Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Lizardmen weren't out by the end of the year in this version tbh. Or failing that, headlining a "9th Ed" reboot to the series.

I still believe that they're intentionally fucking up these next few releases so that they can officially "reboot" come "10th".
The death of lizardmen seems sadly inevitable,
the only fantasy army (apart from O&G to an extent) that I have any interest in.................
(stomps foot and sobs)

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
So the starter set for both WFB and 40k is Space Marines vs Chaos?

Yay.

For gods sakes they even directly translate across - Lord, Helbrute, Chosen, Cultists vs Lord, Tacs, Termies and Bikers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So is the new "age of sigmar" a skermish game ? I can't images have squads of 40 clan rats on round bases would be a nightmare to move around ?????

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah, looks like BA sang guard versus Khorne marines and cultists. Looks like there's even a chaplain in the top left of the first pic. They actually remind me of Warmahordes minis for some reason, but like they've been done by a much better sculptor than PP use.

That said, it is an extremely impressive box set. Cool looking minis, and lots of them. This might make me take the plunge into whatever it is that WFB has become.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think they look pretty damn cool. The Chaos stuff doesn't look too different but then Chaos I believe was always a fairly safe area of GW's IP.

The Sigmarites look quite like Sanguinary Guard but then I like Sanguinary Guard so I like these. Can definitely see myself doing a force of them if the Elven models aren't better.

41 - 60 of 344 Posts