Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
picked up WD today and thd guy on shift mentioned 13 weeks of fantasy releases but didnt know anything beyond that. So... If we are getting stealer cults and deathwatch it wont be for some time

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Fantasy is what really got me in the game. 40k really grabbed all my interest because of the fluff.

Its quite difficult in my opinion to start something without it being popular. Even during our age of Scifi, its died down a bit. I always considered the 80's and even early 90s as fantasy, knights in shinning armor years. It kind of boosted up in popularity when Lord of the rings was around. In my opinion they didn't take full advantage of the Hobbit to really push through end of times and more fluff.

You would think they would do a push if and when fantasy becomes popular again. Hopefully, not that long.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
There was some rumour about a chaos mutated lizardmen unit for skaven.

Sounds BADASS
Hehehe. Clan Moulder can make anything out of anything man-things.

I can't wait to see what the Skaven have become in their self-imposed exile into the Realm of Ruin. I will definitely be starting my Skaven army proper for the new game.

LotN

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks 8th ed Fantasy is an unequivocally superior games system to 6th and 7th ed 40k? Simply on the basis of the mechanics, not the models and fluff?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Yes. 6th Edition, you're correct. That was a fucking hanger dodger of a system. 7th? Eh, it has it's flaws, but mostly that's peoples refusals to outright move with the times and still stuck in 3rd edition thinking when Rhino Rush was a thing.

8th Edition Fantasy? It has exactly one good book. Vampire Counts. Which was perfectly balanced, so that even the shit units could be taken and still do reasonably well with (Hexwraiths and Ghouls). Other than that? It's broken. Completely and utterly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
13 weeks starting when? I only ask because if we kick off in july as per the picture at the start of the thread then whats on the cards for the next 4 weeks? More marines? Admech codex three? Deathwatch? Sisters? Squats ?

Dark Angels/Tzeentch daemonkin campaign is the most prevalent rumour

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Dark Angels/Tzeentch daemonkin campaign is the most prevalent rumour
well thelsat deamonkin book was a 1 week release so and dark angels just got a new codex so i cant see them getting 3 or fourweeks worth of minis, i know we have the libby and DA interrogator dude to come but that still leaves us short. some actual new chaos marine units would be nice! or even some upgrade sprues if we must go down that route.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
well thelsat deamonkin book was a 1 week release so and dark angels just got a new codex so i cant see them getting 3 or fourweeks worth of minis, i know we have the libby and DA interrogator dude to come but that still leaves us short. some actual new chaos marine units would be nice! or even some upgrade sprues if we must go down that route.
Hmm, I think the Dark Angels codex was last done in 2012. I'm just going by what Warseer has said. We've seen the libby and the IG, but zero chaos stuff. Unless it's going to go

week 1: DA book and minis
week 2 Campaign book
week 3: Tzeentch book and minis

without a boxed set.

PURE SPECULATION:

maybe the first releases for Age of Sigmar will be some sort of Tzeentch themed WFB minis, sort of the same way the Khorne ET release linked up with the Khorne Daemonkin book. But, who knows. We DO know that there is a big Tzeentch villain in the WFB world, that had somewhat of a twist toward the end of the last ET book. I'd assume he's going to come back.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Jan 2013 by all accounts, jesus 2 and half years has gone by fast, well in that case , lets have some more green/black/bone coloured marines, though to be honest i dont really see what minis we might get for the dark angels unless they are gonna slip some "vanilla" stuff out and dress them up as DAs.
True, DA does have some of the best chapter specific kits. You can't argue with the Deathwing kit. Plus, they seem to be MADE for formations with Deathwing, ravenwing, and Greenwing.

I'm pretty happy to just see plastic HQ's for them, as they pretty much have no options in that category, unless you use the vanilla ones. Belial could use the plastic treatment since he actually has multiple options for his loadout, would double nicely as a chapter master if you could give him a helmet.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
True, DA does have some of the best chapter specific kits. You can't argue with the Deathwing kit. Plus, they seem to be MADE for formations with Deathwing, ravenwing, and Greenwing.

I'm pretty happy to just see plastic HQ's for them, as they pretty much have no options in that category, unless you use the vanilla ones. Belial could use the plastic treatment since he actually has multiple options for his loadout, would double nicely as a chapter master if you could give him a helmet.
careful what you wish for, admech players wished for a plastic HQ and they got one, sadly hes £22, now dont me wrong hes a stunning mini, and normally i can justify most prices, but £22 for a single plastic non limited edition mini is difficult to justify , its no wonder people keep asking me for necron lord bitz all of a sudden.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
True... I'd rather it not be that steep, especially when you can make pretty good termie masters out of the Deathwing box. My Belial is a deathwing knight with a storm bolter and power sword.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I hope that too :p

I'd wager this was done to make WFB a more accessible game system. Easier to pick up and play so that it can bring in newer players.
This I hope is what happens. I've tried to get into it twice but I can't understand it because it just seems overly tedious. We have a new Store Manager at my local GW loves Fantasy and is pushing it hard, and it's got a lot of older players back in, but even he admits it's hard to get new people in because it can be rather stale and it's rather costly just to get started small scale let alone bigger size stuff.

If they had a skirmish version, I'd love to start Lizardmen and Brettonian.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
21 - 40 of 344 Posts