4 Bloodbulls of Khaarg w/ MoK, Great Weapons
4 Bloodbulls of Khaarg w/ MoK, Great Weapons
8 Chaos Hounds
8 Chaos Hounds
8 Chaos Hounds

8 Chaos Furies

2 Chaos Spawn
2 Chaos Spawn

Total of 58 Models, 15 Units, 14 Drops (ugh), 2CP/9DP and 2250pts on the nose.

The tourney will be this coming Saturday, the 15th, and I expect around 16+ participants from the Southeastern Texas area. Just about every type of army should be represented, and I do intend to get my camera ready for this one as well. I'm even making a quick display board for the army. A little more work on the spawn, as well as the display board, and the lot will be complete.

As for the level of competition, well I really cannot say. The locals have a few hard-core power-gamers, but the majority actually try to steer clear of what is often considered OTT. I'm told that while my army is hard, it is not OTT (as my last Internet game would attest).

Any ideas, comments, or requests before I hit the road Saturday morning?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just returned from the tourney and thought I'd give just a bit of info on it....

First off, there were 20 participants, with plenty of Dwarf and O&G players as well as 2 Dark Elf and only 1 other Chaos (Khornate Daemons (not DL)) players. Brets, High Elves, Skaven, 2 Tomb King and 2 Vampire Count armies also showed up (and a couple more too). Only a few were completely painted, mine being one of them, though I missed out on that award to an O&G player (who I also voted for).

First Game - Dwarfs
Scenario - Occupy terrain pieces... Every piece was worth 100pts to whoever controlled it.
This was a weird game for me, as the objective of the game was not really to slaughter your opponent. 4 War Machines on hills and lots of pistols/crossbows as well as a really tooled up lord made this a bit difficult for me, especially when my fliers perish before getting the chance to really engage his back lines. It was also my first time playing with buildings, and I really messed up there, costing me the win. I did manage the upper side of a draw (by about 145pts) and a few extra bonus battle points.

Second Game - Chaos Dwarfs
Scenario - The Gods of the Realm are playing nasty tricks on the armies. Each turn a random roll determines what nasty event/effect curses your army for that turn.
The Realm Gods really did not hinder the game too much, though they did cost each of us a full unit (a Spawn for me and a unit of Fast Cav for him).
Still, 4 War Machines did much damage, including an Earthshaker cannon which caused much havoc in my movement phase. This player is a very good player actually, but decided to try this army out for the first time by playing in a tourney... Was not the best idea, but his normal army (Daemonic Legions) was disallowed for this tourney by the tourney organizer. Up until the last turn, the Chaos Stunties were in the lead, but the utter destruction of 3 units in my final turn swung the game around for me, giving me the win by about 500vps, as well as a few extra battle points.

Third Game - Gobbo Horde w/ Squig theme.
Scenario - Avatar... Each player nominates one character to be their Avatar, who gets a 2+ Ward, Stubborn, etc, making him a beast.
The game was looking very good for him at first, his getting 4 of his 5 large Squig units into combat on his terms (lucky 3d6 rolls and one IF magic boost) but when the swings started landing, the squigs were forced to bounce/flee and the Bloodbulls ended up with 2 units in his deployment zone by the end of turn 2. By the end of turn 3, over 2/3s of his army was destroyed and 4 of my Bloodbull units were actually turning around to go through the table again. This game was won by about 2900vps, earning another win and a few more bonus battle points. This was, IMHO, a very poor match-up, but the system in use for determining match-ups wasn't very flexible...

Overall, I won nothing, as there were a couple of players who swept their games and two with a point or two more in the bonus objectives. 5th Place for me, but with 2 wins and 1 draw, I'm pretty happy with the army.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts