Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there everyone

Been away from the hobby for about two years , recently my cousin brought the Dark Vengeance boxset and asked me to play with him. I played as the chaos and he decided to collected the dark angels and he gave me the crimson slaughter.

I've purchased the expansion which is on its way and i've just knocked up a quick list on what i might buy to make a 2000 point list.

My main opponents will be tau, ultramarines, dark angels, space puppies, guard and maybe nids.

HQ
Kranon the Relentless (Chaos Lord) – 180 Points

ELITES
Chosen- 5 man squad- Pair of lightning claws, power fist, power weapon –160 points
Hellbrute- Twin linked heavy Bolter – 110 points
Chaos Terminators – 5 man squad- 3 powers fist, heavy flamers- 188 points
Laid Raider (dedicated transport)- 230 points

FAST ATTACK
Warp Talons- 5 man squad- 160 points
Helldrake – 175 points

TROOPS
Cultists 1- 13 man squad- autoguns, shotgun, heavy stubber – 80 points
Cultists 2- 15 man squad – flamer, 3 autoguns- 83 points
Chaos Space Marines- 10 man squad – Meltagun, Missile Launcher- 165 points
Chaos Space Marines- 10 man Squad- Meltagun, Missle Launcher- 165 Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
Obliterator- 2 man squad – 140 Points
Havocs – 5 man squad- 1 heavy bolter, 2 missile launchers, 1 lascannon- 135 points
Rhino (dedicated transport)- 35 points

Total Points- 2001 points

My plan would be to put the rhino with its havocs into the best possible vantage point to run havoc ;) on the enemy force, with the Obliterators just plodding along shooting things as best they can.

I'd run my cultists straight down the middle, they are basically cannon fodder but with the amount of rolls i will have in the shooting phase hopefully they will take some people down.

My CSM squads will be flank down the left and the right to either capture objectives or to flank the enemy to make a kill-zone.

My helldrake will be flying round attack high point targets i.e commanders and elites, the warp talons will just close the distance as fast as possible.

Ill send my land raider down one of the flanks and get my termi's into the fray as past as possible due to their power fists

and ill run my lord with the chosen, who will again try to get in close.

So yeah that's my list and my sort of battle plan, now i don't want to be demolished in every single game that's no fun but i do want to at least be able give a competitive game.

Thoughts?

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Hey man

I am going to go a little easy on this and not tell you to take things, But I will say if something is 'sub-optimal'

HQ
Kranon the Relentless (Chaos Lord) – 180 Points
He is not a bad build out, but you may see about adding a second HQ with a sorcerer with the balestar as its quite fantastic

ELITES
Chosen- 5 man squad- Pair of lightning claws, power fist, power weapon –160 points
These are OK, but Close Combat Chosen are sub-optimal, you will want them in the landraider so they can assault out of it.

Hellbrute- Twin linked heavy Bolter – 110 points
First up, the FAQ on the black libary site lowers the point cost for the Hellbrute by 5pts.. and I wouldnt take the bolter, keep the Melta and us it to pop tanks.

Chaos Terminators – 5 man squad- 3 powers fist, heavy flamers- 188 points
Laid Raider (dedicated transport)- 230 points
Eh, make the Land Raider a Heavy slot so it can take the chosen and then Deep strike the Terminators! I would also add on a dirge caster on the Raider! (The Raider is also 'sub-optimal' choice most of the time, but it is our only assault transport)

FAST ATTACK
Warp Talons- 5 man squad- 160 points
If you haven't built them yet, build them as raptors with Meltas and go tank hunting them them.

TROOPS
Cultists 1- 13 man squad- autoguns, shotgun, heavy stubber – 80 points
Cultists 2- 15 man squad – flamer, 3 autoguns- 83 points
Bulk them out into one squad, it will help.

Chaos Space Marines- 10 man squad – Meltagun, Missile Launcher- 165 points
Chaos Space Marines- 10 man Squad- Meltagun, Missle Launcher- 165 Points
I think you will get more use out of dual melta and puting them in Rhinos (and add a havoc launcher to them)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Obliterator- 2 man squad – 140 Points
Havocs – 5 man squad- 1 heavy bolter, 2 missile launchers, 1 lascannon- 135 points
Rhino (dedicated transport)- 35 points
Oblits are good, the Havocs will benefit from a single choice, 4 ML's work, though 4 Lascannons are also ace!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be as harsh as you want to be mate , I want to be a good chaos player , could you perhaps suggest a list ?

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Be as harsh as you want to be mate , I want to be a good chaos player , could you perhaps suggest a list ?
There are alot of good builds, but I would sugest that you read This and may be This

But.. I would drop the Chosen and Landraider.. you should be able to get a few more more optimal units, but there are many in the taticas that fill these wholes.. depends what you want todo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
its cool to actually see a crimson slaughter list taking off, most chaos players i know dont tend to play crimson slaughter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts