Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to embark on painting my skaven army (which I bough years ago but never got into building or painting it) and the discussion arose as to the colours of Warpstone.

I have been told that in the WFB universe it is crystalised evil, and that is exudes "black light".

It always seems to be painted green, but could it also be other unearthly colours?

I was thinking of painting mine a black base coat then layering of purple washes up to pinky purple hilights - is this against fluff or is it open to interpretation?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
well seeing as how "black Light" is ultimately purple, I have a feeling its more of a purpleish hue.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Classically i have always seen it portrayed as a glowing green colour, especially in any skaven artwork that has been produced

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
paint it bright pink with yellow spots if you like, its your model, it all comes down to personnel preference, there is no fixed scheme in a fictional world

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will try painting up some rocks and see what colours look best to me, I am looking forward to finally getting my rats painted :D

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Its the 2nd moon of the WHB planet. Its supposedly made of warpstone and is the source of a lot of chaos/necromantic magic (necromancy spells are much more powerful when Morrslieb rises).

Then again we could get into the twin questions of what colour is Morrslieb and is it made of warpstone...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Its the 2nd moon of the WHB planet. Its supposedly made of warpstone and is the source of a lot of chaos/necromantic magic (necromancy spells are much more powerful when Morrslieb rises).

Then again we could get into the twin questions of what colour is Morrslieb and is it made of warpstone...
I believe it's made of warpstone. Think about, Mannslieb (the normal moon) could be made of cheese, so the regular rats want that. Skaven, being more complicated would value warpstone more than cheese and so they want Morrslieb more.
Also, in White Dwarf it said that Morrslieb is made of warpstone.
It's your models anyway, paint it any way you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts