Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
But, do sonic weapon use actual kinds of ammo, really? I thought they were just batteries, simply in-built into the gun?
They are. The power of wub-wub commands you!
Yes, this is beginning to get confusing! There will be no ammo of any kind remaining on the guns once the conversions have been done. I aim to make them look as different as possible from the original weapons they are based on by removing all traces of ammo and adding details like the speakers/gargoyle heads and extra cabling.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I've more or less finished putting together my Noise Marines. I'm hoping to have ten but I only had seven marines left so they'll be boosted sometime in the future.

Noise Champion:

Sonic Blaster Marines:

Blastmaster Marine:

As you can see I went for the Heavy Bolter and Dirge Caster for the Blastmaster conversion. I am really happy with the way it turned out! I didn't do much to the marines beyond the sonic weapons. They are obviously a lot cleaner and neater than my Plague marines, and I used more traditional chaos shoulder pads (I always scrape off the symbols on the Plague marine shoulder pads and sculpt my own mutated nurgle symbol). I did add vox grills to the faces of some of them. They are from spare backpacks.

I also did some more work on my Nurgle Daemon Prince:

His sword is made of a gift card. It was very annoying to work with but I think it is looking cool. I'll be building up more greenstuff on him today and hopefully I can start painting him in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I must say, those Noise Marines sure became nice in the end. Really like how you made the vox grills, for example. One question, though - are you sure the champion shouldn't have a Doom Siren? Of course, it's not exactly necessary, but they are very good from what I now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I must say, those Noise Marines sure became nice in the end. Really like how you made the vox grills, for example. One question, though - are you sure the champion shouldn't have a Doom Siren? Of course, it's not exactly necessary, but they are very good from what I now.
Thanks! I may yet give him a doom siren. The main reason is that I didn't have many appropriate bits. Also they will probably be hiding in cover most of the time and may not get in range for the doom siren to be effective. I still kind of want to model one though just for how cool it could be. We'll see.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I've just finished sculpting my Daemon Prince. I'm dying to paint him but I thought I'd post him on here before I do so since I have to wait for the greenstuff to dry beforehand anyway. I've definitely upped my game when it comes to sculpting horrible mutated flesh. I hope I can can do more than that when the time comes to do some non-Nurgle sculpting!

Here he is so far. I tried to get some decent shots of the corrupted skin texture:

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
313 Posts
You have done a great job with sculpting the skin and all, although I must say that the sword is probably my favorite part overall. I really like big blades (have you seen the swords at "the Munchy Gutsmen and the Holy Gristle?)!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
You have done a great job with sculpting the skin and all, although I must say that the sword is probably my favorite part overall. I really like big blades (have you seen the swords at "the Munchy Gutsmen and the Holy Gristle?)!
Thanks very much :) I just googled that and the whole army is brilliant, I love the swords in particular as you pointed out. The original idea was to give him a kind of organic mace arm which would represent the black mace, but I thought a giant sword would look cooler and be easier. This way it's also easier to use some of the options from the daemon codex instead of CSM because he will be used for both depending on the circumstance. I sort of see him as the leader of my Daemon army, the first marine from the chapter to fall to chaos. I Just love the image of a giant rusted rusted sword wielded by a hulking monstrosity who was once a loyal space marine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Morning fellow hobbyists,

Yesterday I completed a test model for the Noise Marines. Note that it's not a part of the Corroded Host (They are solely devoted to Nurgle). I'm planning on having a small warband for each of the chaos gods to go with the massive Nurgle force down the line or simply to play with when I feel like a change.

Here is the test model:

I'm not sure whether I'm pleased with him or not. I could do with some advice. He is more pink in real life than in the photo and I can't decide whether I really like that. He also looks a little bland. I might pick out the studded parts in black or silver to break up the mass of pink. For now I'm going to push on and start painting the Daemon Prince while I consider how to proceed with the Noise Marines.

Also, several years ago my girlfriend dabbled in Slaanesh Daemons. She painted them very well considering they were her first ever models. Anyway she isn't interested in expanding on them (She's wanting to get into Imperial Guard) so she has sold their souls to my force. I'm going to be mounting them on round bases and doing a few minor changes modelling wise. When I paint them I think they will be quite similar as I really liked the paint scheme she chose. Here they are:

The photo makes their skin look white but it is actually sepia. I think it looks great with the red/orange hair.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The purple is good. It looks rather "dirty" though. Did you mixed the paint with enough water (i think that slaanesh marinesh should look smoother thn possible)? or is it just a picture effect?
EDIT: also, to make it "stand out" a little, do some gold trimming. It pays out a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
The purple is good. It looks rather "dirty" though. Did you mixed the paint with enough water (i think that slaanesh marinesh should look smoother thn possible)? or is it just a picture effect?
EDIT: also, to make it "stand out" a little, do some gold trimming. It pays out a lot.
Thanks! The purple is quite mottled, it's because it's just a wash straight over white. I might do some layering to smooth it out. The gold trim is a great idea. I think it's exactly what he's missing, more bling. I'll definitely look into that. I don't think I'll be painting them all for a little while yet as I'm taking a bit of a painting break with one notable exception:

Finished my Daemon Prince:

Locus the Emissary

Some more detailed shots:

And here he is with Calliphorous the Lost:

Background-wise I see Locus as the leader of the Daemonic Incursion and Calliphorous as the Lord (ex-chapter-master) of the Corroded Host, but in game terms I might take the prince from the marines codex. We'll see. In any case, he was second in command back when the chapter wasn't all rusty and gooey, and he was the first to fall to chaos. He is called the emissary because he bridged the gap between the marines and the Daemons of Nurgle, bringing about the unwilling fall of the entire chapter.

Feedback is much appreciated!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Excellent work!

Have a cookie :good:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Green slime on sword= win
Meat chunk = win
That cute little face... awww sooo cuute! let me hug it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Defiler virtually done

Hello all!

I have been working on my Defiler on and off for the past couple of weeks. I think there may still be a bit more work to do on finishing touches but for the time being I consider it done. Here we go:

I think due to its size it's missing something, any advice on what that is would be appreciated. My first thought was that it lacks any of the white that is the secondary colour of the army. That's probably because there aren't that many armour plates, the bulk of the model is raw metal and I didn't think I wanted to devote any of those areas to white.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I have a good bit of work to show today. But be warned, it isn't a good photo day.

Firstly, I've finished my fifth squad of Plague marines and fixed up my Defiler a bit more, adding some much needed contrast:

The marines aren't numbered yet because I'm going for 7 squads but I think I want to put some special weapons in most of them, since Plague marines are great for that. By holding off on numbering them I can spread these guys throughout the two other squads and put some plasma guns or something in there.

Adding white to the Defiler seems to have helped make it look more interesting and tie in more with the rest of my army.

On a less rusty note, I finally settled on a colour scheme I'm happy with for my Slaanesh followers:

They're still WIP. The main thing that I need to do is the champion's power sword. I think I want to try out the lightning arc kind of effect on it if you know what I mean.

C & C very much welcome.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts