·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are brothers
We fight, live, joke and die together
We are the 13th Argonian
Death from the skies​

James Virtus looked out of the window of his personal Valkyrie "Iron Talon" and saw the wide expanses of the Argonian desert, and the prothemium from the detonation of the many demolitions he and his squad had placed around the base of a wraithbone construct, they had then high-tailed it out of their, the only thing they were worried about now was getting back to the hive city before dinner.

James looked around and he looked over his squad, they were all good men, he saw his special weapon haulers, "Frostbite" and "CJ".
Frostbite was a good man, though as Snowy looked him over he saw true Guardsman courage, he loved the gloves, they were a bit thick though, Snowy loved his skin-tight ones better.

He looked over CJ, he was a good man, better than he knew it. His brown hair was the complete opposite of Snowys long blond hair.

He saw his squad mates, only three of them now, the other four had died protecting the other charges, Emperor bless their souls.
He looked over "Stud" Snowy knew that if he was a lady Stud would be the first man he would ever see, he wasn't a small man, yet he was a slight bit shorter to the 6'7" Snowy.

He looked over "Shorty, his callsign really did fit him front Snowy's point of view, he was absolutely tiny, maybe that was because Snowy had been brought up in a very tall family. He was a joker and Snowy liked that in a squad, he liked people who could see the light side of a situation.

He looked over "Jitters", James saw his determination to prove himself in the 13th and he had reason to, they were the most fearless Airborne unit this side of Elysia this was aslo the guy Snowy was worried about, no matter how hard he tried to hide it, Snowies eagle eye had spotted his hidden flask, it looked alot like the one James kept in the front of the Valk.
Speaking of a drink, James stood up from his seat and walked to the pilots compartment.
'Hey Greg, pass me my flask will ya,' Snowy drawled, he was slightly sleepy, he needed something to brighten him up, he caught the flask and took a long swig from it. He heard a crack and a hiss but he brushed it off thinking it was one of his squad taking a drink of something
'I love that Scotch, I'll have to buy another bottle when we get back,' said Snowy, looking further into the compartment, he saw blood, lots of it, he looked down and saw Greg with a bullet in his chest. He was groaning heavily as he dragged himself back into the pilots chair
'Get out of the Valk James, it's too late for me and the bird, I'll try and hold it as long as I can,' he said.
'But all that has happened was a bullet through the windscreen.'
'That wasn't a bullet, it was part of the engine, now go,' yelled Greg.

James ran out into the hangar and thumped his chest twice, the squad looked up at him instantly.
'Veterans, I hate to say this, but we're going down, grab your chute and your gear and we're getting the hell outta here, follow my lead,' yelled Virtus as he walked over to his seat and snatched up his Shotgun and strapped it over his back.
'Ok boys, lets go,' Snowy yelled at his squad as he turned to the back door and pressed the door release button, the hatch opened grumpily and James slung on his chute.
He then looked out the hatch and gave a quick glance of were his squad was going to land, a barren desert was all he saw, with a few small clusters of trees and ruins.
he turned back to his squad and looked them over, he then turned back to the hatch, whispered a short prayer to the Emperor, and dived out of the hatch.

------------------------

All: You look at the other men in your squad, do you chat with them, do you joke with them, or do you withdraw to yourself, finding recluse in the Valkyries hangar. Do you think of other squad mates, do you think of your sergeant, what do you think of him, he then gives the order to jump, do you wonder why.

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Throne, I need a drink. The weight of the flask was like lead hung about Vik's ankle. Unfortunately, it was impossible to even reach it given the amount of kit he was wearing. Hell, even if he could Snowy would probably have his arse for it. Apparently, drinking and jumping was bad.

Realizing his leg was pumping furiously, bumping up and down, he tried in vain to hold them down. It would not do to have this bunch see him as a nervous wreck. Hands tightly grasped to his knees, he felt the vibrations travel up his body. Dammit dammit dammit dammit.

He caught the squad leader glancing at him briefly. Surreptitious as Snowy tried to be, Vik caught everything.

"Gotta piss, Snowy!" He shouted over the din of the Valkyrie. Gotta piss my arse, I might piss my pants.

Vik kept watching the sergeant as the other man coolly regarded the others. He said something to the pilot, but it was lost in the rumble of the engines. Then he... oh no he did not... oh dammit yes he did. The bastard had gotten a flask from the pilot. And he was drinking it. Vik's mouth began to water as he tried to slowly move his hand to his trousers' cargo pocket, intent on getting a bit of amasec himself.

"Who the hell's idea was this, anyways," he muttered under his breath.

Conveniently, his words were lost in a sudden racket. Inconveniently, it was the airship taking fire. The pilot called out over the vox that they were going down. Smoke started billowing into the passenger hold as muscle reflex overcame the terror that threatened to paralyze him. Hacking out a cough, he unbuckled his restrainer harness.

Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door. He followed thoughts through to actions, attaching the snare line from his parachute to the guide wire trailing the top of the cabin. He was bumped from behind, nearly sending him tumbling into the tall thin guy in front of him.

He had yet to make an actual live combat jump... yes he was in a veteran squad, but that was for what he could do on the ground, not while falling to it.

On the verge of panic, he patted every pocket in his uniform, checking the familiar outlines of his gear while trying to concentrate on taking deep breaths to steady his heartrate. He was failing miserably, his pulse thundered in his ears. Shit. Damn.

Glancing behind him, he noticed the minuscule guardsman standing behind him, the one that had bumped into him. Putting on as good of an impression of bravado as he could muster, he yelled, "Which one opens the chute again?"

·
Registered
601 Posts
Frostbite looked at the squad. Clearly none of them came from a climate he was used to. He grabbed his freezer and loved the chilling feel, that even came through his gloves. One thing bothered him: the small thing sitting on the other side of the valk. Shorty if he remembered correct. The sergeant moved away to the cabin. Frostbite decided he'd close his eyes for a sec. He really needed some rest...

Then suddenly the sergeant came running in again, he looked a little panicked and said the valk was going down. Immediately Frostbite picked his chute up and had it on pretty darn quick, ready to jump right after the sergeant or maybe even be the first to jump off the ship. While moving towards the hatch he could see somebody panicking. "Get your chute on and get a move on! Unless you want to go down with this ship!" he said to him. How could a veteran panick in a situation like this. Was this his first jump or something?

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
Kert never got used to the Valkyrie harnesses. He didn't even have a problem with them. It was the fact that he was thousands of feet in the air, unable to control his fate if the ship took a direct hit in the wrong place. But the harness felt so uncomfortable once the Valkyrie left the ground. But once my feet touch down, It's my time to roll. If I don't get shot down here.

He pushed those thoughts out of his head and took a look around to settle himself. He wouldn't put his life in the hands of any other men, even Space Marines. He really liked this sergeant, compared to the others. Maybe it was his attitude to war, they had shared a few jokes at each others expense before leaving. Despite this he was still a great soldier and leader, willing to risk a shot from a Commissar to win a battle.

Jitters was shaking again, really bad, you could tell he wanted a drink. Don't see why the sergeant doesn't let him have a sip, it helps him.

Why is he staring at me like that? Thought Kert as he met Frostbites gaze across the ship. Did i piss him off at the wraithbone tower? Frostbite closed his eyes and he breathed a sigh of relief. Tension between squad mates was not good in a war. He was just finished contemplating this when the ship rocked slightly. The sergeant ran out calmly stating that the ship was going down. The veterans moved like clockwork, up and ready to jump in seconds.

"The chute opens itself at the end of the fall mate, cord at the back for backup. Would you like me to hold your hand on the way down?" He shouted to Jitters as he struggled with the chute. The short ones always have to stand at the back, don't they? He thought as he followed the squad towards the hatch...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
After the mad dash to the Valk after planting the demo charges on the wraithbone tower, C.J. just got into his harness and closed his eyes for some well earned sleep in C.J.'s opinion. After having just fallen asleep, in his opinion, C.J. hears the sarge order a drop. Confused C.J. looks around.

"Sir, yes Sir!" barks C.J. as hegets his chute on and forms up with the rest of the squad. As C.J. lines up he notices Jitters being his usual jittery self.
"Hey Jitters?" C.J. calls to him, "Dont worry mate. The sarge will get us through this one. Hell we dont even have to blow anything up this time!" C.J. yells over the Valk to be heard.

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
"Well, I mean if you could, I wouldn't be too opposed to it!" Vik hollered. The little man's bemused smile faded and Vik focused on the jump at hand. He took a few steadying steps as the Valkyrie's vibrations intensified.

Okay, frak this. He bent over at the waist, his trembling hands finding the flask buried in his pockets. Spilling half of it on the way up, he took a long swig. Ahhhhh... He felt the warmth spread through his body, Throne he loved amasec.

His spirits immediately improved, "All right frakkers lets do this before this rig blows!"

He kept moving to the rear of the Valkyrie and the abyss that waited beyond. Knowing he would not have the time to stow his flask back in his pocket, he pulled out his shirt and dropped it down.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
"Thats not a good idea Vik." C.J. yells at him when he notices Vik drinking."The sarge would have your ass if he saw that!"
C.J. then jumps out of the Valk.
"DEATH FROM THE SKIES!!" C.J. screams the last line of the motto in sheer excitement as he always has since joining the 13th. He then scans his landing zone after the chute deploys. Desert, C.J. thought, at least Vik and Shorty wont be hurt to much by a bad landing. After hitting the desert C.J. looses his chute and readies his plasmagun. Seeing ruins at his 5 o clock he points his plasamagun there and waits for orders from Sarge "Snowy".

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snowy hit the ground and looked around at his men, they were ready, all had their guns aimed around them, ready for anything. Virtus turned to them, the great expanse of desert catching his eye, he saw something cresting the hill...
...Eldar.
'Men, move to cover, try and avoid firing, we want to sneak up on them and kill them, we don't want them to know where we are, head to the forest, I have a plan,' Snowy said as he ran off towards the nearest cluster of trees.

CJ:you look at your sarge, is he going mad, trying to outsneak Eldar, do you comment on this or do you follow his orders anyway.

Jitters:you try to understand why the sarge is trying to hide from the Eldar, that would be almost impossible, do you tell him your point of view or do you say nothing

Kert: You attempt to understand why the sarge is trying to hide from the Eldar, this would make for a good joke if the plan goes to plan

Frostbite: Do you think your sarge has gone mad, or is this just part of one of his elaborate traps and workings

Stud:Do you question Sarge, wouldn't it be better to take them head on, knowing that they can't fight a straight out battle, or do you keep your mouth shut.

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
Impact. Roll, eject grav chute, perfect. Kert pulled out his lasgun and fixed the bayonet, the familiar click reassuring him that his life was now in his hands. Everybody had landed close together, no need to search for anybody. Nearby was a typical desert forest, the only trees badass enough to grow in this climate.

"Ready!" He shouted after moving into position. When everybody regrouped the sarge gave the order to move into the forest.

The forest? Against Eldar? It was crazy but then again, it was Snowy. Kert scanned the horizons through his scope. There was nothing too tough coming over that hill but there could be more, unseen. They might have seen us falling, ambush from the trees. The thought of facing Eldar in a low visibility area wasn't very pleasant but he had orders and would follow his sergeant into the eye of terror itself if he had to.

"What was in that damned flask?" He said quietly before shouting "moving out sir!"

·
Registered
601 Posts
Frostbite jumped right after snowy, but opened his grav chute later, to be the first to land. The Sarge said he saw Eldar and gave the order to go to the forest.

This could impossibly be good. The Eldar had already seen them drop, so they knew they had company. And Eldar also were very good at hiding and sneaking. What was he up to? Frostbite ran towards Snowy. "I don't know what you're planning, but this cant be a good idea. They can easily shoot us down one by one and everybody knows guys like us can't outrun an Eldar. What the hell is going on in your mind?"

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
C.J. turns and satres wide-eyes at Snowy,He did not just say sneak up on Eldar., thought C.J.. When Snowy took of at a rub for the desert trees C.J. had his answer. Shaking his head, C.J. took off at his quikest speed to be right behind the sarge to blast any xenos he could with the holy plasmagun he always used and luckily never overheated though C.J. knew it was bound to happen. As C.J. gets close to the others he hears Frostbites comment to the Sarge.

"I don't know what you're planning, but this cant be a good idea. They can easily shoot us down one by one and everybody knows guys like us can't outrun an Eldar. What the hell is going on in your mind?"

"It was also a bad idea to go and blow up that wraithbone tower Frostbite. The Sarge knows what he's doing we just need to back him up and do as he says, Snowy wont throw our lives away without thought like others. C.J. responds to Frostbite before Snowy could say anything,"But i would like to add this a lot more crazy.

·
Registered
601 Posts
C.J. answered right after Frostbite had finished. "It was also a bad idea to go and blow up that wraithbone tower, Frostbite. The Sarge knows what he's doing we just need to back him up and do as he says, Snowy wont throw our lives away without thought like others. But i would like to add this a lot more crazy."
Frostbite grinned. "You do know every man has his limits right? Maybe he's at the end of his line. Though I'd like mine to go on a little longer than just today." Frostbite said with a grin. Of course he knew Snowy wasn't all that bad... But this just didn't seem right! Trying to beat Eldar on their own turf with their own tactics... As if that would ever work!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snowy turned to Frostbite and CJ
'Ok, the plan is that they will come in trying prepared to find us all spilt up and waiting to attack, but that will leave us open, because if we try to outsneak Eldar they will win, what we do is rig everything with Frag grenades and then Frostbite, you open up on them with your "Freezer" which will trip the grenades and blow up all the trees, also killing all the Eldar.'
Snowy then turned around and continued running towards the trees, he was about to part the branches when he saw a glint of metal.
'Guys, there are already Eldar in their, I think they call them Striking Scorpions, when I saw the word Argonia we open fire, alright,' Snowy whispered as he retreated to a fallen tree. He waited and waited, this seemed like and age when it was but seconds until he saw the glint of metal again
'Argonia!'

·
Registered
542 Posts
Being the last out of the plane, Stud landed after the squad had moved towards the forest. Stud didn't even know what had shot them down. This is what you get for hiding in the corner pouting over the men you failed to save, he thought.
Stud quickly caught up to the group and herd the guys quietly arguing amongst them-selfs about how sneaking about would get them killed. What the hell are we fighting here? Eldar, Dark Eldar, maybe overly-sneaky Chaos Marines.
Snowy suddenly stopped and began whispering to Frostbite & CJ. Snowy finished talking, continued peering into the forest before he shouted their battlecry. The following explosion what quite the display of fireworks.

Now we hope that the Eldar strikeforce doesn't contribute their own fireworks.

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
"FUCK!" Kert yelled as the order to open fire was given. In the rush to get away from the wraithbone tower, he had completely forgot to reload. "I'm a veteran not a bloody conscript."

He slammed a fresh magazine into his lasgun and fired into the trees. If too many of them survived the firefight, the small veteran team would be slaughtered in melee. Only two magazines left. Kert pulled out his laspistol and continued to fire. He had expended too much ammo at the tower and there was no chance to resupply.

"Throwing frag! Eat this you bastards!" He screamed at the Eldar before throwing a grenade into the treeline. Something metal was kicked up by the explosion and he grinned.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
As the Sarge gave the order C.J. shot at a tree and blew hlf of its trunk away and sent an Eldar aspect warrior flying onto thier back. C.J. checks his plasmagun's charge only to see its only 1/4 charged "Shit!!" he exclaims. C.J. then unhooks 2 frag grenades and says "Throwing frags!!"
One frag detonates harmlessly 5 feet behind the Eldar while the other one lands at the feet of one of the warriors before exploding removing the Eldar in a blinding flash of white leaving only a crater and falling pieces. C.J. then takes his pistol out and shoots at anything moving downrange.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(OOC: I don't wanna stand around like a pansy doing nothing I'm gonna help out.)

Snowy rolled and brought his Shotgun to bear, he let rip three shots, an dripped open one of the Striking Scorpions.
He spun and unleashed another three shots, this time the Scorpions armour stopped the shells, Snowy went to fire another shot to the head.
Click, Click Click
'Crap,' Snowy yelled as he slung his Shotgun over his back and drew his pistols, 'Argh,' Snowy ran at the Scorpion, firing like there was no tomorrow, he glanced the Scorpions armour to the point were it wasn't recognisible and ripped the Scorpion apart.
He ejected his clips and re-loaded, he took stock of the battle, his men were low on ammo and the Scorpions were getting closer and closer.
Time to shake the battle up a bit
Snowy jumped over a log and dropped a grenade in front of his feet, the pin hadn't been pulled and he had a reason for not pulling it. The Scorpions closed in on him, apparently not caring for the use of their pistols, they wanted to finish him off in close combat. As the first one came in Snowy jumped up and grabbed the branch above his head and whipped himself up, the grenade he dropped shook on the ground as its pin was pulled and as Snowy jumped out of the tree the grenade went off, Snowy's black coat billowing in the shockwave.
Snowy had tied the Grenade's pin to his shoelace and had wedged the grenade under a branch so it wouldn't jump up after him.
Snowy then looked around and saw the Scorpions charging towards him. He then saw the Valkyrie "Iron Talon" the airship that had helped him through so many battles and a Valk that he himself had actually flown once, go down in a blaze of shrapnel and flying motor parts, that was no way for a ship like that to go down. He looked back at his nearby surroundings and saw that even more Scorpions were slowly coming towards him.
'Squad, I could do with some help,' Snowy yelled, drawing his pistols.

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Jitters hurtled towards the ground in an uncontrollable tumble. The wind rushing past his ears was barely strong enough to drown out his heartbeat. The chute would not open, his fall would not be arrested in time.

The vista grew nearer with stomach-churning speed. He knew that the damn thing should have opened by now... Frantically, he began reaching into his kit, grabbing any and every string he could. He ripped the cord securing his night vision gear to his webbing, watching in dismay as the device dropped below him. A spare pair of bootlaces came next. Finding a random wire protruding from his back, he gave on last desperate tug, praying to the God-Emperor that this was the back-up chute.

The top of his pack ripped open, slowing his descent just in time to prevent becoming a rather unsightly stain upon the ground. He drifted, lazily, until he set down on the ground almost gracefully.

I can't believe that just frakking happened... The chute billowed around him as he stood there, frozen, knees trembling.

Movement behind him cracked the low-lying brush. The rest of the squad was forming up, waiting for Snowy's instructions. He barely manages to control his breathing as the men gather around their leader.

"Men, move to cover, try and avoid firing, we want to sneak up on them and kill them, we don't want them to know where we are, head to the forest, I have a plan."

That's it? That's frakking it? These are frakking Eldar for Throne's sake. He was convinced, Snowy had lost it. Something in that booze...

He heard Kurt mutter something under his breath, reflecting his own disquiet. The others looked like they were on the verge of mutiny as well, so Jitters held his tongue. Might as well let them take the arse-chewing, they were thinking it anyways. He'll save his ticket for another day.

The men halted where Snowy was kneeling and listened intently to his plan. Jitters was still rather incredulous about the whole ordeal. Sneaking up on Eldar was just plain up frakking dumb. It was a good way to ensure a man never ate a nice grox-steak again. Then again, he could not remember the last time he actually had a grox-steak. Back home? No, that could not be right. He thought he had one...

"...when I say the word 'Argonia,' open fire," Snowy finished.

Shit, what the hell did he just say? He crawled over to where Snowy was kneeling, just in time for the man for stand up and scream "Argonia!" at the top of his lungs. At this, the squad opened up.

Jitters' acrobatic reflexes kicked in at the sound of gunfire. Rolling deftly onto his side, he sprung off his legs into the cover of a thick tree. He landed on his shoulder, tucking his legs in and coming up in a kneeling position. His lasgun was instantly at his shoulder, all thoughts of terror banished, leaving room for only one thing. Survival. The more of these damn xenos he killed, the more likely it was that he may not die today.

A green mask twirled in his direction, hateful scarlet eyes glared from it. Taking quick but careful aim, he snapped off a shot. The amber beam pierced the alien's eye socket, exploding through the back of its skull in a burst of blood and brains.

He did not wait for the self-satisfaction of the kill to hit, instead instantly re-aiming his weapon time and time again, getting off quick and effective shots at the enemy. Every bolt counted, maiming or killing an Eldar.

His vision funneled. He was no longer in a forest, he was at the end of a vast tunnel, blackness on all sides save for the light at the end, filled by the hated aliens. Grenades burst before him, but still his focus did not waver. His lasgun kept spitting shot after shot as the rest of the world was forgotten. All that existed was his finger, the barrel, and the target. So focused was he on firing, he failed to notice Snowy's call for aid.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looking over at the sound of Snowy's distress call, Stud redirected his laspistols at the oncoming Scorpions. He slowly walked toward Snowys' position taking carefuly aimed shots. He managed to drop one of the Eldar before running out of ammo.
Holstering his laspistols and equipping his scimitar, Stud charged the Striking Scorpions.

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
"Shoulda thought twice before invading my home."Kert said before he plunged his bayonet into the back of a wounded Eldar. So far the combat was going well - no casualties, plenty of dead Eldar and they were moving slowly deeper into the forest.

Two more Eldar fell to two well aimed shots as Kert looked over at the sergeant. He was falling from a tree, an explosion behind him within killing range. 'Squad, I could do with some help,' came the call.

Kert ran over and took cover with Snowy, "My arse you need help, pulling stunts like that," he said, dropping another Eldar. "Any orders?"

Stud was also running over to cover the sarge. They were going to need a medic eventually and Kert was happy to see him running over. Emperors throne, he just pulled out his sword.

"YOUR GONNA GET YOURSELF KILLED!" Kert yelled and ran to cover Stud as he moved, leaving Snowy to fend for himself for now. Shit, I'm not gonna make it. He stopped behind a tree and aimed towards Stud determined to make sure he didn't get ripped apart by the alien warriors.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts