Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say the ctan want sm legions for their own purposes....I have found that the four CSM legions that are chaos undivided match rather well with the ctan personalities...

Night Bringer: Konrad Kurze - Nightlords (fear)

Deceiver: Alpharius - Alpha legion (deception)

Void Dragon: The Iron warriors (technology)

Outsider: The word bearers (insanity through fanatacism)

·
Registered
198 Posts
True, however, the Alpha Legion and the Night Lords are not CSM, they are rather renegades. The Alpha Legion have a much greater motive. read Legion. The Night Lords mearely use the IDEA of Chaos as a tactic of fear. Also, these legions do not know of the Star Gods. Plus, the Word Bearers are basically all four dedicated legions in one, they are fanatics and worship all four at the same time. The Iron Warriors are unlike all the other legions except that of the black Legion. They have Chaos Undivided, but use technology more than the Primordial Annihilator to achieve their goals.

·
Registered
317 Posts
True, however, the Alpha Legion and the Night Lords are not CSM, they are rather renegades. The Alpha Legion have a much greater motive. read Legion. The Night Lords mearely use the IDEA of Chaos as a tactic of fear. Also, these legions do not know of the Star Gods. Plus, the Word Bearers are basically all four dedicated legions in one, they are fanatics and worship all four at the same time. The Iron Warriors are unlike all the other legions except that of the black Legion. They have Chaos Undivided, but use technology more than the Primordial Annihilator to achieve their goals.
Not too sure about that. The Imperium lists them as "Traitorous".....and they are in the CSM codex..... Also, why wouldn't those legions know of the C'Tan? Abbadon certainly does....

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
This looks like a deliberate parallel to me.

:scratchhead:

If I may:

Outsider: Word Bearers (Absence of reason)

You might be on to something here...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not too sure about that. The Imperium lists them as "Traitorous".....and they are in the CSM codex..... Also, why wouldn't those legions know of the C'Tan? Abbadon certainly does....
What else would the Imperium label them other then traitor? In my opinion I'd say that Alpha Legion would be lumped in with the other CSM chapters because GW is either too lazy to give them their own codex or because Alpha Legion isn't really that popular of a legion so its just a bit more convenient to throw them in with the likes of the Word Bearers and Iron Warriors. But thats just me shooting from the hip. If you haven't already I'd recommend the book Legion from the Horus Heresy series. It gives you some insight on what really happened.

I think that your concept is a very interesting idea Lux. I just don't think the C'tan are in any dire need of a Space Marine legion seeing as how they have millions of skeletal death troopers capable of raping space marines.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The Alpha Legion have probably lost their way. Horus lost the war, which wasn't part of the plan. Having sided with Chaos, Alpharius and Omegon can't return to the Imperium, and they probably got lost in what they'd done previously; worship Chaos. Their plans are sadly limited to self-preservation and continuing the roles they took up during the Heresy; fate has robbed them of any other purpose.

Regarding Space Marines of any kind worshipping the C'tan... it's unlikely. There's little knowledge of them, not enough to really start a cult, and the C'tan themselves have come to abhor all life since the Enslaver plague nearly starved them to death.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
The reason why they are considered chaos space marines is because they have been corrupted by the warp/chaos. The Night Lords for the most part fight for Abbadon which is as chaos as you get dispite the fact you are indirectly fighting for chaos to get back at the emperor. And the Alpha Legion spreads chaos through all the cultists they send out throughtout the imperium making chaos more dangerous as though it were a disease.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
hmm well you have to also notice the ones in the codex that are label as traitor extremist are ones that betrayed the imperium and helped horus attack the imperium so thats why they are labeled as extremist but also they are renegade that just means they dont like worship gods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts