Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The third of Black Library's novella series has been confirmed. The Bloody Handed, written and signed by Gav Thorpe, and with an exclusive story and set of artwork around the High Elves and Dark Elves. Only 1000 copies will be available at £30 each.

Can't wait for this. The cover looks frelling awesome :grin:.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
A lacking of sufficient funds, a wanting - A needing to purchase and dually stroke Firedrake and The First Heretic early, alongside varying Manga and Blood Angel needs prevent me from buying this beautiful... thingy... of Asur and Druchii deliciousness...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lacking of sufficient funds, a wanting - A needing to purchase and dually stroke Firedrake and The First Heretic early, alongside varying Manga and Blood Angel needs prevent me from buying this beautiful... thingy... of Asur and Druchii deliciousness...
Ah shame. Well it doesn't come out until December so maybe you can get it as a christmas gift.

·
Registered
142 Posts
correct assumption, otherwise it would have said eldar/dark eldar...I assume :so_happy:

Looks nice, I'm not really into fantasy but this could be a fine addition for my bookshelves.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoke to Gav Thorpe on the bolthole and he has confirmed what the unique story of The Bloody Handed is about.

Gav Thorpe said:
The story is set in Athel Toralien while Malekith is in the north. It details Hellebron's early steps to power and glory (and lots of bloody sacrifices!).

Gav
It sounds bloody excellent. Ill have it pre-ordered the second its available.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Just spoke to Gav Thorpe on the bolthole and he has confirmed what the unique story of The Bloody Handed is about.

It sounds bloody excellent. Ill have it pre-ordered the second its available.
To summarise: I've just poured a modicum of my soul into the Nemesis thread, so my intellect is severely lacking, as of now, so I'll keep this simple: Oh my fucking Vaul! Hellebron is by far my favorite character, and the Dark Elf Armybook, in concurence with Gav Thorpe's Shadow King really bring about plenty of mystecism about the Queen-bitch of Khaine :grin:

Oh... And pale Elven girls dancing around in metal lingerie with big, barbed daggers, cutting apart other Elves in an Orgy/Ritual of heightened sexual bloodlust, is fucking hot!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Bobss, you just sold me on the series. Lol

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To summarise: I've just poured a modicum of my soul into the Nemesis thread, so my intellect is severely lacking, as of now, so I'll keep this simple: Oh my fucking Vaul! Hellebron is by far my favorite character, and the Dark Elf Armybook, in concurence with Gav Thorpe's Shadow King really bring about plenty of mystecism about the Queen-bitch of Khaine :grin:

Oh... And pale Elven girls dancing around in metal lingerie with big, barbed daggers, cutting apart other Elves in an Orgy/Ritual of heightened sexual bloodlust, is fucking hot!
I see. Ill keep it simple as well. Yeah!, Hellebron is awesome.

And perhaps. But remember.. this is Hellebron, (See attachment), so yeah. The hot part, perhaps not.

Bobss, you just sold me on the series. Lol
That easy huh?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
:puke: ugh. I think my penis just flew south for the winter. Fuck, that ain't right.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
:puke: ugh. I think my penis just flew south for the winter. Fuck, that ain't right.
Hahaha. No it ain't. Thats Hellebron's aged form but when she bathes in the Cauldron of Blood she reverts to her youthful, beautiful state. However she bathes in an inferior cauldron thus her time in youth keeps getting shorter, while Morathi's gets longer and longer.

Her armor is awesome though, not because its revealing, but its style is just cool.

Also its been a good few weeks for you hasn't it Bobss. First a Sigvald novel is confirmed then a unique story about Hellebron. Got any other 40k/fantasy wishes?, they just might come true.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hahaha. No it ain't. Thats Hellebron's aged form but when she bathes in the Cauldron of Blood she reverts to her youthful, beautiful state. However she bathes in an inferior cauldron thus her time in youth keeps getting shorter, while Morathi's gets longer and longer.

Her armor is awesome though, not because its revealing, but its style is just cool.

Also its been a good few weeks for you hasn't it Bobss. First a Sigvald novel is confirmed then a unique story about Hellebron. Got any other 40k/fantasy wishes?, they just might come true.
Valkia the Bloody. If -Hopefully Werner- writes about her, then harmony shall be restored to the Black Library world.

And... Nope... Still hot :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Valkia the Bloody. If -Hopefully Werner- writes about her, then harmony shall be restored to the Black Library world.

And... Nope... Still hot :laugh:
Perhaps he will, one day. Personally my hopes are for a Lokhir Fellhart novel, a SMB novel about the Astral Knights and the World Engine, and a Dark Eldar series by Anthony Reynolds.

....Interesting. So I take it you will do anything to get The Bloody Handed now?.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Perhaps he will, one day. Personally my hopes are for a Lokhir Fellhart novel, a SMB novel about the Astral Knights and the World Engine, and a Dark Eldar series by Anthony Reynolds.

....Interesting. So I take it you will do anything to get The Bloody Handed now?.
Yes, except moderate-prostitution, I will. I may even postpone my order for The First Heretic and Firedrake *He announces, to sheer disbelief* in order to lay by clammy, shaken hands upon that less-than stunning cover.

Such said, I do need to fund an impending Blood Angels force to fumble with at my local store and several Cosplays to prepare for, so money will be tight. I don't even have either Eisenhorn nor Ravenor yet, either :grin:

I could see Lokhir making an appearence in the Warhammer Heroes saga, simply because his story spans several races and is close to the ''current'' year that is 2252; From the Malus Darkblade Cycle, I wouldn't mind Mike Lee upon this, but again, he will be busy with Nagash The Immortal.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, except moderate-prostitution, I will. I may even postpone my order for The First Heretic and Firedrake *He announces, to sheer disbelief* in order to lay by clammy, shaken hands upon that less-than stunning cover.

Such said, I do need to fund an impending Blood Angels force to fumble with at my local store and several Cosplays to prepare for, so money will be tight. I don't even have either Eisenhorn nor Ravenor yet, either :grin:

I could see Lokhir making an appearence in the Warhammer Heroes saga, simply because his story spans several races and is close to the ''current'' year that is 2252; From the Malus Darkblade Cycle, I wouldn't mind Mike Lee upon this, but again, he will be busy with Nagash The Immortal.
Haha well alrighty then. Though I think its an awesome cover, probably the best of the three novellas so far.

Im holding off on building my force for a little bit. Once I have the money im starting a Skaven army, and im putting about £250 away for when the Dark Eldar come out so I can buy every single model they release for them.

A Fellhart novel would be sweet, so far the Warhammer Heroes has not been of interest to me, barring Wulfrik the Wanderer which does interest me greatly, but alas the other two, Sword of Justice and Sword of Vengeance, just don't do it for me.

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Just out of interest, from someone who doesn't particularly follow BL and their escapades, why is this book worth £30? It is A5 and 128 pages with some pretty pictures, right?

I am not necessarily saying it isn't good, but just wondering what makes it worth 5-6 times your average paperback? Oh and limited numbers, clever marketing thingamee that it might be, doesn't sell it to me personally.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the limited numbers of only a thousand copies is one thing. Each copy is hand-signed by the author, in this case Gav Thorpe. It contains unique artwork that won't be displayed anywhere else, and a unique story written just for the book that also won't be available anywhere else.

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Well the limited numbers of only a thousand copies is one thing. Each copy is hand-signed by the author, in this case Gav Thorpe. It contains unique artwork that won't be displayed anywhere else, and a unique story written just for the book that also won't be available anywhere else.
Ah so more of a collector's item that has a story rather than a story that is a collector's item then. As I said, I wasn't slagging it, just wasn't seeing the appeal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts