Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 KP awarded for a unit that can move more then 6 inches in a single phase, so im guessing that includes rhinos, and other vehicles. GW sticking it to the mech list.

·
Registered
341 Posts
wait, so if i field 2 rhinos, with say a tactical sqaud in each- if both rhinos and sqauds are killed, thats 8 KP's to the opponent? is that right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its 8 kp for 2 tac squads and their rhinos. It is really brutal. I kinda like the decision its punishing the new mech trend which i'm ok with, it's only 1 mission but its brutal if you have like 6 or 7 transports.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Ouch for a Jump Pack heavy BA force...
It's worse for a transport heavy Blood Angel (or indeed any) force, trust me. My 'Ard Boyz list has four Rhinos and a Razorback, plus two Predators and a Librarian Furioso with Wings of Sanguinius. That's 24 possible Kill Points without including any infantry or Independent Characters.

I'm hoping that this won't be as disastrous as it sounds like it's going to be. I mean, it works both ways, right? The name of the game will be to blow the hell out of the other guy's transports as quickly as possible, or if you can't do that collect the bonus Battle Points.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Sounds like you would get a lot of hoard guard/ork, standard nid and daemon (slaanesh FTW) armies and drop pod marine armies... fleet just became the new god and walkers are your standard Mech (oh god, I can just see the ork armies now...)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Gosh, it's almost like they were trying to balance out the attractiveness of mechanized forces in the first two scenarios with penalties in the third.

18kp Daemon army that I was thinking of using goes to 30-34 kill points for mission three. Somehow, I'm thinking the mobility's still worth it.

P.S. Why is this in the rules forum? I don't see any rules question.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Makes Necron armies unviable again... Monoliths are fine, but if Destroyers, Destroyer Lord, Wraiths and Scarabs are worth 3KP each it is going to give away a lot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol im running nids so when i saw this i smiled im bringing 9 hive guard so ill rip up transports. though it sucks that my raveners count for 3 kp oh well.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Lol im running nids so when i saw this i smiled im bringing 9 hive guard so ill rip up transports. though it sucks that my raveners count for 3 kp oh well.
It'd be pretty easy to swap out the Raveners for some Warriors or Genestealers. Then again if you're only running one Ravener unit I doubt it's worth worrying about.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Doesn't hurt Eldar Mech too much either, our tanks are fairly hard to kill as it stands.

People using units of 3 Jetbikes are f'd in the a though... 3 KP for killing 3 vanilla marines that are easier to see? Ok then...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Like DE wasn't suffering in the KP missions already....oh well, not going and I can't remember the last time DE won anything anyway. Certainly not at this point level.

And since it works both way, it'll probably not change much. Only make nids and daemons a little more attractive to play.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ard Boyz Scenario rulesare up look at scenario 3.

I really think this does little to kill mech and here's why: it's in scenario 3. If you've made it here odds are you have a good list and can fight through two missions worth of tough opponents. Which mean you will usually have mech. people who take footlists trying to capitalize off this might not make it against mech lists in round 1 and 2. If you are a good player and run mech in round 1 and 2 then odds are you'll make it to round 3, possibly against another player who ran mech as well. If anything I would say this encourages mech brinksmanship, players will try to cut a balance of how much mech they should run. I think some players may decrease the amount their running but I doubt it will kill mech as you need it to get through rounds 1-2. If there's anyone this helps it's blood angels wolves and tyraninds, yes you move 12 but your units that do that are far more survivable then a rhino or chimera and don't loose their maneuverability when the transport is killed.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I wasn't aware they were viable in highly competitive environments anyway. :laugh:
I was at a tournament at Warhammer World in Nottingham a few weeks ago and the Necron armies were unbeaten. I was playing my new Tyranids, but it was still nice to see Necrons doing so well. They are a winning army, but only if you have a steady nerve and know the codex inside-out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts