Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you know me here from my attempts at painting up Space Wolves (still on-going) but as a side project, I've also been painting up some Tyranids. The Nid army is the 8 year old son's (started when he was 7 for the school 40k club) but he more interested in simply crushing Space Marines on the gaming table than painting the gribbly critters up... so he "commissioned" daddy and big sis to do it for him!!! As big sis is far too busy with Senior School homework and painting up her Blood Angels (when she finds the time!), its been a solo-Daddy affair.

So this log is a simple picture archive of the Nids that I've been painting for the past 6 months or so, including the latest kit-bashed Dimachaeron that I've just completed this weekend. More will be added as I carry on adding to our Hive Fleet Marconite. :)

Completed Zoanthropes & Termagants

WIP Tervigon (... probably needs to be re-done!)

Completed Kit-bashed Dimachaeron

More updates to follow in the coming day/weeks/months as I slowly get the hang of painting the Nids!!! :)

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Holy f.......! :shok:

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Dimachaeron conversion was not done by me. I won it at a Charity auction on the Poppy's Angels facebook page. Had to do minor modifications and a fair bit of Greenstuff touch ups and smoothening, especially on the tail. After that the fun started on the painting.

It took 5 evenings to paint that whole model up then realised that the original rocky base was too small and too bland! So had to re-cast a larger base (thankfully I already had the mould) and decided to add the wounded marine to make it more dynamic. First time doing freehand painting of the Ultramarine symbols. Quite pleased with how those turned out. :)

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looking great so far wookie, good work. I'm sure that's a swarm that any son would be proud to stomp space marines with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts