Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After some careful deliberation, I've decided to remove the chat. I'm seeing more and more "wargaming" discussion in the chatbox that belongs in the forums. Where spiders will index it and members/potential members will reply.

The site is in the shit, 100%. Our post rates are down one third of where they were 2 years ago! So I need to make every effort to stimulate discussion. I need people reading, posting and discussing the game on the forums. Not in the chatbox :wink:

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
One of the best decisions for the site. When I asked iEntry to add a chat box to my site because it was dead they told me that one of the leading causes to a sites decline was a chat box for the exact reasons you decided to remove it.

Might be some that will be sad it is gone but they will get over it and want to support the site in the direction you need it to go.

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
While it was a nice addition I think that it definately is for the best the forums were very slow

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Yeah, I miss my chatbawks. But, it's very true that there was a slump in posting and it's better that we have a busy board than a busy chatbox.

In short, good call Jez :so_happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts