Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the planet Downfall the neighbouring planets in their solar system, five planets in all. Gundoria, Talaxia, Nevaran, Drastika and lastly, Talios...

Talios is a mighty Forge World of the Imperium, favoured by Imperial commanders and rumored to supply Space Marines with their armour and weaponry, it is a sprawling complex of massive metal spires and smoking funnels of waste fuel, it is mainly used for the construction of war machines of the only inhabited planets of Downfall and Gundoria,the majority of them Leman Russes and Basilisks.

But all of a sudden, as soon as the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Toxicarium descended on the other worlds and stripped the uninhabited worlds bare, a sinister foe lurked in the darkness, Chaos saw weakness in the Forge World as they had made the mistake of sending 5 out of their measly 19 defence regiments to the inhabited worlds. So the treacherous creatures rose up from their hiding place and attacked the large but almost helpless world.

Chaos stuck at the heart of the world, with drop pods descending into the burning ruins of the factories, cutting down every worker in sight, bombing the regions of civilised accommodations and barracks of the defence legions, and destroying the very world they fought so hard to protect not so long ago.

The dreaded Chaos Lord Valthrax Grimblade of the Dark Assailants legion of Chaos, was head of the campaign, he was a cold-blooded, ruthless killer feared by all but his higher accomplished allies, he wanted Talios for the industry, he needed armour, so he attacked to get the tanks so he could finally reach his dream of his legion becoming far more than just a renegade legion, it could become feared like the Red Corsairs or the Black Legion.

Just as Talios was about to fall into his hands, the Space Marines of the Imperial Fists chapter on their crusade of Chaos in the Imperium, answered the pleas of the remaining men on the Forge World and sent a small strike force along with a few regiments of Imperial Guard.

The battle still goes on now, for the Chaos keep sending small forces every now and then and the loyalists do not have enough men to spare to completely destroy the threat...

So what do you guys think? I made this in my spare time to go along with my 136th Downfall regiment i made up if you have seen their story i posted up quite a while ago, not the best i've come up with but its all i got written down in my mind for now. :grin:

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
I really hate saying this but it just did not grab my attention. I know its a start so I wont give my hopes up though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I just started with the whole idea the other day and I thought I might as well put a little starter to it.
And yes there will be a lot more of this stuff soon enough, I play the IG and I do make my army, Characters, terrain and other things based on these stories, they all do link to each other if you read all the ones fully that I am going to write.
I mainly just started it because it this great idea (in my opinion anyway, not anyone elses) so started to make it up in my head, now I have a kind of huge storyline with certain heroes and things stuck in the back of my head, and ThatOtherGuy, they will be more exciting than this one for the ones that I have written are only short storylines to put together so far, but thanks anyway guys!

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
Thats ok Warhound, I just tend to see a lot of formulaic stories like these. I shall wait and see in the mean time. But keep up the good work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts