his chainsword maiming and killing. For once his brutal fighting-style worked against him as he indiscriminately hacked and slashed through the mob, sending limbs flying through the air and eviscerating as he strode forth. He was hindered by Slaaneshi cultists screaming of joy as his chainsword brought the Slaaneshi-cultists ecstasy through the maiming it dished out. Volleys of lasgun-fire also ripped through the ranks Carrus faced as he charged through the mob in a way many a commissar had done before him, though he hated to do as shot after shot was negated by his Rosarius and heavy armour.

The Storm Troopers under the screaming orders of McHendrix poured in a steady rain of lasbolts covering the charge of Carrus as he trotted through the throng facing him. Time and time again they hindered attacks from the rear by shooting a cultist in the back just in the nick of time. For Carrus himself he saw Ionza hurling bolt after bolt of doom at him only to be negated by the jealous Rosarius guarding his soul. He struggled forward finally coming to her as he stood before the desecrated painting of the Emperor and an alter once who had been used by the Ecclecharichy as a shrine for the holy bones of a Saint, now they were splattered around in golden chalices there while a vile pink tablecloth covered the table with the symbol of Slaanesh woven on it in a purple very exquisite weave. That mattered not one bit for Carrus who with his chainsword still spraying blood screamed while he pointed the chainsword and shot her several times to little effect with his laspistol as her magical protection negated the shots. "You are not Michelle! Michelle is a nice person, and that's not you Slaaneshi filth!" Then he roared and his cruel chainsword swept towards the lithe woman in a strapless, extremely form-hugging dress that varied between several colors as the light shone on it.

To Carrus' shock and horror he found his savage attack easily parried by the woman. She giggled gently as she said while forcing Carrus back on the defensive. "Think of what we could do together commissar. All the love we could have down the ages while Slaanesh mutated us and gave us endless pleasure in the arms of eachother." She swung her sword easily, and just a last second dodge from Carrus prevented her from running him through with the sword, while he saw visions of the Emperor on the Golden Throne, just a corpse. Machines doing the life-supporting functions for him. Carrus rapidly shook his head. "That's a lie!" He roared as he again was forced back as a near-perfect stroke was parried by him in the last nanosecond as the lithe woman laid weight on it causing Carrus' chainsword to scrape against his belly. He rapidly sprawled as she spoke again. Even more seductive than Ionza could, and that's saying a lot. "Come-on now Zachary Carrus, don't you want to have an eternity of-" Carrus interrupted her kicking her back as she moaned with the moan of sexual gratification as his chainsword scratched her skin.

"Guess what error you just did." He said as he spun around with a savage backhanded blow, the Slaaneshi priestess moved her slender blade up to parry. Yet the force of Carrus' blow shattered her powered sword like it was glass. Her head was lopped off in grisly faction as the body just before his eyes changed from Ionza to that of a wrinkled old hag in a dress absolutely not fitting for her as she dropped her sword, arms flailing and then she ran with a fountain of blood into the crowd. Carrus covered behind the alter. He hoped to hear cries of repentance, but they were far and few between or none were forthcoming which was the truth. Instead almost to a roar of a massive chorus almost deafening him he heard the cry. "Revenge the priestess!" And. "For the Prince of Pleasure!" As the mad followers surged forward seeking to obliterate the commissar who had just spoiled their day. He in return hacked several of the followers to bits as they fell in ecstatic pleasure with screams of joy as the sweeping chainsword sheared through their clothing and armour to their howls and whoops of immense pleasure as anyone jumping on his back was quickly and brutally killed by the young commissar who ran towards a corner in the cathedral. where he knew he could hold off the flow of Slaaneshi-cultists for many minutes before he would succumb to his wounds and things would penetrate even his armour.

He then as he fought the cultists roared into his vox. "Commissar Carrus to the Storm Trooper-squad evacuate the premises and order in a torpedo from the Imperial Navy while I die. Commissar Carrus over and out." As he said that numerous cultists were cut down or simply shot with his laspistol. Immediately hitting the squad-vox was the voice of Natrax. "Belay that order, mount bayonet and charge, Missionary Jamer Natrax over and out!" Just as that happened Storm-Troopers smashed through the windows of the galleries running over the cathedral. They blasted the hapless lasgun-toting Slaanesh-worshipers into humans with caturized holes in their backsides as they entered. As did the Storm Troopers with McHendrix leading them as he himself splattered numerous cultists with the new powered sword he employed as he entered the main room of the church almost slipping due to the blood and gore under his feet. At the distance they saw the commissar just about to be overwhelmed by enemies. Then suddenly with a barbaric howl landed the huge Headmaster just infront of him pulping several enemies as he did so, Eviscerator sat at full as the chainsword tore apart numerous opponents who died screaming as their limbs, guts and bones were scattered around Natrax while the sword made an angry whirring sound as it entered body after body, destroying and tearing apart, armour, clothes, bones and flesh with equal ease.

Carrus on his side rapidly deactivated and sheathed his chainsword with his laspistol suffering the same fate then he grabbed his meltagun, rapidly reloading it grabbing one of the twenty black canisters on the front off his armour screweing it on. Just as Natrax swung his Eviscerator pulverizing and gutting several opponents. Then Carrus with little room to maneuver smacked Natrax aside before he again discharged his weapon once more incinerating and instantly pulping any man or woman caught in it's blaze. Carrus mumbled a sorry but there were zero sincerity in his voice and Natrax saw from his expression that the horrors he had just faced had scarred him deeply. Yet he fought on barbecuing yet another few cultists while the Storm Troopers but inside the cathedral-room and up on the gallery mowed down the cultists. The last few remaining tried to surrender. But Carrus just knew they wanted to face the torture from the Imperials. So he immediately drew his laspistol and executed them. A Storm Trooper tried to stop him. He just growled. "These freaks only want pain so lets give them death." Around twenty were executed in that way by the irate young commissar with no mercy in his heart.

Then as he executed the last one Natrax came over to him. They exchanged salutes. Natrax then said. "You didn't follow orders commissar, you were supposed to capture the priestess alive." Carrus looked tired back at Natrax. "That was impossible Headmaster.” They walked a little as Carrus pointed to the Chaos Spawn laying split in two at the doorway. "That woman was a powerful psyker, only my Rosarius prevented me from sharing that fate. She was at least Gamma level sir." Carrus looked sad at the former Imperial he had slain. Natrax nodded as he said. "Makes sense I didn't know she was that strong, I hope you can forgive an old man for that mistake." He looked at his student who did a simple nod as he were getting up a lho-rod, igniting it, closing his eyes enjoying it.

Ionza and her snipers had also been highly active taking down many of the enemies as they tried to get to the cathedral leaving scores of humans with cauterized holes in their faces, mainly at the bridge of their noses. As Carrus and the Storm Troopers came out they saw lots of worshipers of Slaanesh laying in that way often shot from behind shots expertly placed at places like the neck or other unprotected places of the bodies of the humans laying there. Their looks varied but they were all dressed in the colored fireworks so commonly used by the followers of Slaanesh. A couple of them were still alive by some miracle. Carrus made sure the miracle stayed short-lived as he got over to a Storm Trooper with a vox-caster, as he grabbed the voxophone dialing in the callsign of the Lord Commissar. "Commissar Carrus here, general order given. Take no prisoners. I repeat. Take no prisoners. Commissar Carrus over and out." The message got to every Storm Trooper in the area. While the Valkyries flew over them providing the firepower the Storm Troopers lacked as they when in any situation where they were bogged down by cultists could just call an Valkyrie on the vox-net. Often not even a minute went before the Valkyrie was there with heavy bolters tearing the cultists apart.

Ionza was particularly active on the vox-net voxing in Valkyries all over the town, but she being perched at one of the highest buildings meant she could do so anyway. A few Slaaneshi-cultists laid slain a few places in the building usually stabbed in the lung-region by her as she stopped them from screaming, then she had dragged them away, hiding them from being see immediately. She carefully lined up a shot on a Slaaneshi leader. Mutated large fellow with a Catachan build. He was carrying a heavy bolter and a power fist. Ionza saw him using the powered fist on one of the cultists a young boy, hardly more than in his early teens, yet he was heavily mutated with rather useless mutations like a cock where his nose was and still were and such stupid mutations were commonplace here in this city. The boy was simply splattered, and the squad was showered in the innards of the young cultist forcing them to break from cover and run towards a company of Storm Troopers holed down in a building nearby. She pulled the trigger. The large man fell. A burned hole the size of a thumb stood where his nose was. He was dead before he hit the ground. The rest of the cultists tried to flee, but two Valkyries swept down, heavy bolters going full auto. People ended up exploding coloring the brown-green jungle-buildings red with the gore of the humans who were massacred on the narrow streets of this place. That happened all over the city. Every time a squad of Storm Troopers was in trouble a Valkyrie or two swept in from the skies and just slaughtered the cultists as this was an uncomplicated military operation with the vox-network working perfectly. Friendly fire was kept to a minimum with just one single soldier who lost an arm due to a hot-shot blast that went through a wall, and the cauterized wound meant the medics had little trouble in bandaging and sedating the man while they saved the arm of the soldier.

Carrus saw Jarcar the Astropath at the distance, he was having four men as a guard, yet to his dismay he saw Jarcar having a lasgun. He could hardly be distinguished from the men guarding him except for his bionics. He looked at Natrax with suspision as he said. "You gave the Astropath a gun Headmaster. Is that wise?" Natrax didn't look back at Carrus who continued to smoke his lho-rod as they stood there answering him. "We needed all the guns available and ask commissar Ionza, it was she that put him through the basics young commissar." He waved Carrus with him as they soon found themselves approaching the psyker with his squad. They were standing idle by a Valkyrie. As they walked Carrus said. "I'm glad you at least bothered assigning a squad to the psyker. Headmaster" Natrax just glared at the smoking commissar. "I'm compassionate, not insane commissar." Carrus just grinned mercilessly from the comment. The smile cut a cruel gash in the face so reminiscent of Sanguinus. The angelic Primarch. Carrus looked like him, but he was a far cry from him with his viciousness.

The duo got over to the Astropath. Natrax then asked the psyker. "Is the disturbance in the warp still present Astropath." Jarcar answered quickly with he computerized voice. "The disturbance in the warp is still present Headmaster." Carrus looked worried at Jarcar as he said. "Can we take care of this with a melta or Vortex torp Astropath?" Jarcar just shook his head. Carrus looked dejected as Natrax said. "Commissar Carrus take a squad underground and go with the Astropath." Immediately Carrus said. "Can the Astropath have the Rosarius and your purity-seal sir? I don't want to shoot my third psyker in under a year if I can help it, and you will not see anymore battle being on the surface Headmaster." Natrax looked skeptical at the young commissar. "I can lend him my Rosarius, but the purity-seal was painfully put in place on my uniform by Tech-Priests." Carrus just smirked. "You forget Headmaster my operating title is Commissar-Techriarch and I'm the senior representative of Adeptus Mechanicus on this planet." He whistled as he snatched off the purity-seal from the green armour of Natrax then used his laschisel to attach the seal on Jarcar's metallic head while the waxin the wax in the seal made a hissing noise like that of an egg in the pan.

Then he pressed the com-bead at his right ear, going on the private vox-channel he had with Ionza. "Carrus to Michelle, it seems we are going tunneling. Over." Ionza carefully lined up a shot with her longlas, destroying the beautiful face of a Slaaneshi psyker who had just managed to take out a whole squad of Storm Troopers with her magic gift. She looked so pleased with herself walking out of the building after sending out torrents of pain to the hapless men inside. Then Ionza's shot hit her. Just the size of a thumb at the nose hole burned to the other side of the head. "Third psyker." Ionza whispered as she heard the voice of Carrus. Immediately she gently rubbed the vox-baed at her right ear setting it on their personal channel. "Ionza here, coming right away." She sounded as cheerful as always.

With cat-like grace she jumped down several building in her elegant manner before landing infront of Carrus, Natrax and Jarcar. She smiled at them, straightening up immediately and saluting them. "We are in a war-zone we are trying to avoid getting sniped." Natrax said. Ionza just snickered. "With that Eviscerator hanging from your back, or for Carrus his meltagun alone should make him a target for snipers. I mean I'm one and the officers are the first i look for at the battlefield." She then laid eyes on Jarcar seeing him carrying the Rosarius of Natrax around his neck. "I see you take this seriously commissar Carrus. Good, shall we go now?" Carrus despite the very temptation it brought seeing Ionza's last jump was a salto with landing being quite attractive as well just grunted. "We will take care of this problem, then take a long vacation." With that they were rounded up by their squad and with Jarcar in tow they soon were approaching the catacombs hoping that whatever were down there would sleep to they arrived and preferably never fully wake up.

They rapidly descended down below the surface into the catacombs. All of the Storm Troopers had at least one augmented eye which meant only Ionza actually had to rely on her scope while the rest with Carrus included just turned on their inbuilt. Carrus spearheaded them as he was directed by the more experienced Storm Troopers down the narrow corridors as few men were finer walking point than him. Any time he came across a flamboyantly dressed guard he was quick to sneak up on it and with a muffled groan he slid his monofilament bayonet into the lung-region of anything that came along, leaving it to the Storm Troopers to clean up anything, though they had a nasty tendency to make the guard seem alive as a cruel masquerade as they postured it as if it had fallen asleep on duty.

He also had to scan carefully for any traps. Including one time when a Storm Trooper stepped on a mine at a corridor Carrus had just cleared. Carrus heard a hiss on his vox. "Commissar, this way ain't clear." He heard it, heart started to go faster, he scanned quickly, then with quick gestures ordered everyone out of the way. Everyone moved except the trooper who stood calmly at the cleverly hidden mine. Carrus just glared at it. It gave no signature he could recognize, yet he had his bayonet in his hand as he carefully kneeled taking a closer look. With a not very happy look on his face he then barely audible to the trooper whispered to himself. "Dammit, it's a Jumping Jack." He got up, hefting his meltagun. "There goes you right leg, but in the name of the Emperor and Ommnisiah you shall get a new private Andrews." The fanatical Storm Trooper then whispered. "Amen commissar." Next he laid unconcious on the ground with a syringe sticking out of his neck, which he just seconds ago had removed the neck-collar of giving the young commissar free access to his veins. Carrus was already on the further into the complex having saved the life of the armoured man laying on the ground behind him injured but not fatally as he had just shot the leg of the trooper away.

Yet he without hesitation continued down the narrow badly-lit hallways made of dirt mainly though more and more were slowly becoming of the green-brown buildings above the ground and the resistance got stiffer. Which Carrus noted as he often had to prick at his vox and wait for Storm Troopers as they approached a room with a gilded door, a few dozen heavily armoured guards stood there. They knew they would take causalities as only Carrus carried a weapon that could take care of the autocannon-turrets. Carrus took point again after a quick conference with McHendrix. He were to advance to one of the turret, destroy the other then position himself at the other. That was achieved through their wordless conversation. He jumped up from the ditch where they had hidden, then raced over wrapped in his cloak turning him nigh-invisible. Finally he reached the flamboyantly dressed guards with masks of golden formed in golden pleasure. Carrus grabbed one of them intending to pull the mask off. To his horror he realized the mask was a part of the flesh. He instead snapped the neck making the head go 180 degrees where the head ended due to the forces involved and the desperation of Carrus as he tried to control the writhing cultist that did all he could to resist him. The next turret-guard came charging in, but Carrus stopped him easily by shooting the flambyantly clad thing down with a few las-bolts from his laspistol. Then he shot the opposing turret with his meltagun after he holstered the laspistol making a spectacular fireball, as only his instinctive dive for cover meant he escaped the inferno he suddenly created.

The opposing side unleashed a hailstorm of las- and bolter-bolts towards where Carrus was hiding. Only his cloak which he was tightly wrapped in as he crossed the marble-paved no-man's-land prevented Carrus from getting hit due to the opponents relying more on just firing randomly than anything else. It also helped Ionza were very active as well taking out any worshiper of Slaanesh exposing him- or herself with a shot just at the bridge of the nose, calmly mumbling to herself as she counted yet another kill. The Storm Troopers also poured in a precise hail of fire as well covering Carrus as he surged forward eventually he rolled back getting his melta into position, he saw over one hundred cultists covering near the tower. He opened up and it a casket of prrometium in the middle of the lot, it promptly exploded with the blast slinging Carrus away from the blast that then followed. He then saw over one hundred human candles screaming with ecstasy as they died on the marble-floor all with the twisted golden-masks who seemed welded to their faces in grotesque grins as well as being dressed in the usual flamboyant style Slaaneshi-worshipers did have so much pride in.

Carrus landed in the their trench spraying the inhabitants first with mud, then a split-second later he goaded his melta on to the hapless worshipers of Slaanesh, all melting in cries of ecstasy. He then threw the meltagun away. It clattered unceremoniously against the stonewall he had just jumped. He drew laspisol and chainsword in the shadow he was hiding in. Behind him he knew his loyal Storm Troopers were following him as a lasbolt from Ionza's longlas whizzled past his head too close for comfort hitting an opponent right in the throat with a hiss penetrating the armour with death almost painless. He just snarled as he saw more heavily armoured Slaaneshi worshipers coming down the trench. Immediately he was amongst them, striking like a shadow. They shot wildly more often hitting eachother or nothing as he took the full advantage of his cape while he butchered them with snarls of insults which nobody heard due to the noise the defenders made trying to catch him. More close up fire was poured in by both Ionza and the Storm Troopers who had thanks to the confusion Carrus had sown slinked into the trench-complex.

Everywhere laid the resulting slaughter the young man had carried out. Luckily for the Storm Troopers they couldn't see the twisted smiles of joy and pain under the golden masks. Carrus meanwhile continued inward often just turning up, butchering one or two Slaaneshi-followers in a party then disappearing into the shadows while the cultists began to fire wildly around while screaming in ecstasy and agony. Then came the Storm Troopers and mowed down the shattered remains which the young man had left behind. Carrus himself got deeper into the complex. Occasionally he came across opponents in the hallways leading to the trench, but those were rapidly dispatched with usually a fast shot from his laspistol or by him just closing the gap and eviscerating the foe with a rapid slash of his chainsword. Following him was the Storm Troopers who also was adept at close-combat with Ionza guarding the rear as their sniper.

Which came into play as she discovered Carrus' discarded meltagun. She whispered a few curses as she lifted up the heavy weapon before she handed it to a nearby Storm Trooper who just took it behind his shoulder as he was not wearing any ammunition for that weapon though he cut a face under the helmet as it was very heavy. Then he walked right before Ionza deeper in the hallway which quickly formed up despite the trench infront of it. The marble quickly reappeared and lined the sides with sparkling colors everywhere. Everyone had to concentrate just to walk in a straight line. The geometrical shapes on the walls, roof and floor was so beautiful, and only the slaughter Carrus had produced marred the beauty of the place.

Eventually the Storm Troopers made their way over to Carrus who had busied himself trying to open a large decorated black adamentum door. It was finely decorated in the well-lit corridor, with guards which Carrus had just quietly dispatched by sliding monofilament-knives into their throats, murdering them all without setting off the alert at that place. Immediately he got over to the bulky Storm Trooper carrying his meltagun. He rapidly recovered it, cradling it. Then he reloaded it and fired a few times at the door. Nothing happened. Just a few blast-marks appeared. "Looks like we must get a few meltabombs here. Commissar Carrus over and out." He entered the vox. Immediately the Storm Troopers with meltabombs started to rummage through their backpacks ringing up the bombs and before long time had passed they were at the door arming the bombs as the rest of the squad including Carrus rapidly was taking cover. He was right next to Jarcar. "Do you still feel the flow of the Warp behind the door Astropath?" He asked tersely. Jarcar merely nodded and Carrus showed in his expression he was not surprised, but he had hoped not to be involved further.

The Storm Troopers lined up the explosives, and not long after McHendrix gave the signal and the explosion shook the ground they stood upon, nevermind the loud bang it made. Almost as soon as it had happened Carrus leapt through the gap made by it, and entered into what could only be described as a beautiful garden with pretty flowers everywhere, the walls, was of exquisite marble draped in strong colors and full of sexually pleasing visions. Carrus on his part paid little heed to these pictures, but some of the Storm troopers had to be reminded by Ionza that they were to fear the commissar and psyker more than the temptation of Slaanesh by her presence as she for once choose to move relatively openly rather than remaining hidden in the shadows she loved so much doing. She looked closely at the psyker pushing aside her own liking for him. She watched him carefully for any signs of corruption like any commissar would despite the misgivings of her lover, Carrus. Yet she saw nothing that made Jarcar shifty in her eyes there he covered with his lasgun covering Carrus' back. Rather the opposite he conducted himself bravely and even with skill as he played part in the covering-game they elaborately exploited in order to cover the ground Carrus left exposed.

Carrus rapidly entered the room which the gigantic door had concealed. Soft colorful cushions adorned the sides of the room. It was brightly, yet not unpleasantly lit. Though no-one could determine the light-source. Everything was of fine quality, walls, floor, roof, even the purple carpet his combat-boots softly stepped on were of the finest quality. in the center of the room stood a naked woman. She was the prettiest human Carrus had ever seen. Purple hair to her buttocks, she smiled at Carrus, a smile that on the surface was warm and welcoming, but that filled the soul of any man watching it with nameless dread. Her eyes were golden. Then she turned totally to him. It was revealed she was a Daemonette. "Welcome Zachary Carrus and-" She begun her voice was like honey dipped in sugar, but Carrus just raised his meltagun and sent her back to the warp. "Psyker!" He roared. "Are there any more of these things here?" Just as he asked his instinct got him to sidestep. The Daemonette was back. Her claw was in the place he had just stood. He frantically yelled. "Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" While he scrambled to draw his laspistol and chainsword since his meltagun was at best a clumsy weapon while he dodged another strike from the Daemonette while he stood infront of the squad who equally desperately tried to close the gap against the daemon.

Carrus finally got his chainsword up, just in time to parry a blow which otherwise most likely would have impaled him. The Daemonette screamed as if she climaxed as the chainsword hissed and tore apart a large chunk of the claw. Yet Carrus being an inexperienced yet skilled fencer swiftly took up another defensive position, so he managed to dodge a savage kick from the two sharp claws on the daemon's feet. He immediately loosened off a few shots with his laspistol but even the ones that hit did little damage. The Daemonette charged in again now trying a hypnotic glare on him. The Rosarius expelled the spell in a shower of gold while he once more took up a defensive posture waiting for the daemon moving his chainsword in his boring defensive way. He then yelled. "Is that all you got foul being? I expected an actual challenge not some fumbling thing!" He cracked off a few more shots with his laspistol, most hit the Daemonette to little effect, but one opened up the gullet of the creature who just hissed in return, charged him just to be swept off it's feet by a counter-strike from Carrus' chainsword which he expertly moved in a broad strikes putting distance between himself and the enraged daemon. Yet he didn't dare do anything than to shoot some more at the Daemonette, but now gave Ionza a clear shot at it with her bolter. A golden flash flashed before the eyes of Carrus as Ionza pulled the trigger of her bolt pistol and shot the daemon with a blessed bullet.

She came up beside Carrus. "Watch out it will come again! Commissar Carrus, get your melta up, we will dispatch it with silver and fire! The bane of the daemon!" Ionza yelled it as she came up to Carrus who readied himself for it carefully taking aim at where the Daemonette last had been seen. It didn't go long until the daemon came sizzling back to life again. Carrus and Ionza pulled the trigger of their guns as one, and the Daemonette screamed in horror and pain as she got banished back to the warp for a really long time due to the potent combination silver and fire has in fighting things magical.

He turned halfway around to the squad of Storm Troopers with a crooked smile. He then yelled. "Psyker, are the energy you sensed gone now?" Before the psyker could answer a hidden door opened. Out stepped a wild-haired rather old woman, her wrinkled face was formed in a scowl. In her hand she brandished a boltgun. She fired a shot at Carrus who immediately was sent flying. Then she took a step into the room clad in the usual skimpy clothes that were customary for all priestesses of Slaanesh. She screamed. "Back to the pit of Hell you came from!" Carrus coffed up blood as he had just hit the wall. She took aim at him a second time. Immediately Ionza and the rest of the Storm Troopers opened up at her. Her body was convulsing in the storm of lasgun-fire it faced, while Ionza's bolts blasted off limb after limb. The Imperial Guard-personnel kept up firing until Carrus roared out. "Cease fire- *He interrupted himself coffing up some blood.* Cease frakking fire, she is dead now!" Just as they stopped firing the body dropped to the ground. While he kneeling opened up his jacket and quickly examined if his cerapace armour had been penetrated. Ionza immediately rushed over to him. Hand went into jacket-pocket as she rummaged through it for the right syringe.

Carrus just smiled. "No need to-" That was as far as he got before Ionza sat a syringe with some sedatives into his neck, as she snapped. "Evacuate Commissar Carrus immediately! Medivac" She then headed over to the vox-caster as more experienced medics handled Carrus over onto a stretcher. "Any contact with the outside down here Master-Voxer?" She threw a salute as she asked as McHendrix was heard giving orders in the background. The salute was answered, and the voxer just shook his head where he stood towering over her. She just said. "Master-Voxer go to the surface and vox in a medivac-Valkyrie ASAP." He just saluted her and walked outside with two other members. She then went over to the Astropath. "Do you sense any more of that presence Astropath?" He smiled weakly at her as she wasn't as harsh to him as Carrus who always worried he would turn against them. "Some Commissar Ionza." She sighed and blew her hair from her eyes as she shifted her weapons from bolt pistol and powered sword to her longlas. "Anything you can do Astropath?" He shook his head. "I'm not that kind of psyker Commissar Ionza, maybe that High Inquisitor could do it."

She looked a little dejected, then nodded to McHendrix who through the vox-set roared. "Everyone out of this hole now. Captain McHendrix over and out!" With that they all started the long way up with Ionza leading the way as Carrus already was on the way out guarded by the vox-caster and his two guards.

Finally the squad led by McHendrix reached the surface. They all showed hushed sign of relief as they saw the Imperial Guard in all it's glory had conquered the forgotten city in the jungle. Ionza just waved the squad with her and headed over to the remainder of the squad and Natrax who stood with other high-ranking officers of the Freudakian PDF, in their drab camouflage-uniforms, yet their advanced war-gear meant they would be easily spotted by any sniper. She immediately waved them on to follow her as well as in the corner of her eye she saw the medivac-Valkyrie fly away against the clear blue skies. She then went forth to greet Natrax who was in a discussion with the officers. She just barged in, throwing a quick salute. "Commissar Michelle Ionza reporting in and using commissarial overrides." She barked the command right in the face of Natrax. "Everyone is to be evacuated from this city in T minus fifteen minutes, perimeter set at five hundred kilometers from the outskirts of the city." Natrax jumped and looked startled at her who came with the Astropath at her side. He then said. "Have you gone mad commissar? We can't do that-"

Ionza just cut him off. "This is to be done ASAP, I have used commissarial overrides, the Inquisition will be called for this one, I'm calling Code Red Alert. I repeat Headmaster James Natrax, I'm calling Code Red Alert. All personnel is to evacuate ASAP by order of commissar Michelle Ionza!" She roared the order. Then she said to Natrax. "Make sure this is followed, I'm gonna order in a melta-torpedo in T minus thirty minutes." She turned to walk away. But before long she turned saying as she relinquished her weapons to the closest Storm Trooper-sergeant. "Everyone who has been underground are to be suspended from active duty and disarmed right now, including myself. Quarantine is in effect, exposure to the Ruinous powers have happened and we are to be investigated and if found impure, purged." With that the Storm Troopers pointed their weapons on the team that had been underground and they soon found themselves lying on the ground with Ionza face down, hands handcuffed on their backs. She smiled over the harsh measures even herself went through as she saw the city rapidly getting evacuated, and heard Natrax order in melta-torpedoes to finish the job off. Ten minutes later she was with the rest of the squad including Jarcar on the way home to the Schola Freudakia with harsh guards denying them even the right to speak as they sat pretty much chained up in the prison-Valkyrie.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Days later Ionza was shackled up as she in a loose orange prison-uniform was being guided to the interrogation-room by the Skitarii or the Inquisitorial prison at the Schola Freudakia. The glum hallways with many locked metal-door grinned menacing at her, yet she walked down the corridor with absolute confidence as she was all but certain she would pass any tests of purity since the Rosarius and her own formidable willpower should be enough to contain even that exposure to the warp. At the door she recognized the servitor. She was a former classmate of her. Carrus had ordered her getting drafted into the Skitarii for tech-heresy, which most likely meant she had frakked up somewhat with her weapon infront of him since he hadn't put her to death on the spot. Which was basically treating the weapon a tad roughly when not on the field of battle. She smiled without pleasure at her former friend as she passed her. All she got in return was a blank stare. There were no recognition in the dead eyes of the teenage robot-girl.

She was goaded into the cell, then the Skitarii attached her hand- and footcuffs to the table. The dark-grey table was cold to feel at. She looked over at Harken, Natrax and McLandi. Normally sitting with those three would make her very easy of mind. Now not so much as she peered up at their hardened faces and immaculate uniforms. They looked more like they were going on a military-parade than conduction a potentially violent interview with one of their favorite students. McLandi hit the switch at the servitor attached to the wall. The robotic thing came back to life. Ionza saw it draw breath and the machines inside it hissed a bit. It was hideous, black with red glaring eyes just activated. Parchment strewed out from where the belly of the human once were.

Pressing a button at the chest of the servitor McLandi said. "Captain and Drill-Abbess Latiffa McLandi is present at the First Action regarding Operation Storming Jungle City." She stopped speaking as the harsh voice of Harken opened up. "Lord Cpommissar Nathan Harken is present to the debriefing of commissar Michelle Michelle Ionza." Then Natrax spoke as he straightened his fine colorful robe spoke. "Headmaster and Missionary James Natrax am also present." Then he paused a little. "State your name, rank and service-number commissar-cadet." Ionza gave him a short nod. "Cadet-commissar Michelle Ionza. Service-number: 993-887-122. Shall I state where we are as well or will you do the honor sir? *She glanced up at the stern black man sitting in the gold-rimmed robe. He gave a slight nod.* We are at the Inquisitorial Prison at Schola Freudakia."

Then the interview continued as Natrax said. "State your actions and intents commissar Michelle Ionza." Surprisingly there were no warmth in the voice of Natrax, which baffled both Ionza and McLandi visibly. Harken then shot in. "Wow Headmaster, you managed to sound neutral during that." He was equally baffled, which showed in his own expression in the depressingly lit room. Natrax just nodded then gestured to Ionza to continue talking. That she did as she said. "I assume you have read my combat-report. *All three of the senior officers nodded as she without chaning expression or tune continued.* I wrote down what I did, including over one hundred kills of worshipers of the Ruinous Powers. And our actions in stopping the demonic influence underneath the Jungle-City." She looked blankly into the eyes of McLandi as she then said. "I guess you will soon have a psyker testing me for taint of the Ruinous Powers sirs and ma'am?" Natrax answered. "That's the procedure commissar Ionza." She nodded then turned to Harken who sat in the middle of the three officers in his brightly colored commissar-uniform completely unlike the bland black uniform he liked to wear in the field. Calmly she asked. "Could I at least get a lho-rod Lord Commissar?"

He smiled sad back as he reached into the jacket, and presented a rod-case. It was made from fine silver. He opened it and she plucked a lho-rod out from it noting the engraving of the Emperor on the cover. That was in gold, it was of exquisite quality. She lent forward letting her mentor and suprior light her lho-rod. She looked worried at the three officers. "How many of the squad have died sirs and ma'am?" Ionza asked not even changing expression as the answer came. "Three including scout-captain McHendrix have been found tainted and been purged." The answer from Natrax was flat and calm. Ionza looked at him. He was calm on the surface as he said it, but she knew him well enough to know he didn't at all relish this situation, especially as the Ruinous Powers were a growing concern with the madness it caused. "Jarcar the Astropath passed the test?" She halfway asked and halfway stated. "With flying colors commissar." She sighed and took a good long smoke of the lho-rod as she sat on the uncomfortable steel-chair leaning on her elbows on the table. "I'm glad he passed, as an Astropath is hard to come by and a valuable asset for the Emperor and we his servants."

Harken smirked. "Yeah an Astropath is indeed a valuable asset for the Emperor on the Golden Throne. *They all made the aquila as Harken mentioned the Emperor.* But so is a commissar-in-training, and we will mind-probe you as gently as we can with two Astropaths right now if you permits cadet-commissar." Ionza just nodded, and Harken got up, she shuddered a little as she saw the large chainsword and unholstered laspistol realizing that McLandi and Natrax also had weapons they were prepared to shoot her with if she was found to be impure. Then she saw Harken open the black metal-door and in came two misshapen Astropath with artificial bug-eyes. They were dressed in the green robes of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica. They shambled forward leaning on their staffs. Ionxza knew they likely were only twice her age, yet they looked like they were twice that age with their wrinkled and strained faces, their hands were already showing signs of gout as they shivered a little and had the customary slowness the ailment brings.

"Lets get this over with then." She said it, trying to think of the Emperor in his glory on the Golden Throne. Instead she managed only to think about her boyfriend wounded as he were. The pair of psykers then concentrated on her and gently probed into her mind searching for corruption. After a little while the tallest one said with a bit of strain as Ionza was not the most cooperative target. "She is clean as far as corruption from the Ruinous Powers are concerned." The voice was metallic from his voice-box. Harken and McLandi walked around the table, placing themselves on either side of her, while their hands fumbled up keys to the cuffs. Soon they were releasing her getting off the heavy plasteel cuffs which fell to the floor with loud clanks. Harken looked sternly at Ionza, then he gave her his laspistol while he glared into her eyes. "Take the Astropaths to the medical ward and check up on commissar Carrus commissar Ionza." She looked back into his eyes saying calmly. "Yes sir." Then she waved with her the two Astropaths and started heading towards the infirmary with the Astropaths in tow.

They headed down the well-lit dark walled hallways, going past the inhuman combat-servitors positioned at key junctions occasionally supplanted by human guards. Though they were slowly being phased out for the conforming nature of the less human servants of the Emperor of Mankind. They unlike the men and woman of flesh didn't mind the tediousness of standing guard. They didn't need variation of their daily routine. A smile played across the face of the petite woman as she produced a hallway-pass to one of the few human guards, that rapidly checked her as he was suspicious of her still in prison-garment running armed in the hallways. A nervous looking rather large chap in the grey-green cerapace-uniform of a Storm Trooper-sergeant stood guard with a few combat-servitors which had bolters jutting out from where they bellies ought to once have been, with powered fists displacing the arms of the once human hosts. Ionza smiled bleakly at the machine-things. Only Carrus felt completely at ease with the half-human cyborgs on metal legs which looked faintly like Necrons. "H-halt there commissar." The large man said with kind of a shuddering voice.

Ionza just smiled at him, as the combat-servitors took aim at her and the psykers. "Commissar Carrus has given specific orders that the psykers under no circumstances shall not have a guard of four men each as escort commissar Ionza." She stretched as the unblinking bionic red eye of the Storm Trooper scanned her. "Don't you scan med sarge!" Ionza snapped. "No commissar." The sergeant quickly answered where he stood with his hotshot lasgun at the ready as he looked down on the curves which even the baggy prison-uniform couldn't conceal. "Do you mind if I call for the squad now commissar?" Ionza sighed. "I was under the assumption that they were already called, and mind you the psykers are being watched by a commissar and for my clothing, just been relieved from suspension." The sergeant nodded then headed over to the voxophone, he dialed quickly to the Storm Trooper-facility. "Sergeant Igon Freygar here, I need two squads for escorting a psyker at Checkpoint Halden at the third floor in the Inquisitorial prison. Over." The answer came back with a hiss easily audible for Ionza and the Astropaths. "The escort will head out ASAP sergeant Freygar, just tell the psykers to keep put."

Ionza then turned to the two psykers. "Looks like we have some waiting time lads." Before any of them answered Freygar blabbed. "You-you actually t-talk to the psykers?" Ionza looked back at him while she played a little with her long black silky hair. "Sure I do. They can be actually be nice to chat with." Freygar looked perplexed back as he mumbled. "Commissar Carrus doesn't say-" Ionza cut him off, secretly relishing in watching Freygar squirm under her gaze. "Commissar Carrus ain't here, and he has a very different experience with the psykers." She then smiled softly making Freygar relax. "Of course, chatting with psykers are only permitted for NCOs and up, never let a private chat with the psykers." She saw him be a little less tense at her presence as he said with slightly less strain in his voice. "Ma'am, both commissar Carrus and Lord Commissar Harken have said in no terms that are uncertain that the psykers shall not be addressed by anyone not a commissar." Ionza merely scratched her chin as she stretched a little still holding the laspistol, then she said. "I guess you are right sarge. You have served alongside commissar Carrus on occasion, right?"

"That is correct ma'am. He is a fine soldier if I might say so and have saved my life once already." The sergeant said flustered, even blushing a little. "What happened sarge?" Ionza looked pensively at him as she said that. Then he said as he pointed to his bionic laser-eye. "I took a too close look at an orkish chainaxe, and the commissar came up from behind and killed the ork in a grisly fashion with his chainsword ma'am." Ionza nodded as she said in a low voice. "That sounds like commissar Carrus." She closed her eyes remembering back to the dreadful battle against the orks. It was no glamour in it. Just cruel death at both sides, she shot so many Gretchin that day that she had to settle for a regular lasgun which she snatched of the body of a dead Storm Trooper. She remembered how she ended up falling back for days in the hellish jungle when the Storm Trooper snapped her out of her chain of thoughts with his enthusiastic. "Commissar Carrus is a true Imperial hero and a very modest one at that as he like any true hero of the Emperor refused any medals instead caring for the injured men under his supervision." Ionza swallowed heavily and then pretended to be coffing getting her hands up concealing her smirk as she didn't want Freygar to know her own thoughts about Carrus' modesty.

"Are you alright commissar?" Freygar asked with a concerned look on his face. Ionza just coffed then she said. "I'm fine Sarge, i just swallowed wrongly." She glanced at the white wall-clock. Only minutes had lapsed. Then to her surprise she heard. "Do you think commissar Carrus would be up for a fencing-session commissar?" She closed her eyes. "Ehm...he fights with a chainsword, that's a completely different beast than a powered sword sarge." She saw the disappointment the Storm Trooper had across his face, though she made a mental note that he had an excellent poker-face as she then said. "I shall check with him, maybe he has time for it." Then she lighted up her bright cheery smile as she said. "I would be happy to spar with you as you doubtlessly have sparred with Drill-Abbess McLandi sarge." He smirked at the lithe woman infront of him, then he said. "Of course commissar that would be an honor." Ionza nodded as she heard the heavy boots on stone, she knew the escort was approaching. It has been an honor speaking with you sarge, but I must get going. See ya around." She threw a sloppy salute his way, which was stiffly returned.

The Storm Troopers that were gonna escort the psykers arrived. A broad-shouldered woman stepped forward with a barely visible corporal-ensigma on her heavy cerapace shoulder-pad, Ionza looked a her metallic face, metal had replaced over half her face as instead of eyes she had two lasers gleaming menacingly. She was of average height for a woman, yet still was tall compared to Ionza, who saluted them sloppily with a crooked smile as she said before the woman could bellow out her part of them having come and she was reporting in. "Glad to see you guys." She waved them with her as she walked past the checkpoint trailed by the two Astropaths. "Follow me." Several of the Storm Troopers didn't even get time to return the salute she had given them which made sure nervous whispering and glances for the subordinate males happened as they walked to the prison-infirmary with the Storm Troopers trailing Ionza and the psykers.

Looking a bit nervous Ionza turned to the closest and tallest of the Astropaths, she thought it loud enough for the Astropaths to sense that thought even though they weren't currently in screening-modus. "What is the odds of Carrus being corrupted?" The answer came back very quickly telepathically. "Exceedingly small commissar, he has a strong mind and a Rosarius to protect him." None of the Storm Troopers picked up anything of course, and had they Ionza knew they would be mind-scrubbed. She was glad the baggy prison-uniform hid that her hairs stood on edge as she thought of how brutal a procedure mind-scrubbing were. She closed her eyes for a moment vividly remembering her first mind-scrubbing where she ended up shooting the subject of it. First the man, a heroic officer of Schola Freudakia was put in under at the harsh orders of Lord Commissar Nathan Harken. Then he was sedated and cryo-frozen in the cryo-freeze-facility under the prison. She hated the place. People were kept alive in cryo-sleep until the time to wake them up had come. The place was dark with combat-servitors covering everything. It was Carrus' doing all of it. Then with the cooperation of Adeptus Telepathica the Astropaths was involved.

Two of them came, cyborgs. Half man, half machine. They entered in the green robes of the Astropaths. She followed in her full regalia as a commissar, laspistol unholstered, her sleek powered rapier ready to been drawn and to strike down the tainted if he or she resisted. The subject was fastened to a chair, preliminary brain-washing had already been in effect, she remembered the blank eyes of the subject, dried blood had dripped down from the ears of the subject. He was a man in his early thirties, not unattractive, maybe a little on the round side, though he didn't look bad where he sat chained to the metal-table, a gigantic pictcaster was infront of him. He had been tortured severely for getting too much knowledge. Psykers had already been inside his head, changing things, distorting memories, making things not even remotely involving including the Ruinous Powers muddled. He mumbled, something incoherent. Something about his daughter and wife. But he had them confused, she saw it in his eyes he was dead inside, then she looked at the monstrosity they called an Astropath. He knew what she meant, giving her a short but sharp nod. Hand went onto the laspistol. She drew it without effort. Then she said. “I will do you a favor soldier. I will give you the Emperor's Peace.” Then she shot him squarely in the heart.

She smiled, it was a good death, the death of an officer. He couldn't help it that he once were an Imperial hero, then stumbled upon something he shouldn't see. She remembered his face clearly, and his name. She knew of worse ways to go, far worse than a shot to the heart. She also remembered when Harken tried to assign Carrus to execute the officer. Lieutenant Lionel Daniels. He was thirty-four. A highly decorated member of the Schola Freudakia Storm Troopers. And a personal friend and teacher of Carrus. She and Harken was sharing fine wine when an adjutant came up to them. he squirmed under their fellow gazes, She always found that funny how most people squirmed under her gaze alone, nevermind the gaze of two commissars. She remembered he stuttering a little as he announced with his harsh baritone voice while he looked a little pale at them both in his Storm Trooper-outfit. "Commissar Carrus is here Lord Commissar. *He saw Ionza shift a little in the comfortable leather-chair she was seated in* And ma'am, of course." She smirked at him as the sweat-pearls were dripping down the chin of the man. Harken answered with his harsh bass. "So send him in then for the Emperor's sake."

The man looked down into the red, golden-frilled silk-carpet. "The commissar was very insistent on talking to you alone Lord Commissar." He shivered a little, as if he expected to have the snot kicked out of him now. Ionza picked up the vibe immediately making her voice needlessly sweet. "Relax soldier, good messengers are hard to come by, and commissar Carrus confesses everything he experiences to me anyway. So send him in." She immediately turned to her her superior who was busy pouring himself fine Freudakian Red. "Right sir?" He just grunted as he didn't even bother to answer the question just giving something that resembled a nod. She crossed her legs as she sat there infront of the fine, oval-shaped glass-table with gold furnishing, wine-glass in hand. "Just bring us the commissar anyway soldier. *She then turned to Harken.* Have you assigned commissar Carrus to another psyker-squad Lord Commissar? *She stretched and yawned a little where she sat in her colorful uniform with medals adorning her chest.* You know he hates that Lord Commissar." She spoke with her voice low and reasonable. Harken answered, his words were a bit slutty. "I have assigned commissar Carrus to be the lead commissar in the task of mind-scrubbing lieutenant Daniels."

Ionza looked at him with a crooked smile. "Again? And you surely know how close they are. *She smirked as she raised a finger* And if memory serves, didn't he protest the decision Lord Commissar?" Harken smirked as he got seated in the comfortable burgundy-colored leather-chair, the medals across his barrel-chest momentarily blinding Ionza as he was wearing his full colorful commissaral regalia. "That's indeed right commissar Ionza. He protested giving actually good professional ground like the merit of the soldier in question, that he is a stable family-man, is very committed to the Emperor. *At which point they both made the aquila.* And he is a Drill-Abbott, so he has passed some stringent tests commissar." Ionza looked flabbergasted at Harken, as she said. "By the Emperor, he left out the most important thing-" She was then interrupted by Harken. "What is it, spit it out commissar." Ionza looked smugly on her superior as she calmly said. "I was getting to it sir. Lieutenant Daniels is a close associate of commissar Carrus and one of his main teachers." Harken rose just as Carrus walked over to them, also in his brightly colored commissarial regalia with the usual chestful of medals most Imperial officers were so found of wearing.

Harken arose, pointing an accusing finger. "Commissar you have been holding back on me!" Carrus just threw a stiff salute to him which was returned. Then he said. "What do you mean Lord Commissar?" Harken then said, still standing, his eyes boring into the eyes of the young cadet before him. "The part where you had that close personal relationship with lieutenant Daniels." Carrus looked surprised back. "Sir, I sent you the file of my teachers to you at the start of the this for four months ago. You approved every single Drill-Abbott and Abbess." Harken's face went through a few colors before he regained his composure. "Apologies commissar, the error is mine then, but you should still have pointed this out as I'm the principal of thousands of commissarial cadets." Carrus looked at his superior as he said. "With all due respect sir, but you are still unfair. You personally told me to never mention the personal relationships when it regarded myself to you as you perceived that as unprofessional. *He then took a breath and quoted from the Tacticia Imperalis* Article 555 Officers cannot demand their subordinates to disobey a direct order when the officer knew or should have known about the facts in question."

Harken got seated scratching the back of his ear. "I guess you are correct commissar. *He then sighed* Amazing what you kids know today. You quoted that article perfectly. I remember it." Ionza took a sip from her wine-glass while she motioned to Carrus to get to the cup-board and get his own wine-glass. Then she said. "You know how diligent commissar Carrus is to the Imperial Creed Lord Commissar." Carrus meanwhile went over to the nicely decorated oaken cupboard, opening the engraved door to it, getting out a ice crystal wine-glass, then he joined Ionza and Harken by pushing a third rather nice chair into position at the table, then he sat down at it. "Thank you for the compliment Lord Commissar, but I wanted to discuss my workload. *The Lord Commissar made a gesture for him to go on, and he licked his lips before he continued.* I want to discuss the amount of work I'm having to do here. I mean you are seriously considering sending me out on a three month long jungle-patrol with Drill-Abbess McLandi Lord Commissar?" Harken looked a bit surprised at Carrus. "I was sure it was only two weeks commissar and you can bring commissar Ionza with you." Ionza then said. "We are seeing much action and we still have education to catch up on. We have already large holes on theoretical matters sir. I suggest you should suspend us from participating in any military matters for a full year."

Harken made a cruel smile. "I know you have a heavy schedule commissar, so I denied the request even as it were from McCoy personally. I will sic commissar Donal instead. *Then he stretched, mumbled "The Emperor's blood." and took a sip of the wine-glass* You will be in the field from time to time. The Storm Troopers requests you and you are Imperial heroes commissars, but I shall see if I can suspend some of the more extreme and time-consuming operations." Carrus mumbled "The Emperor's blood." as he took a good sip from his wine-glass then he looked straight at Harken. "Yeah we are Imperial heroes and everyone feels a bit safer with me and commissar Ionza around as not long ago a squad of Storm Troopers thought my presence alone would stop a Squiggoth in it's tracks-" Ionza cut Carrus off. "But you stopped it commissar Carrus. I was even there where you heroically stopped it by drawing it with you into that ravine." Harken then butted in. "Remember you got that medal for that effort, and it takes guts getting a Squiggoth to chase you." Carrus just looked incredulously on his mentor and girlfriend, he did a good job hiding his true feelings as he said. "I guess you are right. *He got up his wine-glass.* The Emperor's blood commissars." They calmly returned the favor mumbling "The Emperor's blood." As they toasted.

"But what about the mind-scrubbing of lieutenant Daniels Lord Commissar? Who do you want doing it?" Ionza looked pensive at Harken, who looked smugly over at her as he said. "You will commissar Ionza." Carrus meanwhile looked anything but pleased as he ignited a lho-rod. Ionza twisted a little in the luxurious chair. "I will do as the Lord Commissar commands." She deliberately said it with as little joy that she could muster in her voice. Carrus picked it up as he said. "You don't have to hide your excitement over performing an execution from me commissar Ionza." The voice was surprisingly cold to her. Ionza immediately looked shocked over at him. "You know I don't look forward to executing anyone. We have had cadets like that at this Schola they ended up as combat-servitors." Harken then cut in. "I think you should apologize to commissar Ionza commissar Carrus, though I choose you as my favorite executioner because you treat it as a religious ceremony." Carrus immediately said. "I'm so sorry commissar Ionza, I didn't mean to wound your feelings." Ionza smiled as she said. "No harm done commissar Carrus, and I don't look forward to the execution, and I plan to give him an officer's death and tell that to his family if he should be deemed unclean in the eyes of the Emperor and his most holy Astropaths." As usual they all made the aquila when the Emperor was mentioned.

"That sounds like a good idea, and what I would have done commissar Ionza. *Carrus then turned to Harken.* I support Ionza as the commissar to oversee the mind-scrubbing of lieutenant Daniels Lord Commissar." Harken smiled as he said. "Thank you for the support commissar, but I'm afraid I must dismiss you both now. I have important things to discuss with Headmaster Natrax." He got up, and handed Ionza the bottle. "You have a week's vacation from your official duties commissars, enjoy it." Then he made a stiff salute both returned with wide grins just like he himself smiled. Ionza herself smiled over this happy memory just as they made their way into the true infirmary inside the Inquisitorial Prison at the Schola Freudakia. A passing nurse-warden was stopped by her. She looked squarely into the eyes of the much taller woman. "I'm commissar Ionza and I demand to know where commissar Carrus is being held. The answer from the coarsely voiced woman came quickly. "He is in the Cellar." Ionza looked flabbergasted on her. "You put him in the Cellar where all the extremely dangerous people are put?" The woman tersely answered. "Doctor Hamilton thought it was for the better, and commissar Carrus is indeed a serious threat if he goes rogue if I might say commissar Ionza." Ionza just shrugged and showed the sign of dismissal to the nurse-warden.

Ionza with her entourage went towards an elevator, they had a solemn mood as Carrus was an Imperial hero and they knew they might had to kill him. Ionza tried her best to keep the spirits up while she cracked a few jokes as they went along, but little laughter followed as they entered the black rather murky looking elevator. Interesting everyone of the party fit into it, though it confines was quite cramped as Ionza entered it last and punched in the clearances so it descended to the Cellar where the most dangerous prisoners were hold. Just as the elevator stopped and the door opened stood doctor Max Hamilton with about a dozen Storm Troopers and a few Skitariii, though not in an offensive manner. Ionza stepped out of the elevator giving him her customary death-glare. To her surprise he didn't flinch at all, instead the pale, scrawny-looking middle-aged man with glasses and a receding hairline said. "Nurse-Warden Kelly has alerted me to your presence commissar. And also about your reservations about my decision of having commissar Carrus in one of the the Space Marine-cells." Ionza looked extremely surprised at him. "You have my boy in the Space Marine-lockup doctor?" She showed herself angry which was evident in her voice.

Hamilton responded in his bland baritone voice. "Indeed I did, as I consider commissar Carrus more dangerous if going rogue than even an Eversor due to he has actually taken out Genestealers and Ork Warbosses in close combat." They walked together as he continued. "I would do the same to you, the Lord Commissar, Drill Abbess McLandi and Headmaster Natrax as well if any suspicion was there." Ionza nodded and changed her tune. "Apologies doctor Hamilton, I didn't think commissar Carrus was so dangerous." They walked with the Storm Troopers, Astropaths and Skitarii in tow through the murky passageways where the most threatening inmates of the Inquisition were held on Freudakia as Hamilton answered. "That's okay commissar Ionza, I actually expected as much from you. But regarding Carrus, he has been good and patient with the situation." Ionza smiled as she said. "That's good doctor, and I'm glad that was cleared up, but a Space Marine-cell doctor? Isn't that a little overkill?" Her voice were cheery again. Hamilton looked tersely at Ionza as he said. "No commissar, commissar Carrus is lethally dangerous so he will stay in such a cell until you and those psykers of you have cleared him."

"Okay, well he is a free man, and have been clean of physical taint I assume doctor?" Ionza asked the tempestuous doctor. He sent her an icy stare saying. "I know it's a tempting question to ask young lady, but you just asked if I was incompetent. Was he found tainted I would personally have put him down." Ionza shrugged as she said. "I guess so, but I had to ask. Every commissar nevermind military officer would have asked the question." Hamilton just shrugged and grunted. "Get this over with, it's too crowded down here anyway." As he drew his key-card from his doctor-coat and pressed it into the chest of a combat-servitor guarding a huge black adamentum-door in the black cellar with tracked combat-servitors everywhere with their inhuman forms on tracks, weapons in the chest pointing inwards towards the inmates. The door slid open. More combat-servitors of inhuman design were there, they were geared for close-combat with powered fists and power swords replacing hands. The lights from the ceiling blinked down on them high above them. It was built for Space Marines, not humans which dwarfed even the combat-servitors there. Hamilton and Ionza continued forwards as Hamilton said to Ionza.

"Commissar Carrus is laying in the inner-most sanctum of the Cellar-Hospital commissar." His voice was emotionless as always. Ionza merely answered. "Okay doctor." As they walked forward towards it in the black halls lined by black adamentum doors. Monstrous combat-servitors were lining the walls down there displaying much and many heavy weapons of every kind. Jutting out from their chests just like they jutted out from the walls were heavy bolters, lascannons, multimedias (though they tended to be placed close to the entrance and exit) and other assorted heavy guns. This was where they kept the truly dangerous Space Marines (had they had any), even Ionza didn't feel too good about this place, but that she didn't show as Hamilton drawing a third key-card activated the monstrous servitor outside Carrus' cell with it saying. "The commissar and the psykers enters, the rests waits here." Ionza noted how the Storm Troopers who had been with Hamilton expertly took up positions covering eachother just in case Carrus had been corrupted. With a simple hand-gesture she signaled her own Storm Troopers to join them which they did taking up positions of mutual cover often behind the combat-servitors ruthlessly using them as cover.

Ionza with the two Astopaths entered the simple black cell with the lighting casting long shadows since the light-bulbs were behind thick plasglass. She saw Carrus laying there on the slab covered by a duvet and with his head on a pillow. She knew he was fed intravenously as he had needles jutting out from his arm with vials of unknown liquid in them and tubes led from his underbody. He looked with a slurred glance at Ionza as he said with a sleepy voice. "Hi darling, you didn't need to bring any friends, you know I can frak your brains out on your own." He giggled in a dull manner. "Curses, that quack has spiked your food." She got onto the large slate Carrus was laying upon, she gently caressed his cheek, then she hissed to the Astropaths. "Get to work, mind-probe him and report your findings to me." They did that immediately, Carrus screamed as his mind was penetrated. But in his drugged state he had little resitance to offer to the Astropaths. A few seconds later the tallest one said with his metallic clanky voice. "Good news commissar, commissar Carrus is clean." Ionza smiled briefly. Then she said. "Did you hear that doctor, Carrus is clean?" The doctor pressed a button on the combat-servitor and then said. "I canceled the drugs as soon as I heard the psyker say his piece. commissar."

Ionza then replied. "Good, I assume you will arrange for him to be transfered to the regular hospital doctor." The doctor sounding as blazed as always responded with. "Of course commissar. I will arrange it immediately, so you two can share the same bed tonight." Ionza with the psykers in tow walked out of the cell. She turned to the doctor as she was about to enter the elevator. "Thank you for the treatment of commissar Carrus doctor Hamilton." He shrugged. "He was a patient, but I'm glad he was clean, but you see my case, I have to assume the worst in any case, and I hope I don't have to see either of you again unless it's official business commissar." He then to Ionza's surprise made a military salute just as the elevator-doors closed.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A few hours later Ionza entered the white marble-walled complex that was the hospital of the Schola Freudakia, though that was on the inside. The Outside was a black bunker-like complex with blast-doors of adamentum just like everything else at the depressing place. Rain was splashing down at the windows as she entered it in a skimpy red pvc-tubedress, with a big smile across her face. She straightened the skimpy dress a bit as she went to the desk. "Can I please get the location of where commissar Carrus is held?" She asked pleasantly the reception-guy. The barrel-chested guy who Ionza took a mental note of served better as a handsome actor than anything else said calmly with a low baritone voice. "Commissar Carrus is interned at the fourth floor at the detox-facility." Ionza then said. "Thank you." And swiftly made her way to the grey elevator. Here the combat-servitors were fewer and farther inbetween. White-coated doctors and nurses milled around the place often mumbling important diagnostic things to themselves. Ionza just straightened her skimpy dress as she made it towards the steel-grey elevator. Then she suddenly met McLandi, dressed in her dress-uniform. Medals was chestful as would be expected for such a lady of war. She looked surprised down at Ionza, thought with a little smirk as she said.

"Commissar Michelle Ionza, you are totally out of uniform." Ionza wiggled a bit under the gaze of her mentor blushing a little, then she shook her head violently before she said. "I so didn't expect to see you here ma'am." McLandi looked quizzically at her as she said. "What do you mean commissar?" Ionza just let her hands wander over her shapely figure under the skimpy dress saying. "What do you think ma'am? I thought I would get commissar Carrus for myself." McLandi finally got what she was thinking of saying. "Oh I'm sorry commissar Ionza, I will leave and give you a day-" Ionza cut her off. "Make it two, as I need time with my boyfriend ma'am." She smirked, which was returned along with a deft military salute which Ionza clumsily returned. She then entered the elevator still straightening the red clingy dress. She closed her overly makeup-laiden eyes hoping Carrus wouldn't mind her in the sexy outfit where she stood with thigh-high boots and everything in the elevator straightening the skimpy dress. The doors opened, and she strolled past teams of doctors and other medical staff, all darting out of her ways in the brightly lit white-marbled corridor as she as fast as her high heels could move her in the small clothes she were wearing could move her.

She finally reached the room Carrus was in after asking a nurse that pointed her in the direction. She knocked on the door, Carrus was sitting in the bed reading The Commissar Weekly. A magazine full of useful tips and winks for commissars. He was grinning over the latest tip as he heard the knock. "Enter!" He called out. In came Ionza, she smiled at her boyfriend then she said. "I can't believe doctor Hamilton treated you in that disrespectful manner, having you confined to the prison-ward and souped up on drugs." Carrus looked calmly back at her as he laid the magazine on the steel night-table next to the hospital-bed. He replied. "Doctor Hamilton did what he thought was for the better, and remember he has over one hundred years of experience handling dangerous things." Ionza pouted as she got next to the bed. "But he didn't even flinch when I gave him my death-glare." Carrus just snickered as he said. "The man has stared down traitor Space Marines and Eversors, our death-glares only scares the easily intimidated." Then he smelled at Ionza. "Mmmm I like your perfume and your dress as she sat down on the bed and kissed him.

"I don't know if we should do it now. You know the secret-thing." Carrus sounded a bit nervous as Ionza gently kissed him more. "Everyone knows we are together even in the whole system nevermind at the Schola." Carrus grinned over the comment as he said. "My head is still spinning darling, just wait a little." He took her hands gently and put in her lap, while he said. "Plus we must talk about something dear." Ionza looked a tad disappointed as she said. "Sure talk away, but can't we combine a good shag with talking." She smiled at him saying. "It worked in the past." Carrus shook his head stating. "We will soon go home to my home-planet Ciralix, and we need to maybe formalize our relationship since I'm slated to take over control of the planet and avoid an arranged marriage." Ionza giggled as she said. "Yeah I can imagine your happy reaction, dangling the bride to be out from the porch." Carrus just shrugged as he replied. "I won't dangle the poor bride to be. The moron suggesting it on the other side..." Ionza heaved her head backwards closing her eyes as she laughed a pleasant laughter, which Carrus rapidly picked up on as he said. "Yeah you would like that, wouldn't you Michelle?"

Ionza responded with. "Oh hell yeah, I always like you defending me." Carrus just made a wicked smile as he leaned forward kissing her while he let his muscular arms caress her she while he groped her tits said. "We have much time on our hands, I just talked to Drill-Abbess McLandi and got us two days of vacation." Carrus stopped groping her though his hands stayed in place on her tits. "Sounds nice, but I want to go home, hospital-food really ain't good for me." Suddenly there were a knock on the door. Carrus rolled his eyes as he mumbled while removing his hands. "This better be good." Then he raised his voice to almost a yell as he snarled enter just as Ionza got seated in the steel-chair besides the night-table quickly crossing her slender legs with a disgruntled grin on her face. In came Harken and Natrax. Harken even to both the commissar-cadets surprise had his hat in his left hand as both Natrax and him made stiff salutes, which was sloppily returned by Carrus and Ionza. "Apologies commissars for disturbing your peace." Harken said. Ionza's eyes bored into him, yet Carrus responded with a cheery voice. "No problem Lord Commissar and Headmaster, what do you want from us?"

Natrax pulled a little on himself as he said. "Nothing much, your verbal battle-report, then we will get out of your hair commissars." Carrus answered. "Pure and simple, we went to investigate something psykers had picked up, I first had to charge through a bunch of deranged worshipers of a certain god and kill a witch in close-combat before my entire squad was turned into Spawns of evil, and then we went into the catacombs. *He gestured sitting in the bed as he spoke.* There I had to shoot the leg of a trooper to save his life when I screwed up, then I stormed the lines of worshipers of a certain god and eventually sowed chaos and destruction before I finally encountered a daemonette which I killed. Then i was shot." Carrus looked tired at his mentors as he said. "Is that enough or must I get into details sirs?" Natrax smiled as he responded. "That sounds fine, we will give you the two days Drill-Abbess recommended, so you can plan your graduation and leaving this Schola and planet with your girlfriend commissar Carrus." Carrus looked flabbergasted back as he said. "Headmaster, you were not supposed to know about me and commissar Ionza." Both the senior officers and Ionza laughed heartily over the comment from Carrus.

Harken even wiped a tear when he was finished laughing saying. "If we weren't supposed to know then you did a horrible job hiding your relationship. No commissar, we have known since when High Inquisitor Selpid ordered you to share room and labeled you Inquisitorial Inmates." He drew breath as he saw Carrus and Ionza give eachother confused glances before he continued. "We had orders from the High Inquisitor to not come between you, and think about it. It brought a Catachan and a Lord Commissar together as co-workers, but don't flaunt your relationship infront of the troopers. That would be a sign of weakness." Ionza said flatly. "Well we already do that, but from the point that commissar Carrus is a scout and I'm a Deathworld sniper. We all know I'm promoted to be a commissar just so our relationship should look professional enough and certain rumors about us not being equal would evaporate" Carrus then shot in. "Honestly Lord Commissar when psykers ain't around I tend to take care of the scouts, while Ionza disciplines the snipers. The line-infantry we let the regular commissars deal with, and mostly it have been you Lord Commissar, and for obvious reasons, we are not questioning your decisions Lord Commissar." Harken smirked over the comment as he then said. "No that would have been very unpopular commissar."

All four of the mighty Imperial servants laughed over the implication that Carrus of all people would disobey an order from Harken. Then Natrax cut it off by saying. "Insubordination is not a laughing-matter young commissars." Ionza violently shook her head shaking off her smile, and then said. "I would never go up against your orders unless I'm ordered by lets say an Inquisitor or you are committing heresy Headmaster." He smiled and nodded saying. ""That's exactly as it should be commissar, always question the order, get the reason, look for what can be changed. But in the end you do the order and keeps the soldier disciplined so they perform the orders without fault." Carrus then asked. "I'm sorry to derail the talk, but what happened with the Storm Troopers, how many was purged, and the psyker, did he survive?" Ionza looked a bit annoyed at her lover as she said. "The psyker, survived and he has a name Jarcar and is a most holy Astropath." Carrus mumbled out. "Sorry then. *Then raised his voice somewhat.* What about our soldiers, did anyone perish?" Harken coffed, then with his deep voice said. "McHendrix was found to be impure and was purged by me after consulting the Astropaths."

Carrus then said. "Do we have to purge the minds of our soldiers? One third of everyone that are mind-scrubbed perishes from it, and it doesn't help much mind-scrubbing and executing anyone that by accident stumbles over something they shouldn't know about." Natrax shook his head as he said. "You know perfectly well commissar that ignorance is power and knowledge is danger. We must keep much between only a very few individuals per planet, less we risk uprisings or worse young commissar." Harken then said. "Commissar Carrus has points, but I'm loathe to change the methods that have worked for so long." Ionza smiled as she said. "Even so commissar Carrus you are soon home at Ciralix with me, and there we will rule a planet and change whatever we don't like to whatever we do like. *She saw Natrax's eyes harden.* At least within reasonable limits." She shrugged and looked a bit insecurely back on Natrax. Harken tugged the shoulder of Natrax as he said. "Maybe we should get going and leave you two to your business Headmaster?" The voice were compelling yet, the tug contained a challenge. Natrax looked a bit angry into the eyes of his former pupil as he said. "I guess so." He did a good job hiding his irritation as they both turned in the doorway, closing the door, which almost immediately was closed behind them.

Then they walked down the hospital-corridor, as Natrax without hiding the irritation in his voice said. "I can't believe commissar want desperately to change how things are working Lord Commissar." Harken shrugged as he said. "Young people will not always listen to advice of even old masters, and mind you I was a headstrong youth once as well. Did me, Michael Stravinsky and Arturus Carrus do what you wanted all the time Headmaster?" Natrax scratched his chin slowly as he replied. "You heeded my advice in the serious things, like how to deal with the Ruinous Powers." Harken looked a bit shocked at Natrax prompting Natrax to say. "What?" Harken said. "With all due respect Headmaster we are walking in a hospital, people can overhear us, and then I would suddenly be forced to execute someone because of your loose lips." Natrax reacted shocked as he said while they walked past a few nurses that rapidly scurried out of the way of two of the three chiefs of this Schola Progenium with eyes downcast. Natrax decided to change subject as he said. "How do you think commissar Carrus would fare as a Planetary Governor Lord Commissar?" Harken smirked as he said. "Commissar Carrus is not equipped for that kind of job, commissar Ionza is equipped for it."

Natrax smiled himself as he said. "Agreed, but I don't think they would last long." Harken looked uneasily back at Natrax as he said. "Why not Headmaster?" The old Missionary just laughed a soft laughter as he said. "Commissar Carrus can do ballroom-dancing, but do you think you can envision him Dancing for the Emperor?" Harken smirked responding with. "They do that Headmaster?" Natrax nodded, and then said. "And can you imagine the happy reaction of either commissar if they are told drinking alcohol is not allowed?" Harken giggled as he said. "They would change that law." Natrax cast the Lord Commissar a serious look, his voice was changed from amusement to grave seriousness. "Then they will have an uprising on their hands, and there ain't no bloodsports on Ciralix which commissar Carrus so fancies." Harken just scratched his head as he said. "Can't they just change that law, seems a bit arbitrary that bloodsports shall be banned." Natrax responded with. "You know little of Ciralix Lord Commissar. *Harken nodded despite how hurtful and insulting the statement from Natrax was as Natrax continued.* Ciralixians are intolerant fanatics for the most part as commissar Carrus has shown that streak when it comes to Adeptus Mechanicus-stuff."

Harken nodded as he said. "True commissar Carrus is very protective of things regarding the Adeptus Mechanicus." Natrax looked without pleasure at the Lord Commissar saying. "Yeah and all the Ciralixians do is work twelve hours days, worship the Emperor for two hours and dance for the Emperor for two hours." Harken heard the description as he licked his lips while they were still walking in the hospital with doctors and nurses scurrying out of their way, then he said. "Doesn't sound like much fun for the commissars." Natrax shrugged as he said. "I predict calamity, they are home here again in anything from a week to a few months." Harken looked at the Headmaster as he said. "Agreed, lets just pray to the Emperor that they don't frak up too much Headmaster." Natrax smiled a little making the aquila hearing upon hearing the Emperor as did Harken then he said. "Yes lets hope they don't do too much damage there Lord Commissar, and praying we most certainly shall do." They both gained strides as they started to hurry towards the hospital-chapel. Harken looked a bit uneasy as he said. "I don't like praying to the Emperor Missionary as I serve him out of abject fear, but I will be at your side as you pray if you permits." Natrax responded with a small nod and Harken. "Then so shall it be Headmaster." Just as they arrived at the small hospital chapel's oaken brown doors with various religious items on the outside with images of the Emperor in all his holiness adorning the walls on the outside of it.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Months passed, the eighteenth birthdays of both Carrus and Ionza came and went with minor celebrations since both were very busy passing exams and finishing off their rushed commissar-training. They had the battlefield-experience, but lacked somewhat as for the theoretical stuff, but that were a mere afterthought as the day came for them to get their sashes. First it was an endless stream of thousands of troops filing past the booth them and most of the senior personnel were standing at in their finest dress-uniform with all their medals on display. It looked like a band of high-ranking Mordian officers were standing together with several Lord Commissars as even the uniforms of Carrus and Ionza were crested with medals, even though they lacked the full chest of the other officers, they still stood there in stiff salute-postures as the troopers in the blue dress-uniforms filed past them in the never-ending down-pour. Then after many hours standing in the downpour under a tent they filed in to the white marbled-floored, massively decorated chapel at the Schola Freudakia. Priests and other Ecclesiarchial figures standing there at the golden overly decorated Altar of the Emperor, the most holy place on the Schola Progenium, and a place commissars and commisarial cadets of this Schola rarely visited due to their principal, Lord Commissar Harken.

Now on the other hand the place was teeming with commissars and commissar-in-training. They filed in packing the large cathedral to the rafters with their exquisitely tailored uniforms making the place a sea of black, golden epaulets and finely decorated greatcoats as far from the blackened out outfits they used as battlegear they could ever be. Carrus and Ionza went forward through the throng of seated people on either side. They were closely followed by the Lord Commissar, and just behind him walked the Headmaster and the Drill-Abbess for the snipers. They only had the most rudimentary weaponry on themselves, chainsword and laspistol for Carrus, Natrax and Harken while Ionza and McLandi wore their powered swords with laspistols. They slowly went forward where the Priest stood with a golden chalice in one hand, over his left shoulder rested the broadside of a massive sword, the priest and old, rather unhealthy-looking fellow with a scrawny goatee, and eyebrows way too overgrown stood in his finely decorated white robe where quotes from the Emperor were woven into the fabric in gold, while a colorful cardinal's hat was balancing on his head. Beside him stood more Eccleciachial members dressed similarly, though not as fine as he was. Carrus and Ionza went forward towards the cardinal with secure steps and soon kneeled on low pillows infront of the altar.

The old man recited the Oath of the Commissar with his gravelly harsh voice as Carrus and Ionza also while kneeling infront of him repeated what he said without even blinking. It went on for a while, mainly being about things to hate like heretics, mutants, psykers and of course fear of the Emperor. The last bit took almost an hour of how the Emperor were to be feared as the one true god. Eventually the ceremony winded down as the cardinal said addressing Carrus. "You are now offered mastery of the known universe, or will you serve the Emperor of Mankind until your dying breath?" Carrus looked up at him with sparkling eyes saying as solemnly as he could. "I serve the Emperor until my dying breath, and damn the temptations of the known universe." The cardinal then said. "Good then you can drink the Emperor's blood commissar-to-be." Carrus looked straight at the old man saying with clear voice. "I will drink the blood of the Emperor and let it cleanse my soul." He then was handed the chalice by the cardinal, and took a good sip of it. Then he emptied it before handing the chalice back to the cardinal, who immediately handed it to a similarly dressed member, almost as old as himself, who with a clean white handkerchief cleaned the chalice, before pouring it almost full of wine. Then he handed it back to the cardinal who now went over to Ionza.

"You are now offered mastery of the known universe, or will you serve the Emperor until your dying breath?" The old man asked in a gravelly tone to Ionza who just sat her merciless brown eyes upon him, as she answered. "I serve the Emperor until my dying breath, and damn the temptations of the known universe." The cardinal then said. "You can now drink the blood of the Emperor commissar-to-be." Ionza still staring at the old man said with equally clear voice as Carrus. "I will drink the blood of the Emperor and let it cleanse my soul." She needed three large sips before she had gobbled down the altar-wine in the chalice, before she handed the chalice back to the cardinal who placed it on the Altar of the Emperor. Before he turned to Carrus. He placed the broadside of the sword on the left shoulder of Carrus saying. "For many years you have endured the training of the commissariat and the Schola Freudakia, you have been weighed and you have passed. *The sword went to rest on his second shoulder.* Arise Commissar Zachary Carrus." Carrus winced visibly as he heard his first-name, then he got to his feet, turning around to face Harken who stood with a scarlet sash infront of him.

Harken handed him the sash, saying. "Now you are a true commissar, Commissar Zachary Carrus." Carrus strapped the sash on himself as the cathedral erupted in cheering from the commissars present as Carrus made a stiff military salute to the Lord Commissar, who repeated it to him. Carrus still stood in that position as the cardinal moved to Ionza, the massive black sword laid on the epaulette-clad shoulder, contrasting with the gold as the cardinal said. "For many years you have endured the training of the commissariat and the Schola Freudakia, you have been weighed and have passed. *The sword went onto the other shoulder.* Arise Commissar Michelle Ionza." She arose turning around to face Nathan Harken, who towered over the tiny woman as he handed her the sash saying. "Now you are a true commissar, Commissar Michelle Ionza." Then she strapped the sash around her waist, and after that massive cheering erupted from the present commissars and future commissars.

Hours later. Ionza entered the interrogation-room. Shackled to the table sat one of the soldiers that had been involved in the raid on the jungle city. Growing out of his forehead was a cock, Ionza walked over to the bulky man sitting in his prison-uniform. The sloppy orange greatcoat they were forced to wear. She got a pepper-shaker out of her greatcoat-pocket, then walked over to him as she then took it up to his face. He started spewing out how stuff about how Slaanesh was great. Ionza cared little for the babble as she got him to sneeze instead by utilizing the pepper-shaker again and again to his face, while she sat there with an odd grin as she saw the cock and balls shake every time he sneezed. Eventually Carrus entered the room. "You have left the party honey." Ionza said it matter-of-factly not even turning to facing him. He just grunted. "I don't think we should be interviewing people under the influence of the Ruinous Powers while we are under the influence of alcohol commissar Ionza." Just as Carrus said the Ruinous Powers the man started to chant about the love Slaanesh provided. Ionza just said. "I suppose so, but it's fascinating watching this." She utilized the pepper-shaker again making the trooper sneeze.

Carrus just got out his laspistol, though he grinned a little saying. "I think this mutant has lived long enough darling, and he is extremely dangerous being allowed to be alive." Ionza looked over at the laspistol Carrus now was aiming past her head right at the mutant sitting across the table. Again she used the pepper-shaker making the mutant sneeze. "I suppose you can fire now Carrus." Just as she said that, he fired killing the former Storm Trooper with a shot just between the eyes. He plopped dead onto the table with his brain fried. Carrus then dialed a number on the wall-servitor. He then said. "Commissar Zachary Carrus here. Calling from Interrogation-room 101, we have a situation with a prisoner that was just executed, and shall be taken to the power-plant for cleansing." Commissar Zachary Carrus over and out." Ionza smirked in the background as she got up. "I suppose we should get to the party now Carrus offering her arm to him." He smirked as he glanced over at her while he said. "Of course darling." Then he grabbed her arm gently and they exited the black-grey interrogation-room just as they saw a few servitors coming with body-bags and such for the just deceased former ally of them.

After a quickie in their place, they both made it back to the party at the central of the Schola. The elaborate place was finely decorated and with the most expensive furniture imaginable. The white marble-walls was crested with golden decorations of the Emperor and his Primarches in all their glory. At the tables stood rows of bottles of Freudakian Red, the fine wine so prized by the well-to-be at Freudakia, which the commissars often counted themselves as. Carrus and Ionza went straight over to Harken who were having a chat with light lho-rods with some of the more senior commissarial Drillers. They passed several commissars, and from time to time they heard from the muffled sound of speaking. "The Emperor's blood." What Emperor-worshiping Freudakians used to say when drinking their famous red wine. That had smitten over to the Schola. "You went away commissars?" Harken laid his eyes on Carrus and Ionza. Ionza replied. "Yes Lord Commissar, we had some personal business to take care of." Harken looed skeptical at the lithe woman as he towered over her. "Commissar Carrus, what did you do? You were away for almost half an hour." Carrus didn't even blink as he answered. "We finally executed Storm Trooper Al Johnson Lord Commissar."

Harken looked over at Carrus. "He is treated to the power-plant I assume." Carrus just nodded. Harken smiled as he grabbed a bottle of wine, then poured it into a glass which he then handed to Ionza as he said. "Who did the execution?" Carrus as he poured himself a glass of wine himself replied calmly. "I did it sir, after commissar Ionza gave the okay." Then he turned around made his voice louder. "Emperor's blood ladies and gentlemen!" He almost roared the cheer as lot of glasses came up being held by men and women in fine commissar-uniforms with the usual chestful of medals who all with a loud cheer said. "The Emperor's blood!" Then the wine was getting drunk from the fine crystal wine-glasses that sparkled in the lights while commissars both to be and present toasted Carrus and Ionza in the name of the Emperor. The party continued into the night, but was oddly civilized due to the influence of officers like Harken being present which prevented the younger members of the commissariat drinking too much as everyone drank civilized amounts and Carrus and Ionza soon retired mainly due to their mutual interest in eachother. The next day they stood at the shuttleport watching servitors strolling by with large crates in the forklift-arms.

Both the newly minted commissars stood watching the servitors roll by, threads had replaced the feet of the inhuman creatures. Many they knew from the Schola, but most were criminals that had gotten a raw deal and was sentenced to death, which was commuted to getting to be a servitor in the service of Freudakia. But that was of little consequence as they now saw the servitors drive up the ramp of the grey, square shuttle which stood in the middle of the pavement of the shuttleport. "The name of the craft taking us home darling is Heriage." Carrus said it while he embraced and gave Ionza a kiss while she giggled and then said. "It's a good name, as that's what you shall do. Claim your own heritage in the name of the Emperor." Both made the customary aquila as the Emperor was named. "Yeah the name of the cruiser is a fine name, and it's what I must do, it's both my duty and my reward, claming my heritage in the name of the Emperor and Ommnisiash." Carrus said it calmly making the appropriate signs as he said Emperor and Omnissiah while he cuddled up near Ionza while they both were dressed in colorful dress-uniforms which identified both as commissars. From behind also in fine dress-uniforms came Natrax, Harken and McLandi.

Carrus and Ionza rapidly turned on their heels making stiff military salutes under the battleship-grey skies threatening to bring down a hailstorm of rain on them. The salute was rapidly answered by the three senior Imperial officers. And then Harken asked with a broad grin going across his face. "How are your heads commissars." Ionza answered with a smirk, still standing very close to Carrus. "The head is fine, we didn't drink too much last night, other business came in the way Lord Commissar." Carrus just nodded. And then McLandi spoke. "We want to wish you a happy journey commissars, and congratulations from the sniper-cadets and their Drillers commissars on your recent promotions." Ionza spoke again. "Thank you Drill-Abbess, and thank your staff on our behalf on both issues." Carrus then shot in. Nevermind your students as well drill-Abbess, but we will soon be back." With that they made a last salute to eachother and the two commissars boarded the shuttle, which were to take them to Ciralix as they checked their weapons again and again as they both were armed with their full arsenal of weapons. As the shuttle took off. Natrax said to his two smirking subordinates. "They will be home in a month, keep their place of living in order as the kids will be home soon to assume their duties as Drillers and commissars here at Freudakia."

"Yeah, and in my opinion they have earned some rest Headmaster as we have lopped much upon them." Harken said, scratching his jaw as he continued. "Too much, we must see to reduce what they are doing as that Death Cult is encroaching." He turned to McLandi who stood there supporting herself on the longlas which butt was by her feet as he said. "What are the news from them captain McLandi?" She stared mercilessly back at him. "The Shadows of Death have a vested interest in the two commissars. That is all the information I care to share about them matter Lord Commissar. *She turned to the Headmaster while giving a sloppy salute.* Headmaster." He nodded and she walked away. As she gained some distance Harken leaned in and whispered to Natrax. "I don't think she like my uniform Headmaster." Natrax sneered as he lit up a lho-rod. "I don't think she like you as a person Lord Commissar. So just leave it at that. That's an order." They looked up at the sky where the shuttle had taken off, a white gleam seemed to mark the spot where it had flown. Harken looked a tad dejected as he lit his own lho-rod, and then said. "Aye Headmaster, I shall not do anything regarding Drill-Abbess McLandi."

Natrax smiled looked fatherly at the man he had been a personal mentor of for so many years as he said. "Drill-Abbess McLandi is an Inquisitorial plant, we must just roll with the punches Lord Commissar. *He waved Harken with him.* Come now Lord Commissar, let have a better dinner with some fine wine while we discuss the potential futures of the different progeni we have here." Harken followed Natrax as they also left the shuttleport while the shuttle containing Carrus and Ionza gleamed across the skies, out of the planet and entered space where the Dictator-class cruiser Heritage was in orbit near the planet awaiting their arrival.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I see you've been working a lot lately :), I'll start catching up this weekend.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
The Emperor's Blood will follow at Chapter IV here http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139473

And I have done a rewrite of some major parts of the posts at this thread. Cleaned up the language and such. Changed some events and added bits and pieces where they were missing or I felt they could be worded better.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Liked what I read, had trouble realizing whether you were still using a flashback or going with the present timeline at the beginning of the story. Aside from that, our two heroes seem to be progressing nicely, story-wise. If I can make a suggestion, though, I've noticed that there isn't really much back issues or tension between the characters except for fighting an enemy. I understand that Ionza and Carrus are lovers and will have each other's backs till the end, but a problem or two to strain the relationship couldn't hurt.

Did notice Natrax's last words at the end of the chapter, "She is an Inquisitorial plant", interested to learn what exactly he means about that :grin:.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I considered briefly adding more tension between Carrus and Ionza. But then again they are very prone to blurt out. "Apologies commissar." Which they do that a lot. Plus they are not an even couple by any means as Carrus' standing within the AdMech is similar in power to an Inquisitor which I will show later as commissar is just his running-title.

Also Ionza is more a pillar of support for Carrus so he is wise not trying to push her buttons. I sought sort of to avoid having either one being too snarky towards eachother even through it sap some excitement out of the story, but harmony is God in my story as I wanted them not to bicker much as the usual teen-couples (I have added some arguments later on).

Also I elected to use a common technique from Henrik Ibsen. First I show present day. Then after a while I show the detailed past. Though I attempted to surpass my mentor with adding it later on and much harder than he does in the Wild Duck (I think it's called that in English if not it's the wild goose). So I induced a massive flashback (which is still happening). I shall edit it to show that part more clearly.

And thank you for the kind word Fire. :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts