Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
The End Times was handled so fucking poorly. The last few releases for 40K have been very poor in all but power creep. The style and design of Warhammer has steadily lost the aesthetics and quality I enjoyed about it when I first joined. As the standard of art increased, the quality of the game and the ideas for the new units have steadily gotten ever more shite.

Demigryph Knights, Laser beam Magic guns... Eh. While I can get the basis behind it, let's just say I'd have preferred more Steam Tanks and Bear Riders from Kislev.

But me? I'm old school and only spent probably the best part of a 1/5th of my wage from the last 15 years on GW shite, so what the fuck do GW care about me, so long as they keep getting newbies to spend £300 at once, never pick up the game again after 6 months, and then sell all the shit on ebay taking even more money out of GW's hands?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: turel2

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't believe Age of Sigmar is 9th edition though, rumours point to it being something else, then 9th ed coming a bit later. One rumour said it was going to be a stand alone game like Space Hulk, another said it's the skirmish version released as it's own rulebook.

Valid points though. I liked TET and the newer stuff, however I am a newer player (joining up in the past decade). Though I'm now GW's ideal customer either, so I know what you mean.

Though: Old school Dwarf slayers, and metal WoC mounted Lords >>>>>> anything that's been released thus far, IMHO.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
"Can what is dead ever truly die?"

Sounds like to me Greyjoys are confirmed to the WFB Universe!!!!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Oh golly,

But that probAbly refers to all the killed off characters during the ET. Maybe some come back!
It's more from their religion. Their main motto being "What is dead may never die". It just sounded familiar to me when it was put that way in the picture.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Warhammer failed to keep my interest on four separate occasions of me trying to get into the game. No problems with the fluff, no problems with the models, I just found the game system itself tedious as all shit.

If there is a skirmish variant, or if the core game mechanic is changed enough to not be so rigid then I might just be tempted to try for a fifth time with the scaly servants of the Old Ones. :whistle:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Guessing the Lizardmen went 'into the sea' and we're getting some Cthulhu-style resurgence from them, maybe?

1 - 20 of 344 Posts