Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Heresy

This is my skaven project... I've had the models for ages but i have finally started doing some serious painting on them... (As High Elves are my main army, I got my first taste for the ratmen from island of blood)

The paint job for this army is rather simple, as i intend for this army to contain literally 100's of models.

I'm using a lot of different browns to make a lot of different fur colours. I use grey, red and a pale green for the the cloth. I rely heavily on washes, rust and verdigris to make them look dirty. The wood on the warmachines is drybrushed from a medium brown up to grey, and then washed with different colour washes to indicate different wood sorts followed by a last wash of devlen/agrax. I am not using a lot of highlights except from on characters, warmachines and metal (armour and weapons.) I might do some layering on cloth if it looks too dark. All in all a quite simple yet in my mind effective scheme.

First! The painted models! There aren't a lot yet, but some! It's funny though... It would kill me to paint 40 space marines over a very short time, but a 40 man clanrat regiment didn't seem like that much...

The clanrats are from IoB mixed together. I'm fielding them as sword and board.

I also have a doomwheel, WLC and a Warlock Engineer painted up.

Next on the agenda is a 50 man skaven slaves unit with unit filler, a warpfire thrower and a chieftain. (Which i am entering in this months painting deathmatch.)

The picture are a bit shabby as they are from my phone...

Hope you like.

- D

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looking good! :good:

If was to ever drift into fantasy, I'd pick Skaven :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good choice. I like Skaven because they are a bit different from the norm fantasy races (humans, dwarves, trolls, orcs, elves, etc). Your Doomwheel looks great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts