Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well actually first sm army ever made, thought id start with untraited and see wait people think, well here it goes:
Master of sanctity+bp+jumps= 121
w/ sergeant+ termie honour + pf and 9 assault marine + 6 melta bomb= 262

epistilary+ might as psychic power+ bp+ terminator armour+ familiar=167
termie command squad + furius charge sergeant+ 3 termies(2 chainfist)=185
landraider+ smokes 258

hq=986

all sergeants have bp
6 devistator+ 4hvy bolt= 150(wow, thats pretty cheap)
6 devi+ 4 lass= 230

1 landspeed+ ass cannon 80

6 sm 90
7 sm 105
7 sm 105
6 scouts+ hvy bolt+ 2 rifles 93
5 scouts + 2 rifles 80
troops 473
i believe it to be 2000 on the dot,
my plan is to run at the enemy and murder them. scouts up close and to distract the enemy with their closeness. then i run the assault men to charge and charge with termies and librarian squad on hopefully turn 2. sm men will just walk it out and hope to catch slackers and what not. the lass devis will just try to be anti tanks, combined with the ass cannons, hopefully i wont have to use melta assault troops. if that doesnt work then maybe 2 chainfist backup units. then ill fall back on lr if all else fails. so problem is with hvy support. can kill anything else
if fighting bp or nids, then ill run the stealers down with hvy bolts and take down the mosters with ass cannon and lass cannon.
any suggestion on possible traits and what not are appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
most gamers wil ignor you scots and if they have armour will allways targrt s9 units .In 5th ed assualt cannons wil be not as good against armour 14 so maybe multi melta on your landspeeders

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You'll need more Troops than just those Marines and scouts. You have spend half your army on HQ choices; a mistake in my book. You'll end up running short of scoring units pretty quick and if your HQ gets taken out by a lucky shot (demolisher, etc) then you're pretty boned.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I'll take a stab at this. Remember, these are my recomendations and are to be taken as an attempt to help out... OK, here goes...

well actually first sm army ever made, thought id start with untraited and see wait people think, well here it goes:

Master of sanctity+bp+jumps= 121
w/ sergeant+ termie honour + pf and 9 assault marine + 6 melta bomb= 262

I would remove the melta bombs. Your Sergeant with fist should be enough to handle any armour. You could add a plasma pistol or 2.

epistilary+ might as psychic power+ bp+ terminator armour+ familiar=167
termie command squad + furius charge sergeant+ 3 termies(2 chainfist)=185
landraider+ smokes 258

One chainfist is enough in most situations.

hq=986

all sergeants have bp
6 devistator+ 4hvy bolt= 150(wow, thats pretty cheap)
6 devi+ 4 lass= 230

In my experience, if you have 4 heavy weapons, you should make it a 8 man squad. The general rule is 1 extra Marine for each heavy weapon. Otherwise, good units.

Fine.

6 sm 90
7 sm 105
7 sm 105

Here's my main beef with your list. Tactical squads are your bread and butter units. I'd rather use 3 squads of 10, if for nothing else, the staying power of larger squads. Remember, in 5th Ed, troops are your friend. The more you have on the table, the better off you are.

6 scouts+ hvy bolt+ 2 rifles 93
5 scouts + 2 rifles 80

I have never been a fan of scouts. If you like them, keep them and have fun.

troops 473

i believe it to be 2000 on the dot,
my plan is to run at the enemy and murder them. scouts up close and to distract the enemy with their closeness. then i run the assault men to charge and charge with termies and librarian squad on hopefully turn 2. sm men will just walk it out and hope to catch slackers and what not. the lass devis will just try to be anti tanks, combined with the ass cannons, hopefully i wont have to use melta assault troops. if that doesnt work then maybe 2 chainfist backup units. then ill fall back on lr if all else fails. so problem is with hvy support. can kill anything else
if fighting bp or nids, then ill run the stealers down with hvy bolts and take down the mosters with ass cannon and lass cannon.
any suggestion on possible traits and what not are appreciated!
Just my 2 cents...

~fearlessgod~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts