Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The basilisk rises. (not the artillery, its hive fleet)

Today, i have recived my 10 genestealers from ebay, to add to my starting niddys, and here are some pictures over today.
View attachment 7816
As you can see, this is the beggining, and that is actual sand on thier bases, they were primed with a white spraycan, not gw mind you.
View attachment 7817
The next phase, i have them assembled, a few in progress.
View attachment 7818
This is the complete stage of my genestealers, the colors were all from the GW starters kit, they are suppost to look a little bloody, the orange i got from mixing skull white, blood red, and some sort of bright yellow.

This log will be updated as i gain more units and pictures

Be happy with my newbie work :)

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I take it that this will be hive fleet basilisk? I was looking for a modified IG basilisk tank. Good start though and good luck with your new project.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes hive fleet basilisk, although, i think someone could modify a basilisk by makeing it look like traitor guard and putting on 3 guns instead of one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i is only a newb at painting, and since i dont have any flock (didnt purchase any yet) i went outside and put some sand in a container as my flock.

Thanks for the criticism. :)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
There's nowt wrong with basing with sand. Add a few little stones and drybrush the whole thing and you'll have decent looking cheap bases.

I like your colours, and the paint is on there nice and strong. It is a little thick in places so i'd water it down a little.

Have you got any washes yet? Giving your nids a wash will really help to shade the crevices and bring out the detail a bit more.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont have any washes, only the starter kit from gw, some pure gold acrilyc, glossy bright red spraycan, and a wide range of store brand brushes

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
A simple yet strong paint job. I like, and why be upset at being new? I'm right there with you learning to paint guard. Good work. + rep. :victory:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
XD good point, if we are new we can learn lots, unlike the vetrans.

Btw you messed up you link to your imp guard project

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I have been gone for a while, but i did some excelant work while life caught me in its jaws aka, i bought:
1 dreadnought
10 terminators
1 spacemarine commander
2 spacemarine bikes
5 space marine soldiers
+ i redid my paint scheme
+ i converted 2 space marines into sergants.
the sergants have #1, a bolt pistol and an afixed tyranid hormogaunt claw,
#2 has a power gauntlet and a plasma pistol

Pics now
View attachment 8621

View attachment 8622

View attachment 8623

View attachment 8624

View attachment 8625

View attachment 8626

View attachment 8627

View attachment 8628

·