·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on GW home page, and thought you guys might be interested:

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
It was part of the Shadows of Treachery anthology. A very good story that portrays Perturabo perfectly.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
It was part of the Shadows of Treachery anthology. A very good story that portrays Perturabo perfectly.
My thoughts exactly, great portrayal but I can't understand why they sell them at such a high price? Like the anthology is like 10£ with 3 audios in written format + 2 shorts. Buying the separately as ebooks is that same amount, and its almost 3 times the cost to buy the separaret novellas in the other format. Why are people buying these novellas separately is beyond me. :)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Mu thoughts exactly, great portrayal but I can't understand why they sell them at such a high price? Like the anthology is like 10£ with 3 audios in written format + 2 shorts. Buying the separately as ebooks is that same amount, and its almost 3 times the cost to buy the separaret novellas in the other format. Why are people buying these novellas separately is beyond me. :)
Because people,don't understand that the more they support this kind of thing the more it will be done. Personally I think you are silly to be supporting this kind of practice.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Because people,don't understand that the more they support this kind of thing the more it will be done. Personally I think you are silly to be supporting this kind of practice.
Are you talking about us that complaints about that is silly, or those who are buying the crap? :) Wasn't entirely sure who you aimed the last sentence at.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The latter, definitely the latter. If GW listened to the internet do you think they would operate as they do?
No, I don't think they would. They go all by the numbers.

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Deep breath, gentlemen.

Ultimately, this only matters if material comes out that is only available in hardcover, higher-than-normal-price formats. So long as Black Library continues to release all books in eBook, paperback, etc., format... I'm more than okay with their business model. Everyone gets to have what they like, and the company gets the profits they need to keep the product coming.

My single complaint would be that certain anthologies and event-only products take too long to be released in other formats. Waiting a year to read something of the caliber of Aurelian (which, incidentally, I did buy as a novella on day one) would hurt. Sure, sure, the reader's reading of the Horus Heresy doesn't suffer from not reading the limited edition novella's (as one author has offered in the past)... but there are some real gems hidden in the limited release stuff, which often trump in quality the books that are released as part of the regular series.

In the case of The Crimson Fist, there is no real need to complain. It came out as part of a collection of novellas that, if I recall correctly, was not limited edition to begin with. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts